[closed]Re: Byrd

JTO

Is it me or does anybody here suspect that Byrd may be milking it in order to prevent a major injury on a contract year?

I'd say we trade him for a player of need or draft picks. Let me know what you think.

Edited by JTO

With the deficiency of available good Guards in Free Agency does anyone know if Nick Provo can make the switch and play Guard? Quite honestly, I'd rather have a TE convert to G then a FB.

Provo stands at 6-4 and weighs 249 lbs.

At his current height and weight I would imagine him getting bull rushed into the backfield every play.

I see no earthly way Provo could play guard. He's too small, and can't block worth a damn. -Even for a TE.

One thing Nick Provo CAN do is CATCH! He was a very reliable Target for one Ryan Nassib at the 'cuse. He's also a decent route runner (which he doesn't get much credit for.)

I'd give everything in my wallet (including credit cards) that he's a better receiver than TJ Graham. -So was Brandon Kaufmann, btw...

Bottom line: Nick Provo is worth bringing back just for his maturity, and reliable hands... Don't understand how Hackett can't see talent in a kid he coached himself.

Quite honestly, I'd rather have a TE convert to G then a FB.

Provo stands at 6-4 and weighs 249 lbs.

I don't quite understand. You want a TE converted to G.....then a FB converted to G. Does the order of conversion matter or do we just stick with the converted TE if he pans out and not bother converting the FB?

Edited by Dibs

At his current height and weight I would imagine him getting bull rushed into the backfield every play.

Isn't that what's happening to Collin Brown now? In any case, it was a bad idea to begin with. Theres a 100 lb difference between a G and a TE.

I don't quite understand. You want a TE converted to G.....then a FB converted to G. Does the order of conversion matter or do we just stick with the converted TE if he pans out and not bother converting the FB?

NM

Edited by JTO

Given the amount of insight and thought contained in the OP, it's got to be the ladder. :ph34r: