Eric Wood calls Browns D “classless”

Wattdogg35

Maybe they were mad cause we were running the ball down their throats like we did against Baltimore, on their allegedly "great" #3 in the NFL run D...

I think our run D looked a lot better than either Cleveland or Baltimore's...

Twitter users, let's tell TJ Ward what we think... @BossWard43

gutless, classless, bush league play by @BossWard43 last night. Watching him stand over EJ and pump his fist was enraging.

Agree, 100%. The hit wasn't dirty. Even the dude yelling @ Kiko wasn't a big deal. I'm sure they were looking to get their licks on EJ, as any team would on any QB, retaliation or not. BUT, the fact remains that they celebrated over EJ as he's on the ground. Seriously, after a QB legs out a 3rd & 8 for a first down, who celebrates a tackle? Totally classless.

I was waiting for a player to come out with this befor I said anything, but there were a couple other plays that warranted taunting penalties that weren't called. Like when Graham got smashed and dude (#71) stood directly over him, looking down at him and waiving his arms? Really? Everyone has gotten called for that up until last night.

I was waiting for a player to come out with this befor I said anything, but there were a couple other plays that warranted taunting penalties that weren't called. Like when Graham got smashed and dude (#71) stood directly over him, looking down at him and waiving his arms? Really? Everyone has gotten called for that up until last night.

And yet it was the Bills that got flagged for what I recall is two unsportmanlike penalties. FJ on the sideline and a touchdown 'demonstration' in the end zone. The ref's did not appear to be willing to flag the Browns for any such indescretions..

I like Eric Wood and I concur with his opinion. From the beginning the Browns Defense tried to set a tone with hits after the whistle and post play shoving etc. The taunting Ward did should have been a penalty because he knew the hurt EJ. The circumstances were such, EJ tight roping the sideline, that most guys give you a good shove out of bounds. It was a legal tackle but you can tell it was a revenge hit. Sorry one of the linemen did not stomp on that fool. Next time EJ, go out after you get the first down.

Maybe they were mad cause we were running the ball down their throats like we did against Baltimore, on their allegedly "great" #3 in the NFL run D...

I think our run D looked a lot better than either Cleveland or Baltimore's...

Yep, their vaunted run D took a bit of a hit. Loved it. Makes me even more pissed about what happened.

Judging by the number of empty seats, not a lot of their fan base is proud or supportive of them either. Pretty sad situation.

That was really surprising. The NFLN guys (horrible) kept saying how much Ohio loves their football. Ok, that's why the Browns on a 2 game winning streak can't show up for a national game and the Bengals can't sell out a playoff game. Please.

Agree, 100%. The hit wasn't dirty. Even the dude yelling @ Kiko wasn't a big deal. I'm sure they were looking to get their licks on EJ, as any team would on any QB, retaliation or not. BUT, the fact remains that they celebrated over EJ as he's on the ground. Seriously, after a QB legs out a 3rd & 8 for a first down, who celebrates a tackle? Totally classless.

Celebrating over an injured player isn't taunting, but tossing the ball to a player on the other team is. Get it straight guys.

Actually I was at the game and came away with the exact opposite viewpoint

yeah, pretty much. The people of Cleveland deserve a much better place. They a far cry from that of Detroit or DC. Cleveland people are honest and true middle Americans. There is not much differece between Cleveland and Buffalo.

The mistake by the lake is just that. But its not due to the citizens.