Canfora on Byrd, Carrington, Parker: Is this new info?

l< j

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23910699/tension-mounting-with-injured-star-safety-jairus-byrd-bills

Citing anonymous sources, Canfora lets others imply that Byrd is Byrd-dogging (hey, I like that term), that Mario's toughness is questioned in the locker room, and that the Bills tried to lock up Carrington and got nowhere (who's his agent again?).

Not a fan of the anonymous source approach: Is it Whaley? A player? The waterboy? Some guy on a message board? But this looks like new info to think about.

kj

Byrd is definitely dogging-it. He admitted he played with it last year, but won't play this year until pain-free because he didn't get the long-term deal. As for Carrington, he lost a ton of money.

Well, you know what they say about a Byrd in the hand.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.cbssports...irus-byrd-bills

Citing anonymous sources, Canfora lets others imply that Byrd is Byrd-dogging (hey, I like that term), that Mario's toughness is questioned in the locker room, and that the Bills tried to lock up Carrington and got nowhere (who's his agent again?).

Not a fan of the anonymous source approach: Is it Whaley? A player? The waterboy? Some guy on a message board? But this looks like new info to think about.

kj

Doesn't sound new to me. Carrington just lost a ton of leverage, again showing the Double Edged Sword of Parker's "my way or the Highway" approach. The "Mario is soft" rumors were around all last season, but the fact is he did play much better after the wrist surgery, and presumably the surgery wasn't "all in his mind". The "Byrd is dogging it" rumors have been around since before the season, and the fact is, he is not in a strong negotiating position for a trade this year and will not be in a strong negotiating position next year if he doesn't play, and play well.

http://www.cbssports...irus-byrd-bills

kj

I believe he comes back at a time where he feels he can show his worth to the league while at the same time minimizing his chancess of getting hurt. Could he play now if he wanted to? It sure appears that way. No one can say for sure except him and maybe Eugene parker

Mario has missed how many games? Get real. He plays hurt, when he could have sat out.. Funny how when a guy is the # 1 pick and signs big contracts the exceptions go up 100 fold.

Byrd will come back at the end of the season to show case, the Bills should then say he looks awful and doesn't give them the best chance to win. F him

The team needs to call Byrd out, IMO. Bench him and have Marrone just call it like it is when asked about his progress... "Byrd is out. And right now I'm trying to get the players that have a heart and want to play ready to play. The others, well I don't have time for."

If true about Carrington, his agent could have just cost him a lot of money.

Anyone who didn't know Byrd is dodging this season... Well I gotta laugh. It was incredibly obvious.

Hurts his value though in my opinion. Stupid move.

Honestly, they should IR the ****** and let him sit on his ass. Doesnt deserve a roster spot. If he EVER does play, does anyone feel he will go "all out" to make a play if he;s not 100%.. He is just a pain in butt and we should just IR him and let him go to FA known as a whiny biatch which will net him less dough and we free up a roster spot

To the anonymous sources: these were a huge problem with the Jets and it was often hinted at that the person giving the anonymous information to media was Mike Pettine. Just sayin.

And Pettine has denied it was him and expressed amusement that the "leaks" on the Jets have continued after he left. Just sayin'

I really don't see "leaks" in the article linked above. It all sounds like Yesterday's Newspaper to me.