PPP Showdown

not at all. charge more for the entry fee and have a real tourney without mulligans or throws. or even better, donate money without needing to incur the expense of a golf tournament and play golf with your friends on your own. but don't gloat over a trophy won when somebody in your group uses a "throw" as a 2 yard step towards the hole with a drop in for a net hole in 1 on a par 3. i think it's a symptom of the inherent dishonesty in our society. perhaps you find winning this way satisfying. i don't.

Yeah you're right, he doesn't understand the purpose of a charity tournament. BTW dog, who are the real winners in this type of event?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not at all. charge more for the entry fee and have a real tourney without mulligans or throws. or even better, donate money without needing to incur the expense of a golf tournament and play golf with your friends on your own. but don't gloat over a trophy won when somebody in your group uses a "throw" as a 2 yard step towards the hole with a drop in for a net hole in 1 on a par 3. i think it's a symptom of the inherent dishonesty in our society. perhaps you find winning this way satisfying. i don't.

Yes, I'm sure that whoever "won" that gold tournament is more proud of the fact that he won the tournament rather than he was the highest donor.

Charities aren't stupid. There's a reason they hold events that play up to the vanity of their biggest donors. And imagine that? They end up raising more money than trying to charge higher admission to people who wouldn't pay those admission hikes. So you "win" the philosophical debate of making the tournament more fair, but the charity makes much less money.

Yeay, progressives!

How silly. So now, it's not birdog's non-stop distortion of reality that is the problem, no. GG has the problem, and his problem is: he enjoys winning at a charity golf tournament too much...because he bought a mulligan?

Jesus.

First of all, how did we get here? Who the F knows for certain what GG enjoys? (My money is on raking the yard, just a feeling. :lol:) You are ascribing a state of mind to GG, based on what exactly? That he found your comments sad and ironic(amusing)? At least my bet has a chance...

Next, this is why I don't go to these things: sooner or later I end up with the "never-was" guy. The "never was" guy pretends that golf is an athletic activity. It is not. Darts and pool = golf. However, the "never-was" guy likes to pretend that there's that elusive varsity letter waiting for him at the end of the 18, and not simply a beer and a few laughs. This is the same guy who will get on you about your slice(so I do it for the next 2 holes on purpose...or...I tell myself that), tell you he's thinking about playing the Senior Tour, and gets mad and won't talk to you for 3 holes, when he finds out you've played Pine Valley a few times..and couldn't care less.

There is no reasoning with this guy. That's because this is 100% about his pent up emotional asshattery. Better to simply pass. I'm a "has-been", proud of it, and done with it. The day they put pads/helmets on, and play defense in golf? That is the day that "never-was" guy can tell me about how awesome golf is. Until then? It's merely long range darts.

I have to figure out a way to work charity golf tournaments into the mix here because there is some good stuff. Who knew?

WOW again. keepthefaith off the mat and swinging. Not enough insults until the very end, but other than that nearly flawless. You even avoided putting a team in a podunk town for once. IMO you two are back on level footing. keepthefaith might have even drawn ahead if he had worked more insults into the flow instead of trying to go over the top with dick jokes at the end. That was the one negative. Had he put together a bad post he would have been done.

No winner yet. Keep going.

How silly. So now, it's not birdog's non-stop distortion of reality that is the problem, no. GG has the problem, and his problem is: he enjoys winning at a charity golf tournament too much...because he bought a mulligan?

Jesus.

First of all, how did we get here? Who the F knows for certain what GG enjoys? (My money is on raking the yard, just a feeling. :lol:) You are ascribing a state of mind to GG, based on what exactly? That he found your comments sad and ironic(amusing)? At least my bet has a chance...

Next, this is why I don't go to these things: sooner or later I end up with the "never-was" guy. The "never was" guy pretends that golf is an athletic activity. It is not. Darts and pool = golf. However, the "never-was" guy likes to pretend that there's that elusive varsity letter waiting for him at the end of the 18, and not simply a beer and a few laughs. This is the same guy who will get on you about your slice(so I do it for the next 2 holes on purpose...or...I tell myself that), tell you he's thinking about playing the Senior Tour, and gets mad and won't talk to you for 3 holes, when he finds out you've played Pine Valley a few times..and couldn't care less.

