no-one signed on monday

zazie

Agreed. I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt for now, but I think there has to be contingency plans in place for some of these scrubs, particularly Rogers and Brown. If they continue to see action (for whatever reason, injury, whatever) and continue to be major reasons for games to be lost / progress not made, that is just unacceptable to me.

Sounds like Johnny Appleseed and Brandon Burton may see the field this week, according to WGR. Not sure if they will start.

I suspect part of the 'solution' might be putting A. Williams back to corner while McKelvin and Gilmore mend which assumes Bryd is ready or Leonard goes to starter at FS. Williams at corner might be a marginal improvement. That certainly is not going to strike fear into the Ravens passing game on Sunday. Expect more of the same but this time from a SuperBowl winning QB and a veteran team.

If the Bills were serious about the secondary they would have brought in a veteran back up when Gilmore went down in the preseason or looked at possible late cuts to fill out the secondary rather than keeping guys that from regular season game action can't cover #1 and #2 NFL receivers. Anybody they brought in then would be up to speed by now so that wouldn't be an issue.

a one-legged Trufant would have fared better that Rogers last weekend

Trufant, Sheldon Brown or Clements is an upgrade. Hell, even a healthy McGee is an upgrade...screw scheme..at some point not being able to cover anyone trumps their knowledge of the scheme

What you have to understand is that theres only so many guys a team can have on its roster. In order to sign a guy, someone has to go on IR which takes them out for the season, or released to open a spot.

I know, I know, just cut Rogers, he sucks/is the worst CB to ever play football/etc. but you are removing a player from a seriously depleted at the moment position who atleast knows the playbook to replace them with someone who hasn't played yet (street FA) this year and doesn't know the plays. How much better will that really be?

unless your willing to say bye-bye to mcKelvin, Brooks, or Gilmore for the year, I don't think theres much room to sign someone right now

What you have to understand is that theres only so many guys a team can have on its roster. In order to sign a guy, someone has to go on IR which takes them out for the season, or released to open a spot.

I know, I know, just cut Rogers, he sucks/is the worst CB to ever play football/etc. but you are removing a player from a seriously depleted at the moment position who atleast knows the playbook to replace them with someone who hasn't played yet (street FA) this year and doesn't know the plays. How much better will that really be?

unless your willing to say bye-bye to mcKelvin, Brooks, or Gilmore for the year, I don't think theres much room to sign someone right now

Good point, I think they are biding their time since Gilmore is due back soon and McLovin may not be out for long, if at all. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I think that the corner position is unique in the sense that players who have played it in the NFL have the fundamental understanding of the position and its nuances. And no matter what "scheme" a team employs, a CB can be signed and told, in essence, "just cover 81 or 85" and you leave it at that. In the case of Rogers, it's clear he's not up to it. Sign a Trufant, tell him to cover Torrey Smith, and adjust that rest of your secondary accordingly. It's not rocket science.

As far a roster spots- simple: cut Rogers, Johnny Appleseed, Branton Brunden (or whatever their names are) and TJ Graham (he's as useless as teats on a bull anyways!). Then sign three veteran corners (like a Trufant, Sheldon Brown, or McGee). Again, not rocket science.

I think that the corner position is unique in the sense that players who have played it in the NFL have the fundamental understanding of the position and its nuances. And no matter what "scheme" a team employs, a CB can be signed and told, in essence, "just cover 81 or 85" and you leave it at that. In the case of Rogers, it's clear he's not up to it. Sign a Trufant, tell him to cover Torrey Smith, and adjust that rest of your secondary accordingly. It's not rocket science.

As far a roster spots- simple: cut Rogers, Johnny Appleseed, Branton Brunden (or whatever their names are) and TJ Graham (he's as useless as teats on a bull anyways!). Then sign three veteran corners (like a Trufant, Sheldon Brown, or McGee). Again, not rocket science.

Lions need a WR since Nate Burleson broke his arm last night... he wasn't great but he was their leading WR. Maybe they would trade something for Graham.

Agreed. I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt for now, but I think there has to be contingency plans in place for some of these scrubs, particularly Rogers and Brown. If they continue to see action (for whatever reason, injury, whatever) and continue to be major reasons for games to be lost / progress not made, that is just unacceptable to me.

This FO deserves nobody's "benefit of the doubt" --- earn a playoff berth once a decade first

This FO deserves nobody's "benefit of the doubt" --- earn a playoff berth once a decade first

Ralph and every single one of his stooges can :censored: off, that hasn't changed.... but I'll give Whaley, Marrone + co. a little longer than just 3 games.

We all knew the depth at the CB position going into the season was poor. Same with guard. The injuries to Gilmore and Brooks confirm the lack of depth at CB. Even with a healthy group of CBs, the Bills should have picked up another veteran CB before training camp. There was a large pool of available free agents at CB and the Bills had the money. There really is no excuse for this or thinking that Brown would be serviceable at guard. I understand playing your young guys, but only if they have the potential to develop. I don't think that Brown, Rogers, Robey or Burton fit in this category.

We all knew the depth at the CB position going into the season was poor. Same with guard. The injuries to Gilmore and Brooks confirm the lack of depth at CB. Even with a healthy group of CBs, the Bills should have picked up another veteran CB before training camp. There was a large pool of available free agents at CB and the Bills had the money. There really is no excuse for this or thinking that Brown would be serviceable at guard. I understand playing your young guys, but only if they have the potential to develop. I don't think that Brown, Rogers, Robey or Burton fit in this category.

Robey appears to be a decent player actually

We signed no one? Or nobody was signed?

We need help at CB But how much can we Invest at cb. If we go sign some street FA for $1.5mm whose tires are bald and tank is empty is that really the way we need to build our team?

You're so right! going without CB help is better because... um... er... uh...