PPP Showdown

No kidding. I guess I forget where I am sometimes. They're very sensitive over "there". I guess I can understand with 13 plus years of craptastic football I'd be sensitive to someone pointing out how foolish I was spending my hard earned money supporting them.

I'd been away from here for a long time, and I was a bit shocked at the degree of rudeness with which people address eachother here nowadays. it didn't take me long to appreciate it, though....both for the humor of it as well as for the freedom to vent.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The field has been completed. We'll start Monday. All 16 must be prepared.

I will announce the topic either Sunday night or Monday along with the first two participants. If they agree on sides they want, fine. If not sides will be assigned by the judge. Me.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Birdog1960.....or for this contest Chickendog1960. Throw your insults around in here...not the individual argument threads. Why were you too Chicken to play?

Something about a doctor that can't follow simple instructions that is scary...very scary.

Something about a doctor that can't follow simple instructions that is scary...very scary.

Not following instructions is one thing. Being a chicken is another. You can get by in life either way. But both? A chicken that doesn't follow instructions? And chicken of a thread on a message board. Wow.

Edit: He took down his post so he is following instructions. Thanks Chickendog1960. I appreciate it.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Birdog1960.....or for this contest Chickendog1960. Throw your insults around in here...not the individual argument threads. Why were you too Chicken to play?

been occupied all day. taking a break to respond... so, is this the dumb and dumber school of "debate"? anecdotes and personal insults encouraged and an overtly partisan solitary judge and rule maker . brilliant !! for you, possibly. for everyone else it sucks. why would i or anyone else jump into a fight of trivial import knowing it was blatantly unfair? patriotism? honor? um, no. stupidity is the only reason imaginable. fun? i suppose for those that entered that's the justification but i like to win and don't like rigged games. i removed my post in the sacred game thread and will refrain from further posting there or here again unless provoked. hmmm, wonder how long that might take? Edited by birdog1960

been occupied all day. taking a break to respond... so, is this the dumb and dumber school of "debate"? anecdotes and personal insults encouraged and an overtly partisan solitary judge and rule maker . brilliant !! for you, possibly. for everyone else it sucks. why would i or anyone else jump into a fight of trivial import knowing it was blatantly unfair? patriotism? honor? um, no. stupidity is the only reason imaginable. fun? i suppose for those that entered that's the justification but i like to win and don't like rigged games. i removed my post in the sacred game thread and will refrain from further posting there or here again unless provoked. hmmm, wonder how long that might take?

Or to summarize: "Your grapes are sour!"

nope. i love debate, but that term implies well defined parameters. without those it's simple (often in every sense of the word) discourse which i'm happy to participate in. when a winner is to be chosen without rules in a game, it is simply pointless and stupid.

No he is just chicken. He is making up excuses because he thinks he would lose. I do appreciate him removing that post though. It was a nice gesture. Anyway, he called me partisan but I don't even know what that means. If it is something political it is wrong because I am not into politics. If it is a crack about my hair then he knows nothing about style. This contest will be judged fairly by the judge. Me.

To summarize: chicken.

Good retort by keepthefaith albeit with some iffy arguments. A nice shot lobbed at LeviF91 but a little mild if you ask me. Personally I find it hard to believe that Nantucket, Cheektowaga or Harrisburg could support an NFL franchise.

A good start by both but pwnage has not been achieved. Keep working guys. New arguments or rebuttals...whatever you prefer.

I am surprised neither of them mentioned a motivator to change it - money. If they rebrand themselves as the Washington Redstars then they can sell a ton of new merchandise.

Since Birdog wrongly hinted that I might actually be DCTom I've been just seething. That aside, go back and read Keepthefaith's response to levi and you'll see he addressed your suggestion. Do you have any reading comprehension whatsoever you idiot and !@#$ing moron?

Since Birdog wrongly hinted that I might actually be DCTom I've been just seething. That aside, go back and read Keepthefaith's response to levi and you'll see he addressed your suggestion. Do you have any reading comprehension whatsoever you idiot and !@#$ing moron?

ha

Ha

I miss tom. It doesn't ring the same when you do it. FWIW, I have a busy life and a lot of poo goes in my head so I don't retain errythang on PPP.

Good retort by keepthefaith albeit with some iffy arguments. A nice shot lobbed at LeviF91 but a little mild if you ask me. Personally I find it hard to believe that Nantucket, Cheektowaga or Harrisburg could support an NFL franchise.

A good start by both but pwnage has not been achieved. Keep working guys. New arguments or rebuttals...whatever you prefer.

Levi by a mile so far! I'll say Levi has the better side, but keepthefaith put forth a pretty lame argument, IMO

ha

Ha

I miss tom. It doesn't ring the same when you do it. FWIW, I have a busy life and a lot of poo goes in my head so I don't retain errythang on PPP.

