NFL Week 6 Winners: Kiko and the Bills' draft class

Rubes

Good teams string 2-3 of these draft classes together, then supplement with FA. We're heading the right direction, but need continued success and another good draft next year.

Though I don't disagree that we need another good draft, I feel that people are generally too quick to discount players that don't shine in their rookie years.

In the previous two drafts we have 4 players(Gilmore, Glenn, Dareus, A. Williams) that if they continue to improve as they have done, might become top 10 talents within the next couple of years......with some additional players from those drafts that could easily become solid players, or provide solid depth.

And with FA acquisitions such as Mario, Lawson, Branch and even Leonhard, Hughes, Summers and Carpenter.....there is a decent possibility that in a year or two we will look at the 2011-2013 off-seasons and say that we indeed had a string of 2-3 great draft/FA periods.

Seriously, The Bills need another draft like this past one in a couple areas of need- OG, TE, first two areas of need followed closely by CB, DE/DT.

Heck even Graham started showing signs of life yesterday. WR is starting to look solid(please stay healthy) after the past two drafts.

Good teams draft good. Find starters in the first three rounds and rotational guys in rounds 4-7.

Right now, Kiko Alonso is the most exciting LB this team has had since Takeo Spikes, and could be the best ILB on this team since we had Chris Spielman.

Which just makes me wonder which team will be giving him his big FA contract once we decide not to re-sign him.

Good teams string 2-3 of these draft classes together, then supplement with FA. We're heading the right direction, but need continued success and another good draft next year.

The problem, IMO, is not that the Bills don't have good drafts but that they do a poor job of retaining the good players from their drafts once their rookie contracts are up.

NFL Shutdown Corner on Yahoo

So we at least got that going for us...

When Stevie comes back they should put him in the slot and put Woods and Goodwin on the Edge...And with TJ having a better game, our WR suddenly appears not too bad. If that damn Defense (I know they were on the field for 43 minutes) can hold teams under 14-18 points, this team has a good shot at winning most of these games.

The problem, IMO, is not that the Bills don't have good drafts but that they do a poor job of retaining the good players from their drafts once their rookie contracts are up.

I think it is a bit of both...

Whitner and Poz were average players that did not warrant the money they got in the FA market.

He is a Natural for ILB.

thank gosh the Buffalo Bills finally.. have somebody in there that will play the postion decently. The Sheppard Wanstadt era was rather painful. And comparisons to PoZ are unfair ( i liked that guy though )

Putting Kiko Alonso on the Buffalo Bills at MLB was a solve for a very key piece of the big puzzle.

22 tackles means hustle. and he did have a struggle too.

Respect has been earned for him by meself by now. for him. well done kid.

Go Alonso!

Leading the league in tackles and interceptions 6 weeks into the year is pretty impressive.

And it probably won't be the last time when he has a bad game.

Right now, Kiko Alonso is the most exciting LB this team has had since Takeo Spikes, and could be the best ILB on this team since we had Chris Spielman.

When the Bills drafted Alonso, I was a bit surprised. I knew he had a very good senior year, but whenever I hear about the Oregon Ducks, I think about players on offense not defense. Guess I should have been more open minded.

Alsonso is one of those players that when the Bills are on defense, you watch him on every play.

Once Gilmore's hand is strong enough to remove cast and play normally, between him and Mcluvin as corners, Byrd and Williams at safeties, Mario and both DT's and even Branch in looking very serviceable in his role and with Kiko leading the LB corp. Too bad Lawson got hurt in game, cuz with him and Kiko on field in nickel situations, LB is actually a strength... This is a D to reckon with.

Only thing that really bothered me about Thad;s start is when play broke down and looked to run, he was far too indecisive and looked like he was over thinking it and those extra split seconds he hesitated cost us a few first downs when he had clear path and if he just took off and ran, would have had 7-10 yards each time and ended up gaining next to nothing. The fumble was really bad too and hopefully when they go over the tape he sees how indecisive he was with the runs and fixes that for next week. This arm looked good and would have been an even better game with Stevie in there. Just having him on field would have pulled Hall off Woods and we could have had a good game. Thad had a couple of EJ throws when he threw ball way to hard and ball footwork on short throws. Those are so important to complete especially with alot of those balls being thrown to track stars who are not known for top notch hands (not including Woods). TJ and Marquise should each get a least a bubble screen or reverse once or twice a game. Those 2 have to get ball in space and TJ has a ton of trouble catching the ball cleanly. Even after his best game of the yr, If Stevie is back, they have to have Woods, not Graham in on 2 WR looks and Goodwin with 3 WR sets. Woods has best hands on team and Stevie would look real good in slot with Goodwin back. Having him back is huge for O cuz we really lacked that kind of weapon.

I'll be at the game this week in Bills gear on Bills sideline at 45 yd line as i live in S. Fla and am really hoping we pull this one out. I HATE the "walk of shame" after the game in we lose to Fins!

GO BILLS!

Leading the league in tackles and interceptions 6 weeks into the year is pretty impressive.

The stats actually suprise me.

I think the Kid is awesome on a couple levels and his potential is looking good .

Especially impressed by his snap count .

I said it before

I think we got us one heck of a player .

Marrone is feeling pretty secure about him i might wager !

@ChrisBrownBills

Alonso again up for NFL Rookie of Week http://wp.me/plmrg-8Vy

I did not think he looked as good this game but 22 tackles ! and heck Searcy was no slouch in the stats , 16 tackles or something ? I think Pettine is getting a better feel for that kid about now.

I would like to think teams might well be respecting some of our players.

Go Bills