How soon can they extend Pettine?

Ludwig van

This should be tops on Russ Brandon's to-do list.

Signing Eric Wood is a promising signal , i only hope we can lock Pettine down for three years or so....

I don't think that's how it works.

I always thought that assistant coaches are kind of at will/at the pleasure of the head coach?

Not the issue, the real question is how long will we have him before he is snapped up to be a head coach somewhere else?

Look no further than the quote from Rex Ryan today "It won't be long and he'll get his own opportunity to be a head coach"

What we really need to be hoping is that Pettine's eventual replacement is already on the Bills' staff, soaking it all in.

Provided he continues to develop what he has started here on defense, I think we have Pettine for two years, then he'll get his shot.

What we really need to be hoping is that Pettine's eventual replacement is already on the Bills' staff, soaking it all in.

Provided he continues to develop what he has started here on defense, I think we have Pettine for two years, then he'll get his shot.

My thoughts exactly. I'd hate to have to swich up defenses yet again if (when) Pettine gets his HC shot.

Yup. Convincing myself that this is the case has assuaged my fears about him leaving.

But here's a legit question: does he want to be a HC?

Edited by The Big Cat

there are a few other DCs that have been rumored to be on the next HC candidate list for a while. id think they might get that nod long before pet tine does(i hope) mike zimmer is the big name that comes to mind. also mike nolan i think deserves another shot and than there is jack del rio. either way i hope he stays with us for a few years and turns this D into a really great one. maybe when hes getting a HC nod finally rex will need a DC job and we can get rexy. id be stoked on that

Not the issue, the real question is how long will we have him before he is snapped up to be a head coach somewhere else?

Look no further than the quote from Rex Ryan today "It won't be long and he'll get his own opportunity to be a head coach"

Maybe the jets will be one of the suitors?

The last play of the game, blitzing Alonzo is such a confidence call. The balls to bring 5 with a rookie LB is risky but it shows how much he believes in his guys.

A whole new type of prevent. Prevent them from throwing!

Why is everything sex for me. Why. Somebody help me, please?

Are you an extremely attractive woman?

there are a few other DCs that have been rumored to be on the next HC candidate list for a while. id think they might get that nod long before pet tine does(i hope) mike zimmer is the big name that comes to mind. also mike nolan i think deserves another shot and than there is jack del rio. either way i hope he stays with us for a few years and turns this D into a really great one. maybe when hes getting a HC nod finally rex will need a DC job and we can get rexy. id be stoked on that

I hate Mike Zimmer. He gives me that weirdo vibe.

Maybe the jets will be one of the suitors?

A whole new type of prevent. Prevent them from throwing!

Are you an extremely attractive woman? Maybe

Fixed. Not that kind of help. I was talking about counseling. And I was joking.

Im a regular dude.

+1 BINGO Exactly etc....