Grand Theft Auto IV Sold 13 Million Units...

ajzepp

That was how I first became so interested...I happened to be on JustinTV watching a Bills game, and I saw some people broadcasting their game play of GTA IV....this was back in 2009, IIRC. The things people were doing were just incredible to me. There was this one group of retired cops who set up their own game within a game. They used the free roam multiplayer and their own knowledge of law enforcement (e.g. using authentic dispatch codes, following protocols, etc) to effectively create a "cops and robbers" simulation. It was really creative and clever. Then you'd have others who would just run around in groups trying to blow each other up, race through the city, stuff like that. I'd just never seen anything like it. To think that GTA V is bigger than GTA IV and Red Dead Redmption combined, in terms of the map, I can't wait to see what people do.

There are also all sorts of stunts inherent in the game, so it's fun to find those and to use different vehicles and such.

Really?? You must have been on a Playstation? I know the Xbox multiplayer was much more involved, at least initially...I think the PSN was behind Xbox Live in terms of online play. If you were on xbox, that really surprises me...I guess it just goes to show how far removed I was from the current gaming landscape, cause I was blown away by it.

I played Red Dead a LOT in multiplayer, so I wasn't particularly impressed. THIS game, however, could be HUGE!

Edited by BmoreBills

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Red Dead a LOT in multiplayer, so I wasn't particularly impressed. THIS game, however, could be HUGE!

I agree, the potential is there for this to be an incredible online experience...I cant wait to see it!

I've got a PS3. Not the first model but 2nd I think and don't have any issues.

Anyone have any ideas how many people can play in the same group on the multiplayer mode?

Anyone have any details to it at all? I wider if you can buy your own homes, cars, personalize everything?

Jeezus, you guys are making me want to go and get this game. I hardly play my Xbox anymore, but this does sound fun.

i can only imagine what it's going to be like in the free roam update that's gonna happen in a little bit when you can play co-OP with friends.

As of right now, the gameplay is amazing Bruce amount of detail in the fan is unreal. How many different vehicles that are available are unbelievable. The strippers give great lap dances too. And if your good, you can take a stripper home. I've been sleeping with one now and she keeps texting me half naked pics.

If that doesn't make you want to get the game, then your a better man than me.

This game freezes about every 10-15 mins. Not impressed. Wasted $60 bucks. Went on the Rockstar website and lots of complaints about the game locking up.

Have about eight hours in and am having no problems. In fact, I haven't even thought about bugs since I started playing. It's kind of like O-line play, you only notice it when something goes wrong. I normally install games to my 360 hard drive, but Rockstar recommends not installing the play disk. The downside is that my 360's disc drive sounds like a jet taking off. I read about a workaround where you can install the play disk to a USB drive and was thinking about trying that out.

I agree, the potential is there for this to be an incredible online experience...I cant wait to see it!

I've never been able to get into multi-player, but based on my experience with single player so far and reading about the features of GTA online, I'm definitely going to try it.

i can only imagine what it's going to be like in the free roam update that's gonna happen in a little bit when you can play co-OP with friends.

As of right now, the gameplay is amazing Bruce amount of detail in the fan is unreal. How many different vehicles that are available are unbelievable. The strippers give great lap dances too. And if your good, you can take a stripper home. I've been sleeping with one now and she keeps texting me half naked pics.

If that doesn't make you want to get the game, then your a better man than me.

You can take the strippers home??? I've been to the strip club twice. The first time I got thrown out for touching, but the second time I was more discreet and ended up getting a two for one dance. I think I'll need to try again.

Are the lag issues related to the increased memory requirements of the game? I heard that a current spec flash drive is recommended unless you have the newer/newest console with the larger hard drive?

Can you guys suggest which xbox for me to buy when I get the game? I sold mine last year, but it was just the arcade version anyway. What's the newest/best one to pick up?

I can't believe how good the streams are on twitch.tv....stunning looking

You can take the strippers home??? I've been to the strip club twice. The first time I got thrown out for touching, but the second time I was more discreet and ended up getting a two for one dance. I think I'll need to try again.

You have to keep at it until the bar is full.

Are the lag issues related to the increased memory requirements of the game? I heard that a current spec flash drive is recommended unless you have the newer/newest console with the larger hard drive?

Can you guys suggest which xbox for me to buy when I get the game? I sold mine last year, but it was just the arcade version anyway. What's the newest/best one to pick up?

I can't believe how good the streams are on twitch.tv....stunning looking

My Xbox is at least four years old. The 20g hard drive is even older and everything is running fine. The only thing you definitely need is 8g of hard drive space for the install disc. I believe that means you need the model with the 20g hard drive as they only make a 4g below that. I saw some refurbished ones for like $200. I think they run $249 new. Not sure. If you go used, make sure it has the HDMI connection because why would you run this beautiful game and not use an HDMI connection.

You have to keep at it until the bar is full.

Kind of like a real strip club.

Here's a hint for those that are experiencing lagging/glitch issues and for the same people wondering what console to buy. Get a PS3. Lol.

Yeah, I took a stripper home. Had to work the "like" bar all the way up. Instead of asking if I wanted another dance she made a comment about how Horny I was making her and asked if I wanted to take her home. Met her out back and took her back to HER PLACE. She gave me her number and leaves me text messages from time to time. Got one that was her topless and another that was a full body in lingerie. She is in love with Franklin. Days he is everything she ever wanted. Lol. I think I'll sleep around with her for a while.

Took me a while to find some hookers, but when I did, it never disappoints. Had some fun, beat her up and took my money back. In the end, I shot her in the head as she Lay on the ground.

It's a sick game. I know. But I love it.

Here's a hint for those that are experiencing lagging/glitch issues and for the same people wondering what console to buy. Get a PS3. Lol.

Yeah, I took a stripper home. Had to work the "like" bar all the way up. Instead of asking if I wanted another dance she made a comment about how Horny I was making her and asked if I wanted to take her home. Met her out back and took her back to HER PLACE. She gave me her number and leaves me text messages from time to time. Got one that was her topless and another that was a full body in lingerie. She is in love with Franklin. Days he is everything she ever wanted. Lol. I think I'll sleep around with her for a while.

Took me a while to find some hookers, but when I did, it never disappoints. Had some fun, beat her up and took my money back. In the end, I shot her in the head as she Lay on the ground.

It's a sick game. I know. But I love it.

Wow, you guys need to get a life. And that's coming from a guy who spends way too much time here. :D

I would like to do that, actually, but too many of my friends are on xbox live and not PSN.