Revised Super Bowl predictions! Final say.

Grant

I think that Atlanta beats Philly next week, and not only that - they win by more than one score. Philly fans are left to wonder if things would've been different if Owens hadn't been hurt. I hate predicting actual scores, but we'll say it ends up as ATL 33 PHI 23

In Pittsburgh, it's pretty much playing for the Lombardi. Despite the consensus of TSW (which, for some reason, always seems to be wrong when predicting games - didn't everyone guarantee a Colts win today?), I believe this is going to be ultra close. Maybe even over time. In the end, I think that Ben "Frankenstein" Roethlisberger makes a critical mistake at the wrong time and the Patriots pull out a close one. NE 20 PIT 17

The Super Bowl is a big Michael Vick/Tom Brady love fest. Two media darlings in the biggest game of the season, and they get a lot of publicity. The game ends up being closer than most pundits expected, but the Patriots are in control the entire game. NE 27 ATL 19

Eagles vs Pats...Pats win...ho hum...

208243[/snapback]

I second that.

I live just north of Atlanta, if the Falcons win it all, it's really going to be weird... I could care less about the Falcons. All the "home town team wins it all" BS might just drive me to drinking!

-Jeff

I think that Atlanta beats Philly next week, and not only that - they win by more than one score. Philly fans are left to wonder if things would've been different if Owens hadn't been hurt. I hate predicting actual scores, but we'll say it ends up as ATL 33  PHI  23

In Pittsburgh, it's pretty much playing for the Lombardi. Despite the consensus of TSW (which, for some reason, always seems to be wrong when predicting games - didn't everyone guarantee a Colts win today?), I believe this is going to be ultra close. Maybe even over time.  In the end, I think that Ben "Frankenstein" Roethlisberger makes a critical mistake at the wrong time and the Patriots pull out a close one.  NE 20    PIT  17

The Super Bowl is a big Michael Vick/Tom Brady love fest. Two media darlings in the biggest game of the season, and they get a lot of publicity. The game ends up being closer than most pundits expected, but the Patriots are in control the entire game.  NE 27  ATL 19

208218[/snapback]

i'm right there with you. I predicted the Pats as well for today. If it weren't for Brien, my Jets prediction would have come to fruition.

As far as this place, I got blasted when I said Ty Law's absence would not be a factor. Someone said i was "incorrect". I never knew an opinion could be wrong before the fact.

Pitt will lose to NE this time. I agree that Roethlishdggfkksxghgfdsjgbjer will be perplexed enough to lose.

I predicted wrong on Minnesota. I thought they would beat Philly. Philly will not make it. I won't be wrong when I predict ATL this weekend.

Patriots 31

Falcons 19

The Patriots are the best team to make the playoffs this year. I think they win it all (they way I have felt all year, been accused of being a Patsy troll a few times!). I will say, however, if I am wrong about the Pats, Atalanta will be the winner. I am one of those who had very limited exposure to the Falcons this season, and was thinking all the Vick hype was BS. I am not sure how much it means to trash the Rams (seems like a lot of teams did this year, including the Bills and fish), but I am intrigued by the way they did it. They looked like some hyper charged, video game, college team. Vick, Dunn and Duckett make up an incredible trio of athletes, with rar speed and athletic ability, who just may be able to beat a strong defense with their runnning versatility. It seems like Vick only has to throw 2 or three good passses a game, for them to control things. And, their defense is not half bad.

Still, if betting, I would cautiously bet the Patriots (superb coaching staff's last hurrah perhaps?), over the Falcons.

I second that.

I live just north of Atlanta, if the Falcons win it all, it's really going to be weird... I could care less about the Falcons.  All the "home town team wins it all" BS might just drive me to drinking!

-Jeff

208249[/snapback]

You got that right......all these transplant, bandwagon fans will be acting as if they've been following the Falcons all their lives.......they'll act like Red Sox fans and be all dramatic about how they just never thought the Falcons would win it all.......

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons actually matched up with the Pats better than the Eagles. The Falcons are more unconventional, and you really can't gameplan for Vick like you can for most other QBs. Besides, they have Peerless......Mr. Number One receiver lol.......sooner or later the guy has to catch something......doesn't he? lol

I don't know, I think the Pats probably take out either team if they get past the steelers.....I just wish that instead of the Pats always figuring out how to beat other teams, that some OTHER team would figure out a way to get the Pats number.......enough is enough already.

At the beginning of the year, I picked Philly to beat the Patriots. So, I have to stick with that by law (I'm always fairly accurate at determining who is IN the Big Game... not so much who wins)

Yet, I hope to see a Pennyslvania Superbowl... and watch Rothlisburger get MVP. Has this ever happened to a rookie quarterback? I doubt it.

the jester kiss of death:  i have thought the patriots would win since early october. 

208220[/snapback]

Jester, my man, if you can pull off a Pats loss via your jinx, you will be my new best friend.

I have come to dislike Belichik a lot, just envy I reckon. I love that story about him breaking down film when he was 10 years old. How is a mere mortal coach supposed to outsmart a guy like this?

Imo, the Falcons are clearly the team with the best chance to beat NE.

Bellichik IS a defensive genious. He can prepare for anything, but Vick can do the unexpected. I dont think that there is a way to prepare for a qb with a strong arm and can run for 119 yards in a playoff game.

Vick is an exception to every football "rule." He is probably the most gifted athlete ever to play the game.

Yeah, I think that we are looking at a Falcons superbowl win. This means they wil probably lose to the eagles.

Patriots vs. Falcons would be a complete blowout. The Falcons are the most OVER-RATED team in the NFL. Well, next to the Bills anyways.

Michael Vick is a running back with a quarterbacks number. The guy is too stupid to read defenses. Imagine the look on his face when he goes back to pass and only sees 2 down linemen and 9 linbackers and defensive backs? His pea-sized brain will blow up! :devil: