Visiting from the Bahamas

Bahamian Bill

Hi devoted Bills fan from the Bahamas. My girlfriend decided to give me the ultimate birthday gift with tickets to a Bills game. We will be arriving in Buffalo on Friday to watch us take on the Ravens. Seeing that it is both of our first time we are looking for the ultimate Buffalo experience. We want to take in the sights and sounds of the town and we will be going to Grover's to take on the burgers. Maybe we can hook up with some natives. Any suggestions

Hi devoted Bills fan from the Bahamas. My girlfriend decided to give me the ultimate birthday gift with tickets to a Bills game. We will be arriving in Buffalo on Friday to watch us take on the Ravens. Seeing that it is both of our first time we are looking for the ultimate Buffalo experience. We want to take in the sights and sounds of the town and we will be going to Grover's to take on the burgers. Maybe we can hook up with some natives. Any suggestions

Pics??? Just kidding....welcome Bill.

Things you will want to check out if first time to area:

Pre-Game Day: Niagara Falls (obvious); Duff's wings in Amherst; Chippewa Street Downtown; and I've never been but I hear the art museum is actually quite nice.

Gameday: arrive at stadium early. You will want to dress in layers, as it will be cold, esp. for you in the AM, and then get warmer during the day. If you are staying over-night Sunday, park in one of the good tailgate lots and take in all the pre-game festivities. Walk around the Stadium lots, go to the Clubhouse, see it all! Then, lose your voice cheering at the game. And stay the whole time, I only make a few games a year and seeing the game live is much better than on TV. Enjoy it. It really is the best game-day atmosphere in the NFL (or very close to it).

@Rafter- It's my first time for both.

Thanks Ryan for the info. Heard about the bruiser at Grover's so that's first priority and I heard about Anchor bar as well. She planned for us to go on a Niagara Falls tour on Monday. Trust me I'm excited like a kid in a candy store!!! Where can I get good Bills apparel from? All I have now is a hat so we need some stuff to wear to the game.

bmur66 I'm from Nassau my name is Trevere actually not Bill.

Thanks guys!!!

Things you will want to check out if first time to area:

Pre-Game Day: Niagara Falls (obvious); Duff's wings in Amherst; Chippewa Street Downtown; and I've never been but I hear the art museum is actually quite nice.

Gameday: arrive at stadium early. You will want to dress in layers, as it will be cold, esp. for you in the AM, and then get warmer during the day. If you are staying over-night Sunday, park in one of the good tailgate lots and take in all the pre-game festivities. Walk around the Stadium lots, go to the Clubhouse, see it all! Then, lose your voice cheering at the game. And stay the whole time, I only make a few games a year and seeing the game live is much better than on TV. Enjoy it. It really is the best game-day atmosphere in the NFL (or very close to it).

I wouldn't necessarily presume that this dude is the Chippewa type. I would say Elmwood is a much safer bet unless he's 19, has a fake ID, goes to Community College, has a chinstrap beard, wears an Italian horn necklace, a leather jacket and is looking for a fight.

I am a native. About an hour and 20 mins away from the Stadium. We consider 70's to be nice around here this time of year. Thats probably cold for you. You won't find any Kalik's around here either. I go to a relatives place in Eluethera. Usually have a layover in Nassau

I am a native. About an hour and 20 mins away from the Stadium. We consider 70's to be nice around here this time of year. Thats probably cold for you. You won't find any Kalik's around here either. I go to a relatives place in Eluethera. Usually have a layover in Nassau

I spent a week on Eleuthera in August, it was amazing. Kaliks and conche salad. I guess the Buffalo equivalent would be Labatts and chicken wings.

@Rafter- It's my first time for both.

Thanks Ryan for the info. Heard about the bruiser at Grover's so that's first priority and I heard about Anchor bar as well. She planned for us to go on a Niagara Falls tour on Monday. Trust me I'm excited like a kid in a candy store!!! Where can I get good Bills apparel from? All I have now is a hat so we need some stuff to wear to the game.

bmur66 I'm from Nassau my name is Trevere actually not Bill.

Thanks guys!!!

How is it that you are a Bills fan?

One of you guys that lives in WNY needs to tell him where to go to have good beef on weck. You can't get a good one of those outside of WNY.

We get in on Friday are you a native. In NY right now the weather was a shocker when we arrived seeing that it was in the 90s when we left home. Maybe next time when you decide to come to town you can hit me up

The weather here is beautiful right now. This is about as nice as it gets for this time of year. Low 70's light wind, partly sunny skies. The weather should be great for the game too. Highs in the low 70's but it will be cool in the morning, probably in the 50's but it will be perfect for cracking that first beer at 7 in the morning. BTW, if you think it is cold here now, you should come in January. LOL

I wouldn't necessarily presume that this dude is the Chippewa type. I would say Elmwood is a much safer bet unless he's 19, has a fake ID, goes to Community College, has a chinstrap beard, wears an Italian horn necklace, a leather jacket and is looking for a fight.

Thank you! I have been trying to accurately describe Chippewa Street for years to my friends here in Atlanta!