Bucs bench Josh Freeman

YoloinOhio

I dont understand how Freeman went into this doghouse... He is NOT a bad QB at all. Have u guys watched TB in past few yrs? Coming into to last yr he was very solidly entrenched as franchise QB and was having a very good yr and then the whole team sucked at end. Which is more cuz of Schiano being a moron and he is makes Gailey look like a quality HC. This yr, he drove them to GW drive in week 1 only to have Lavonte David cost them the game with stupid personal foul to put Jets in FG range.

Drove them down to take lead in 4th vs Saints team that everyone thought would be a blowout only to have Brees run a perfect last drive of game to milk all the clock and set kicker up for easy GW FG.

TB has a lot of solid pieces in place and putting Glennon in WILL NOT HELP. HC is one who needs to go, not Freeman. This is a team with a very good D, a top flight young RB and Vincent Jackson got his big pay day and has played like mid tier #1 WR. (Better than SJ13 even tho SJ is actually a friend of mine, not just my fav player). And Mike Williams is a very solid #2 and both are big and physical . The scheme on O is beyond vanilla and I for one would LOVE if we get to play them with Glennon. I'd even pick up Bills D in fantasy for that game cuz he;s statue in pocket and will get sacked 4+ times a game on avg and may throw for some decent yards (in garbage time) he will overthrow easy crossing routes over middle which will be a field day for safeties and hopefully Byrd is playing and healthy by then cuz that could be the game that he can put up big #'s stats wise for a Safety and he will be awful at slants too. Only thing Glennon does well is his has a cannon for an arm and can strretch field on deep balls and they have one of best WR in NFL for the deep in VJAX who is not only fast, he's huge and a mismatch on jump balls for 90% of DB's. Only thing, Glennon will probably over throw the deep balls as badly as Cam did vs us. He may have hit that 1 to Ginn which was on every quick game recap but they didnt show how many times he WELL OVERTHREW either Ginn or Smith and i think even Lafell got deep on a play and DB;s were beaten by a few yards on almost all deep balls in that game. We were lucky to win that 1 and when coaches went through tape i dont understand how they didnt realize even Jets moronic coaching would see Rogers getting TOASTED by Ginn play after play on tape. Didnt show in stats cuz only 1 was caught but the guy was beaten time after time and Geno had to be licking his chops.

On Geno's 1st TD to Hill he had HEAVY pressure up middle from Kyle and had to RUSH the throw and on top on it throw of his back foot and still Rogers couldnt make play on ball that was thrown earlier than intended and without being able to step into it. Give Geno credit on that 1 too, cuz considering the pressure, he did STILL get the ball on the money and gave his WR a chance to make a play.

Geno doesn't need to watch film of opposing DBs. He already knew Rogers sucked.

I agree that Geno made two very nice throws on the TDs. But still think Rogers had an assist.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of this. I remember last offseason, Freeman went glutten free and lost 25 lbs. That sounds like a guy who is pretty serious.

Saw what you want about the Marrone hire but DM has worked with great Qbs (Brees) and had a very average talent (Nassib) get drafted. Waht has Schiano ever done with a QB?

freeman has also had his thumb injury from playing with guns during the season, missed meetings and such....

hes not without flaws or question marks but either but hes definitely shown some flashes of what it takes. unfortunately, a lot of guys that never make it could have the same said about them. i didnt like him coming out, then he really impressed me a few times and i am curious to see what his future holds.

Edited by NoSaint

I agree that Geno made two very nice throws on the TDs. But still think Rogers had an assist.

Yup, give him credit for the throws. But Rogers is simply not good enough. He got beat all the time against the Panthers, luckily Newton just missed on a few throws. A healthy Gilmore and McKelvin completely changes that game.

generally i agree, but will say it almost sounds like you are giving schiano some credit or benefit of the doubt that im not sure he deserves either. i think the finger points at both, not one or the other in this case.

When you bring a Schiano type coach to the franchise you get what you get. He is a hard nosed control freak who prefers black and white colors over blended colors. If you hire a task master you get a task master. Sometimes it isn't an issue of right or wrong as much as it is the particular fit.

Peyton Manning is not going to work well with a Schiano type coach because he is his own coach on the field. He is running the show. That is not going to work with a micro-manager type coach who has this compulsion to manage everything.

You asked if I am giving Schiano the benefit of the doubt. The answer is yes. When there is a change in management the employee has to adjust. Some people can make the adjustment and some can't. If Freeman can't work well in with that more demanding style of coaching then it is better that he moves on becausing Schiano is not likely to change. It isn't a question of who is right or wrong; it is a question of is this player suitable for this more pressurized environment. Evidently it isn't for Freeman. Sometimes being too cool isn't a good thing when your coach preferes someone who is more hot. It's about the fit.

When you bring a Schiano type coach to the franchise you get what you get. He is a hard nosed control freak who prefers black and white colors over blended colors. If you hire a task master you get a task master. Sometimes it isn't an issue of right or wrong as much as it is the particular fit.

Peyton Manning is not going to work well with a Schiano type coach because he is his own coach on the field. He is running the show. That is not going to work with a micro-manager type coach who has this compulsion to manage everything.

You asked if I am giving Schiano the benefit of the doubt. The answer is yes. When there is a change in management the employee has to adjust. Some people can make the adjustment and some can't. If Freeman can't work well in with that more demanding style of coaching then it is better that he moves on becausing Schiano is not likely to change. It isn't a question of who is right or wrong; it is a question of is this player suitable for this more pressurized environment. Evidently it isn't for Freeman. Sometimes being too cool isn't a good thing when your coach preferes someone who is more hot. It's about the fit.

Why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt? Between him and Freeman, only Freeman has actually had success at the NFL level.

Given that Freeman is a quarterback with some talent, it just seems both like bad asset management and a poorly considered hire to go with a guy like Schiano so soon after having drafted Freeman. QBs with first round talent are usually going to be the cornerstone of a rebuilding plan, and following Freeman's drafting with the hire of Schiano suggests a rudderless ship.

I agree with all of this. I remember last offseason, Freeman went glutten free and lost 25 lbs. That sounds like a guy who is pretty serious.

Saw what you want about the Marrone hire but DM has worked with great Qbs (Brees) and had a very average talent (Nassib) get drafted. Waht has Schiano ever done with a QB?

Yup. I think Freeman is a starter. There's a LOT of crappy QBs in the league right now. I hope it ends well for him.

Amazing Bills fans ALWAYS want other teams left overs

I don't understand how it's so crazy to want a guy with starter's numbers as a backup.

Freeman would do well to end up somewhere like the Vikes. He would be an immediate upgrade over Ponder and might be able to do something with the running game that they have.

I don't understand how it's so crazy to want a guy with starter's numbers as a backup.

Freeman would do well to end up somewhere like the Vikes. He would be an immediate upgrade over Ponder and might be able to do something with the running game that they have.

Yea b.c tell me how it won't quickly turn into a distraction of people wanting him to start. Yep that NEVER happens. You already had to explain it once in this thread alone.

Bucs already have Mark Barron and Dashon Goldson at Safety, so they have zero need for Byrd, There's no deal to be made here.

I know. Mostly, it's crazy.

Yea b.c tell me how it won't quickly turn into a distraction of people wanting him to start. Yep that NEVER happens. You already had to explain it once in this thread alone.

Oh, I'm sure it would.

My quibble is more with the idea that he is "someone else's garbage." To me, he can be a viable NFL starter, still.

There are good reasons not to really want him on the Bills, though if he were 5 years older and not still seeking a starter's role, he'd probably be ideal.

The guy shows zero leadership qualities, and even as a backup you need them to be ready to lead. When you get your captain status taken away as a QB shows you're no longer getting better but instead are going backwards.

Or, as I've suggested, that your coach is a tool and might not make it for very long. We'll see.

Why would anyone want Freeman? And Glennon isn't going to be any good. By the time the Bills play them, Gilmore, Byrd, McK and Brooks should be back.

Smith tossed up some prayers and his WR's made some great catches. With McKelvin in there the game is a lot different, nevermnd Gilmore, Byrd, and Brooks, who should be there for the next go-around.

Or, as I've suggested, that your coach is a tool and might not make it for very long. We'll see.

I'm subscribing to the coach being a tool theory. He's proven that time and time again. The team that ends up with Freeman will win in this deal.

Why are you giving him the benefit of the doubt? Between him and Freeman, only Freeman has actually had success at the NFL level.

I'm not a Schiano fan. I like strong HCs but I don't like rigid coaches. My sense is that Schiano falls into that latter category. New HCs are hired and fired all the time. There is nothing novel with that scenario. The inherited players have little say as to who their new HC is going to be. A change in the environment and systems are part of the business. Clearly there is a bad vibe between the coach and the qb. One radio report I heard today was that Freeman's agent asked the organization to trade him this offseason. The drafting of Glennon was a sign that Freeman's status as the franchise qb was tenuous at best.

When the captaincy of a player is taken away it is a clear sign that the player through his actions and attitude is not showing much leadership Dealing with a task master and micro managing boss can be very exasperating for any employee. Tough! Sometimes when people get thrust into difficult situations that is the best time to make a judgment on that person. When you miss meetings and through your behavior and attitude express the sentiment that you don't want to be there then that is the right time for people in authority to make a change.