Well of course it's not the same, I'm not that phucking pond scum who thinks arguing with Crocofschitboy is a fun pastime. Now go back to inseminating your cows, you backwoods hillbilly who thinks farting contests are the highlight of the week's entertainment.

Well of course it's not the same, I'm not that phucking pond scum who thinks arguing with Crocofschitboy is a fun pastime. Now go back to inseminating your cows, you backwoods hillbilly who thinks farting contests are the highlight of the week's entertainment.

female sperm (xy) are heavier then male cattle sperm (XX) because they have more chromosomes. They are also chewier, IMO.

To sex the semen they pass it thru a straw with a charge. Females are attracted to one side. Male another. Sperm not able to be charged are discarded and usually about 10% or less of the total collection.

The semen can also be cloned, as is being done in the dairy world.

female sperm (xy) are heavier then male cattle sperm (XX) because they have more chromosomes. They are also chewier, IMO.

To sex the semen they pass it thru a straw with a charge. Females are attracted to one side. Male another. Sperm not able to be charged are discarded and usually about 10% or less of the total collection.

The semen can also be cloned, as is being done in the dairy world.

for any kids out there, Female = XX and male = XY

Bravo to the spirited battle going on between KTF and Levi. This could go on for awhile before a winner is proclaimed. Is this too early to talk about different contestants sex changes? Should it even matter? I'm truly troubled by this.

I was curious if anyone would notice the switch.

Just wait until you get assigned to debate Crocofschitboy and have to defend male cow chewiness against female cow suckiness. You won't be happy if you get licked in this contest.

WOW. Nice work LeviF91. You came thisclose to putting away a victory. Your only mistake was doubling down on your opponents failed strategy of moving teams to small markets. Columbus? Really? Columbus at Harrisburg sounds like a ratings bonanza. Your defense of the name Levi was just ok and in the next paragraph you sounded like you were changing your own name. It took too long to mention Snyder. Other than these small imperfections you may have sealed the match. keepthefaith better have a real strong reply or this is over. Also, you don't have to wait your turn. Put him away now if you think that is a good strategy.

It seems weird for you to criticize Chickendog1960 when your name should be Chickennlong.

WOW. Nice work LeviF91. You came thisclose to putting away a victory. Your only mistake was doubling down on your opponents failed strategy of moving teams to small markets. Columbus? Really? Columbus at Harrisburg sounds like a ratings bonanza. Your defense of the name Levi was just ok and in the next paragraph you sounded like you were changing your own name. It took too long to mention Snyder. Other than these small imperfections you may have sealed the match. keepthefaith better have a real strong reply or this is over. Also, you don't have to wait your turn. Put him away now if you think that is a good strategy.

It seems weird for you to criticize Chickendog1960 when your name should be Chickennlong.

I tend to follow the old Confucius proverb: "Do not smite your foe when all he has is a dagger and you are blessed with a sword."

didn't hint at anything. i reported the results of a search. have you tried it? why would that occur? more to the point, it would never occur to me to post under multiple usernames and i'm not stating that you are. but if someone was doing that, what would be the point? that would be like cheating in a charity golf tournament (which i've witnessed many times - the ability to buy mulligans makes naming a winner almost as pointless as this showdown)). not only would it be stupid and unsatisfying but also embarrassing.

Edited by birdog1960

didn't hint at anything. i reported the results of a search. have you tried it? why would that occur? more to the point, it would never occur to me to post under multiple usernames and i'm not stating that you are. but if someone was doing that, what would be the point? that would be like cheating in a charity golf tournament (which i've witnessed many times - the ability to buy mulligans makes naming a winner almost as pointless as this showdown)). not only would it be stupid and unsatisfying but also embarrassing.

Too cheap to buy a mulligan for charity?

:rolleyes:

You really don't get sarcasm and humor, do you?

that would be like cheating in a charity golf tournament (which i've witnessed many times - the ability to buy mulligans makes naming a winner almost as pointless as this showdown)). not only would it be stupid and unsatisfying but also embarrassing.

I think someone missed the point of a charity golf tournament. :doh:

Too cheap to buy a mulligan for charity?

:rolleyes:

The top 1% should be forced to buy mulligans for everybody.

We saw this on the news this morning as a teaser. They said stay tuned to see what the store clerk pulls out that scares the robber away. I looked at my wife and said "a job application??"

Kind of sad & ironic at the same time.

No not really. The left doesn't get voluntary charity. They prefer their charity at the point of a tax return.

Kind of sad & ironic at the same time.

not at all. charge more for the entry fee and have a real tourney without mulligans or throws. or even better, donate money without needing to incur the expense of a golf tournament and play golf with your friends on your own. but don't gloat over a trophy won when somebody in your group uses a "throw" as a 2 yard step towards the hole with a drop in for a net hole in 1 on a par 3. i think it's a symptom of the inherent dishonesty in our society. perhaps you find winning this way satisfying. i don't.