There is no reasoning with this guy. That's because this is 100% about his pent up emotional asshattery. Better to simply pass. I'm a "has-been", proud of it, and done with it. The day they put pads/helmets on, and play defense in golf? That is the day that "never-was" guy can tell me about how awesome golf is. Until then? It's merely long range darts.

the guy that you describe is most apt to be the one that cheats the most, plays best ball in the group with the best ringer, posts 20 under and drunkenly and with faux modesty accepts his trophy in the luncheon afterward. current or ex jocks that can really play like the "real athletes" you describe are those most likely to complain when the organized cheating gets out of hand and winning becomes meaningless. i suspect it's much the same on message boards.

the guy that you describe is most apt to be the one that cheats the most, plays best ball in the group with the best ringer, posts 20 under and drunkenly and with faux modesty accepts his trophy in the luncheon afterward. current or ex jocks that can really play like the "real athletes" you describe are those most likely to complain when the organized cheating gets out of hand and winning becomes meaningless. i suspect it's much the same on message boards.

Dude.

You seem more bitter than overripe turnips.

Dude.

You seem more bitter than overripe turnips.

is it just progressives that got nauseous watching jerry jones' son in law wipe his glasses for him or were conservatives sickened, too? i think that would be a good topic for your game. Edited by birdog1960

is it just progressives that got nauseous watching jerry jones' son in law wipe his glasses for him or were conservatives sickened, too? i think that would be a good topic for your game.

It would be if I watched anything involving Jerry Jones. Ever.

How can I judge something I have never seen? Actually I think I could, but I still think the topic stinks.

I'm thinking about the topic of Who is the biggest chicken, Chickendog1960, 3rdnchicken or Same Old Chicken but there are 3 and that would mess with the pairings.

Edited by 4merper4mer

So the answer is no, you don't understand the point of charity golf tournament. Newsflash: no one gives a sh-- who wins a charity golf tournament. The point is to a) raise money for the charity and b) have fun. Apparently you aren't capable of doing either.

This whole laughable post just screams: *WAAH!!! We need to level the playing field!!!"

How can I judge something I have never seen. Actually I think I could, but I still think the topic stinks.

I'm thinking about the topic of Who is the biggest chicken, Chickendog1960, 3rdnchicken or Same Old Chicken but there are 3 and that would mess with the pairings.

Well, we all know who's the biggest hunk of meat. This guy.

So the answer is no, you don't understand the point of charity golf tournament. Newsflash: no one gives a sh-- who wins a charity golf tournament. The point is to a) raise money for the charity and b) have fun. Apparently you aren't capable of doing either.

This whole laughable post just screams: *WAAH!!! We need to level the playing field!!!"

no, i fully understand the point. it's to wipe peoples glasses while they pay their money for adulation and they then get to show everyone that'll listen that they're fine athletes and wonderful human beings. and i find it repulsive except when i don't cheat, clean my own glasses, still win and still donate. yeah, it happened. once.

How can I judge something I have never seen? Actually I think I could, but I still think the topic stinks.

You know, I used to sorta like you when you waxed colorful, but you are certainly acting like a big bore now. I didn't choose to join your tournament because frankly I prefer your humor to your judgement. There are certain posters here who I refuse to debate because I wouldn't want to lower myself to your level and there is no way I'm going to invest any more than a fart in their direction. You don't have the gravitas to get me to change my mind.

Crayola, if I sounded harsh, I meant it. Ya know, I could have really helped you out here on the judgement calls, most likely miles better than Paula Abdul, but I can understand that she has a better ass than I. Have you figured out yet who is more assalicious between KTF and that guy who used to "see" Sarah Palin's daughter?

no, i fully understand the point. it's to wipe peoples glasses while they pay their money for adulation and they then get to show everyone that'll listen that they're fine athletes and wonderful human beings. and i find it repulsive except when i don't cheat, clean my own glasses, still win and still donate. yeah, it happened. once.

In other words, your disdain for certain people gets in the way of a charity getting maximum donations. And somehow you think that your vindictive attitude towards fairness is making things better because it makes YOU feel better about yourself, while ignoring a more noble goal. No wonder you favor the politics of envy that embody income distribution. It's not about making things better, it's about you feeling better about yourself because you meted out justice against the bad ol rich guys.

Edited by GG

In other words, your disdain for certain people gets in the way of a charity getting maximum donations. And somehow you think that your vindictive attitude towards fairness is making things better because it makes YOU feel better about yourself, while ignoring a more noble goal. No wonder you favor the politics of envy that embody income distribution. It's not about making things better, it's about you feeling better about yourself because you meted out justice against the bad ol rich guys.

um, no. the way to make things better isn't to play in charity golf outings, silent auctions or horse shows (although, for a focused need they can provide a short term boost). it's to support candidates and issues like health care reform, living wage, gun control etc. now, if my local npr or pbs station had an outing, i'd be there with bells on but likely, the cheaters wouldn't be.

um, no. the way to make things better isn't to play in charity golf outings, silent auctions or horse shows (although, for a focused need they can provide a short term boost). it's to support candidates and issues like health care reform, living wage, gun control etc. now, if my local npr or pbs station had an outing, i'd be there with bells on but likely, the cheaters wouldn't be.

Pompous, partisan and an ass.

You know, I used to sorta like you when you waxed colorful, but you are certainly acting like a big bore now. I didn't choose to join your tournament because frankly I prefer your humor to your judgement. There are certain posters here who I refuse to debate because I wouldn't want to lower myself to your level and there is no way I'm going to invest any more than a fart in their direction. You don't have the gravitas to get me to change my mind.

You wouldn't lower yourself? I thought you are low as it got around here

Utter baloney, local public radio stations get most of their support from a handful big ticket donations. You know, from the people you constantly B word about. I bet you sleep well at night thinking that Marxism will catch one eventually, if not for those pesky capitalist kids and their dog.

Stop the presses! Did I just see a admittance PBS and NPR are left leaning? I thought they were totally non-biased?

The winner of the first match is LeviF91.

I thought both participants excelled at this game and regret pairing them against one another. If all of the matches are this good it will be interesting.

LeviF91 was declared the winner for taking the more aggressive stance in the war of words. keepthefaith put up an admirable fight but in my judgement he was more responsive to LeviF91 whereas LeviF91 took the battle to him.

I can't say that I am convinced either way whether the Redskins should change their name or not. Both sets of arguments were good. For keepthefaith there is a silver lining:

Due to his disgusting habit of ingesting cow sperm and his initial reluctance to be insulting , Jboyst62 has been eliminated from the competition. keepthefaith has inherited his first round entry and will be matched up against someone else later in the round. LeviF91 is moving on to the second round.

Don't get too cocky guys, there were several possible finishing moves that you both missed, but the overall effort was solid.

The next first round match up will be announced soon. I will leave the LeviF91 vs. keepthefaith thread up for 2 or 3 days for everyone's reading enjoyment.

Fine with me. Cows don't have sperm.

I appreciate the idea but don't see a point in insults or name calling. I respect everyone's opinion, even if I disagree. Good luck guys

I'm glad I eliminated you because you are too nice.

How the heck can cows not have sperm? Are they standing too close to the microwave?

Next round 1 matchup:

Rob's House vs. TGreg99

Topic: Which aspect of the scourge that is Hollywood has done more damage to our country in the last 30 years.....sex or violence? All aspects of entertainment are included in this debate: Movies, video games, pop music, rap music, pop culture, etc..

How the heck can cows not have sperm? Are they standing too close to the microwave?

Next round 1 matchup:

Rob's House vs. TGreg99

Topic: Which aspect of the scourge that is Hollywood has done more damage to our country in the last 30 years.....sex or violence? All aspects of entertainment are included in this debate: Movies, video games, pop music, rap music, pop culture, etc..

I am not nice. I am on the internet. No reason to play tough guy when it gets ya no where but thank you for the compliment.

I'll explain the cow/semen thing when you're older. I've been doing a lot of research in it recently. I will be getting a new herd sire in a few months.

In the new one, what role can the internet have as far as being the media?

Is YouTube media? Is Google search media? Is 4chan /b media?

I am not nice. I am on the internet. No reason to play tough guy when it gets ya no where but thank you for the compliment.

I'll explain the cow/semen thing when you're older. I've been doing a lot of research in it recently. I will be getting a new herd sire in a few months.

In the new one, what role can the internet have as far as being the media?

Is YouTube media? Is Google search media? Is 4chan /b media?

