Sam Young released, Bills pick up Antoine McClain

FluffHead

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta be better then Young, who stepped in Briefly for Urbik and allowed two sacks. Probably better then Legursky too

Yep , at least they have not sat on their hands. The team is making adjustments. alot of them . Most forced by injury but also thank goodness and finally ,after all these years to attempt to improve the team during the season . I do believe this year has more activity moving players on and off the team than any time that i can recall. Alot of it surprising though.

Young guys (coaches and players} with a plan.... dealing with adversity .

I am cool with that in general , but its way too soon to call out the staff. I expect consistency to develop the late half of the season. And i hope we have our key players on the field to finish.

For now Mclain was a needed pickup . and The legursky/ brown competition is good fun.

Whaley is doing something. Not sure what but he is trying to earn his pay and i like watching it unfold.

Was talking to a hardcore fan of another team , and he expessed how i feel. Bills are fun to watch these days. He was speaking of the team's development and the game days

where is Charles Reinfelter viiii LG extrordinaire when you need him ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Good post.

Just to add to what you've written, many of the more intelligent and better-informed posters here would have done a better job of running the Bills than the Bills' front office did. Belittling people for not working for a front office is silly, when some of the people in question are right more often than a badly-run front office.

As far as Levitre goes, the Titans greatly overpaid for him. Had the Bills been willing to overpay for him by an even greater degree than the Titans, we would also have driven up the price for keeping Glenn and Wood.

On the other hand, we had a very credible replacement for Levitre available in the form of Reinhardt. For the life of me, I can't understand why we made little or no effort to keep Reinhardt. I mean, the guy signed a one year contract with some other team; for not much more than the minimum. Surely we could have competed with a contract offer like that? As for playing opportunity: the Bills have nobody in particular at LG right now; so I'm not sure how Reinhardt could possibly have asked for a better opportunity to get playing time than what he would have gotten here.

Rhinerskilston was one of my favorite players (honestly liked him much better than Urbik) but he missed a lot of time last season due to injury and wasn't even a full time starter. Right now he is out again with an injured foot. He got a 1.75mil contract though and I wanted him back (especially in light of Andy leaving too). The staff made those choices though so yeah it is on them.

After saying that though.

I thought in the past that Brown was a very decent fill in on the line. I can see how they thought he would be good enough. In the past he was average at pass pro but really did well in the run game. Now he looks like he has just lost all confidence and the scheme and extra help he had in the past are vastly different. He is getting stood up and pushed, he looked okay in a couple of games but :doh: damn.

Edited by bowery4

Same old Bills! Watch Sam Young go to New England and turn into the 5 star recruit that he once was. He is the next Larry Allen; we had him and let him go!! I can't believe this team...

:lol:

Young entered the game briefly for Urbik against the Jets and promptly allowed two sacks. The only way this kid plays like Larry Allen is if he passes on, and is reincarnated as a real NFL guard.

Sam Young looked the part but rarely performed up to expectations in the NFL. What happened to the guy that did well in college? Good luck to him. McClain is better suited to be an interior lineman backup.

Much better.

He might even be better suited to replace LG Colin Brown who is the very worst LG in the NFL.

FWIW, Young was claimed by JAX off waivers

Jax needed T help with Monroe being traded to the Ravens and 2013 #1 pick Luke Joeckel being injured against the Rams last Sunday. Don't see Young "helping" them much other than securing the #1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz