Let The House Vote Mr. Speaker!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you the folks that scream from the rooftop that Clinton balanced the budget? Was was it good then but not now?

By the same token....to all the folks that scream from the rooftops that Obama doesn't balance the budget.....were they screaming the same for W Bush, Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower? All of which regularly ran their budgets in deficit.

By the same token....to all the folks that scream from the rooftops that Obama doesn't balance the budget.....were they screaming the same for W Bush, Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower? All of which regularly ran their budgets in deficit.

It's all a game. Partisans on both sides have been brainwashed to think it isn't. Nothing can be done about that.

True conservatives? Yes.

First of all, there has not been a budget during Obama's time. Second of all, the deficits during the presidents terms that you mentioned were nothing compared to what Obama has run up. Third, why did you name only republican presidents? Fourth, what was the deficit spending spent on vs. what Obama has spent it on? Fifth, has Obama's deficit spending helped our economy?

True conservatives? Yes.

Apologies. I misunderstood the direction of your point......or more accurately, the motivation for your point.

I can now see that you were making basically the same point that I was attempting(against the wrong person lol)......albeit against different sides of politics.

Apologies. I misunderstood the direction of your point......or more accurately, the motivation for your point.

I can now see that you were making basically the same point that I was attempting(against the wrong person lol)......albeit against different sides of politics.

No apologies here man. Just call me and idiot for not understanding your misunderstanding and we're good.

First of all, there has not been a budget during Obama's time....

I assume you mean balanced or surplus budget. ....and what's your point with that? Apart from the Clinton administration there has only been one year of surplus governing since 1960.

Second of all, the deficits during the presidents terms that you mentioned were nothing compared to what Obama has run up.

....apart from George W's last year you mean. I'm no expert but I'd say the Global Financial Crisis has a good deal to do with that. The cause of the GFC is another issue entirely.

Third, why did you name only republican presidents?

Though I was mistaken about the intent of the initial post that I responded to, my response was highlighting only Republican Presidents because I was responding to what I thought was somebody singling out only Democratic Presidents in regards to balanced/surplus budgets.

Fourth, what was the deficit spending spent on vs. what Obama has spent it on?

I don't see how that is relevant to the issue of surplus/deficit importance.

Fifth, has Obama's deficit spending helped our economy?

Why are you asking me this? I'm fairly certain that you have a strong view on that already.

No apologies here man. Just call me and idiot for not understanding your misunderstanding and we're good.

Okay....you're an idiot. :w00t:

Initially I thought that you were a one-eyed Republican supporter calling out a one-eyed Democrat supporter for being hypocritical.....and were being hypocritical yourself in doing so(by making the point that Obama's budgets have been in deficit....when the fact is that both parties have been).

Initially I thought that you were a one-eyed Republican supporter calling out a one-eyed Democrat supporter for being hypocritical.....and were being hypocritical yourself in doing so(by making the point that Obama's budgets have been in deficit....when the fact is that both parties have been).

I'm a conservative that does not like politicians.

I assume you mean balanced or surplus budget. ....and what's your point with that? Apart from the Clinton administration there has only been one year of surplus governing since 1960.

....apart from George W's last year you mean. I'm no expert but I'd say the Global Financial Crisis has a good deal to do with that. The cause of the GFC is another issue entirely.

Though I was mistaken about the intent of the initial post that I responded to, my response was highlighting only Republican Presidents because I was responding to what I thought was somebody singling out only Democratic Presidents in regards to balanced/surplus budgets.

I don't see how that is relevant to the issue of surplus/deficit importance.

Why are you asking me this? I'm fairly certain that you have a strong view on that already.

I think everyone other than our resident reptile here can agree that deficit spending as a basic principle is not desirable. Reagan had deficits (certainly not of the scope of Obama's) that were basically caused by military spending that put people to work. Obama has deficits that do things like prop up union pension plans. We have not had actual budgets that were passed by Congress. The Senate has either refused to vote or voted them down. We have "Continuing Resolutions", in order to keep the Senators from actually taking a stand.

....We have not had actual budgets that were passed by Congress. The Senate has either refused to vote or voted them down. We have "Continuing Resolutions", in order to keep the Senators from actually taking a stand.

Ahh.....I didn't know that. The wording on my initial comment was I think influenced by the dialogue of Australian politics. I guess what I meant by saying "ran their budgets in deficit" was that they had spending deficits.

Ahh.....I didn't know that. The wording on my initial comment was I think influenced by the dialogue of Australian politics. I guess what I meant by saying "ran their budgets in deficit" was that they had spending deficits.

per the US constitution, congress is required to present an annual budget. the house of reps has done so, but the senate hasn't submitted one in over four years.

And you're not the only one.

Most Conservatives are like that because its easy to believe stupid chit, but as the current Conservative house is showing, actually trying to run the government does work so well when you only believe stupid chit

Most Conservatives are like that because its easy to believe stupid chit, but as the current Conservative house is showing, actually trying to run the government does work so well when you only believe stupid chit

I don't know how the US is, but here in Australia pretty much everyone has little trust for and dislikes politicians......and I don't believe it is because its easy to believe stupid chit.

Edited by Dibs

and all this time I thought that only Jim Carrey could speak so fluently out his own backside.

and all this time I thought that only Jim Carrey could speak so fluently out his own backside.

You have demonstatred with every post that your "thinking" really isn't worth much

And you're not the only one.

And interestingly, this simple truth is that it not only separates the conservatives from the establishment GOP, but leads to open mockery by liberals and progressives.

Take Chris Christie. He's a Republican who won't take anyone's schitt, and conservatives say "Hey, he sounds pretty good." And then he gets in the face of unions and embarrasses them to no end, and conservatives say "Wow, he really DOES sounds good." But the more conservatives look at his record, they realize...he's not conservative. Some would argue this is because of the state he's in, but regardless, if you're not going to spend as much time as possible espousing conservative principals, conservatives will dump you. Hell, conservatives are trying to take out Mitch McConnell for cripes sake.

Unlike progressives, who will follow people like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Sheila Jackson Lee, Barbara Boxer, etc. to the ends of the earth for all the days of our time. Because in the end, progressives don't care about their cause. They care about getting stuff for free and blaming others for the ills in their world...and that crop does it brilliantly. It's why so many STILL, remarkably, defend ACA.