Anything influenced by Hollywood so they can claim Youtube if they can make the connection. Same with Google but I don't see any connection between Hollywood and some doofus Bills fans that want the old coach back. I mean give it up. Gailey was a good dude but he sucked.

Fine with me. Cows don't have sperm.

I appreciate the idea but don't see a point in insults or name calling. I respect everyone's opinion, even if I disagree. Good luck guys

Well, we all have disappointments in life but you've been fortunate enough to have seen the light then. Getting bounced prior to the starters pistol going off has to be a crushing blow. I applaud you for being such a gentleman and all around good sport. Really though---sperm is chewy? I too got a little surprise when that count under my screen name increased yesterday. Instead of the parody of DCTom (and his few words that has gotten him to 40,000 posts) when I called you names maybe I should have called you just a Wednesday instead. I just thought the whole thing was a garden party, but i've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone so you might as well just please yourself.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Well, we all have disappointments in life but you've been fortunate enough to have seen the light then. Getting bounced prior to the starters pistol going off has to be a crushing blow. I applaud you for being such a gentleman and all around good sport. Really though---sperm is chewy? I too got a little surprise when that count under my screen name increased yesterday. Instead of the parody of DCTom (and his few words that has gotten him to 40,000 posts) when I called you names maybe I should have called you just a Wednesday instead. I just thought the whole thing was a garden party, but i've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone so you might as well just please yourself.

so easy and you make it so hard, Just piss off Simon and you no longer exist.

so easy and you make it so hard, Just piss off Simon and you no longer exist.

Piss off Simon? I never said it was he who thought my object lesson to the OP who thought it could be a "gaffe" to pick EJ over Geno was misusing the word "gaffe". I merely pointed out to the OP what a "gaffe" was. Am I so wrong in knowing that the U.S. has 50 states rather than 57? Should I be punished for knowing that Hawaii is not a part of Asia? Maybe if I made a comment about "Nucular" being a gaffe I wouldn't have drawn such ire?

The question is, would John Stewart get a pass here?

What this amounts to is that I never make political comments other than in PPP. I even have another screen name over at Sabre Space so my political views don't cause a problem there with the panty waists who think the Sabres should all be tough guys and still be 40 goal scorers. Anyway, when I post on the main board I never insult or use any political language. The fact that I told the truth and didn't try to make it political and then got accused of making it political is bs. The president of the U.S. should know what continent the 50th state is included with and also know that we have 50 states, not 57. I used these examples of what consists of real gaffes. I think i know now why Garfunkle left him.

keepthefaith made one fatal mistake: he forgot who the judge was. Good luck in your re-try at round one, pal.

Levi, my friend, you need to step up your game. I thought you had him initially but was surprised not only with his responses but with his skill. You got lucky with this one and should be thankful that Crayola has a certain favoritism when it comes to insults. KTF is still hanging around and has learned his lesson. You just might see him again.

you got a warning for insulting me? Hahaha Hahaha. Hah

Next round 1 matchup:

Rob's House vs. TGreg99

I've been hanging around PPP lately because of this competition. I thought it was a great idea and hoped to be entertained for some time with it.

I was a little concerned that it was going to be judged by one individual.....but I can live with that.

I became put off a bit further when it became apparent that aggressive insults were going to be viewed as a positive rather than a negative....but as that would add an extra element of colour to the dialogue I was content with that also.

Then I saw the topic for the 2nd debate.

Which aspect of the scourge that is Hollywood has done more damage to our country in the last 30 years.....sex or violence?

The question of "Has Holywood sex and violence damaged the country?" would be a debatable topic. To question which one has caused more damage, when there is a questionable premise of whether either has actually done any damage makes it a non debatable topic. It would be a bit like asking if it is the QB or Coach that has had more of an influence on why the Cowboys are currently a great team.

Edited by Dibs

keepthefaith made one fatal mistake: he forgot who the judge was. Good luck in your re-try at round one, pal.

You may be right. The first post was mostly BS as I thought the judge might appreciate it but the winning formula is clearer now. Glad we had fun with that but my comment that you are a sitting duck in round two was a serious one. Only favoritism by the judge (again) will keep you alive. For the record, I think Snyder should fight these idiots to the very end and ride the wave of public support that should happen as these overly sensitive groups step up their attack.

Edited by keepthefaith