What is driving the endless Tebow media shilling?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but Ray Lewis has many, many people who dislike him, more often than not for the same reasons that they dislike Tebow. And both get beneficial coverage from ESPN etc.

Tebow may have been part of a group of people that killed other people and helped cover it up?

I have never heard anyone say they disliked Saint Ray for being religious, I have heard many say that they dislike him because he may have been part of a murder though and they find it ironic that he is now a bible thumper

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--the-case-for-tim-tebow-as-jaguars-qb-005647929.html

I have to know, what is driving the media to find Timmy Tebow a job? Has there ever been a player that has received the same treatment? Has there ever been a "Where Aaron Maybin Would Fit" article? My mind is boggling over this. How many teams does Tebow need to be cut from before the press gives it a rest?

PTR

id say if you really didnt want to hear about it anymore you should stop linking stories about it on the board. the ratings numbers, even after he stopped being relevant, for anything with the name "tebow" in it spikes higher than stories about the playoffs in other leagues, and even decent players in the nfl.

hes got a lot of people that click because they love him, and then they have you who hates him and drives a whole message board of traffic to their article (and all 32 teams boards are talking about him to some degree).

I have never heard anyone say they disliked Saint Ray for being religious

Interesting. This isn't my argument, but I often hear a lot of people criticize Ray for this - although I'll clarify that it's not his being religious, but his fundamentalist approach and constant mention of his faith. Certainly there are those who also dislike him due to perceived irony as well, there's no doubt about it.

It's kind of like winning $10 if you come in dead last in the office pool. Even being the absolute worst at what you do gets you something.

Christian, here.

This guy is about as genuine as a Gucci watch being sold by a NYC street vendor. He is a media whore. He is an attention whore. All of his goals are individual goals; not team goals. He "prays" when he knows the camera is on him. And before you come back with the, "well the camera was always on him," story, consider this: it's possible to pray without anyone knowing you're praying. If he really wanted it to be between him and God, he'd do that.

Attention whore. 100%. And I, personally, am ecstatic that every team in the NFL caught on to his crap.

Quick question, Gug. Is he always praying on camera? When he's on the sidelines of big Gators games, is he praying? When the camera cuts to him when the defense is on the field, or when he's holding the clipboard, or when Sanchise throws another pick-six, is he praying? He's not.

You say you're religious. If every game, you made a habit of praying for all the player's safety before the game, would you stop because the media focuses on it? Would you be ashamed for everyone to see it? Would you be afraid people would hate you for it? That's pretty un-Christian like.

Keep in mind, Tebow comes from an Evangelical faith. Which, if I understand correctly, heavily emphasizes on preaching to the masses and trying to convert others. That's his faith. He's not gonna stop because the cameras are on him.

Quick question, Gug. Is he always praying on camera? When he's on the sidelines of big Gators games, is he praying? When the camera cuts to him when the defense is on the field, or when he's holding the clipboard, or when Sanchise throws another pick-six, is he praying? He's not.

You say you're religious. If every game, you made a habit of praying for all the player's safety before the game, would you stop because the media focuses on it? Would you be ashamed for everyone to see it? Would you be afraid people would hate you for it? That's pretty un-Christian like.

Keep in mind, Tebow comes from an Evangelical faith. Which, if I understand correctly, heavily emphasizes on preaching to the masses and trying to convert others. That's his faith. He's not gonna stop because the cameras are on him.

I said I'm Christian. I am a far cry from a religious person, however.

Preaching to the masses and trying to convert others is about the most dickish thing any human being can do, in my opinion.

It further exemplifies how selfish Tebow is. It's all about what is good for him and for his cult.

If I wanted to pray for players' safety, I'd do it privately. Not for fear or shame ... but for respect. Respect for others' beliefs.

Those who force feed their beliefs down others' throats are not good people.

Tebow is not a good person. His cult is full of people just like him. Fake and bad.

I said I'm Christian. I am a far cry from a religious person, however.

Preaching to the masses and trying to convert others is about the most dickish thing any human being can do, in my opinion.

It further exemplifies how selfish Tebow is. It's all about what is good for him and for his cult.

If I wanted to pray for players' safety, I'd do it privately. Not for fear or shame ... but for respect. Respect for others' beliefs.

Those who force feed their beliefs down others' throats are not good people.

Tebow is not a good person. His cult is full of people just like him. Fake and bad.

So you think that Tebow, by praying by himself in view of others, is "shoving his belief down other peoples throats?" You think, by praying by himself, he's being selfish? To who? Is Troy Polamalu being selfish when he prays before every game? Is he shoving his belief down everyone's throat?

And you can dislike Tebow's religious beliefs, but he believes he's doing well and that's enough for me to consider him a good enough person. He wants to save others, like he was raised to try to do. Do you think if he succeeded in doing that, Aaron H. wouldn't have killed those people? It's possible. The only negatives I see are Tim trying to convert someone who doesn't want his help or asks him to stop. And I've never seen that.

So you think that Tebow, by praying by himself in view of others, is "shoving his belief down other peoples throats?" You think, by praying by himself, he's being selfish? To who? Is Troy Polamalu being selfish when he prays before every game? Is he shoving his belief down everyone's throat?

And you can dislike Tebow's religious beliefs, but he believes he's doing well and that's enough for me to consider him a good enough person. He wants to save others, like he was raised to try to do. Do you think if he succeeded in doing that, Aaron H. wouldn't have killed those people? It's possible. The only negatives I see are Tim trying to convert someone who doesn't want his help or asks him to stop. And I've never seen that.

I guess maybe if christians like Tebow would not try to force people to be pro life, anti-gay, anti-everything else that does not conform to his particular worldview, I might like him better.

As it stands, I am pretty much for everything he is against, and either way, I don't try to convert others to any behaviours or beliefs, xenophobic or not. Which is what Tebow does every single day, from the pulpit he created by being a truly special college qb.

I wonder if he gets laid or is waiting for marraige?

I guess maybe if christians like Tebow would not try to force people to be pro life, anti-gay, anti-everything else that does not conform to his particular worldview, I might like him better.

As it stands, I am pretty much for everything he is against, and either way, I don't try to convert others to any behaviours or beliefs, xenophobic or not. Which is what Tebow does every single day, from the pulpit he created by being a truly special college qb.

I wonder if he gets laid or is waiting for marraige?

Force people? How has he tried to force people to do anything?

This is taking a turn I'm not willing to make. Let's agree to disagree, FireChan, on our feelings for Tim Tebow.

I will say this ... it used to piss me off that Kurt Warner would begin every postgame interview by giving praise to the almighty Jesus his lord and savior blah, blah, blah, puke, ****, !@#$, crap.

There is a time and a place for pushing religion. It's usually in a church where people want it and expect it. It's not on a camera that is there because of a football game.

One more thing. Tebow's affiliation with an anti-gay and anti-Semitic church in Texas kind of backs up my assertion that he's a huge fake. When I say "kind of" I mean it does.

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkjets/2013/02/16/tim-tebow-to-speak-at-church-characterized-as-anti-gay-and-anti-semitic/

Perhaps it is because he is an uppity holier-than-thou Christian who throws his religion in everyone's face constantly? Could that be it?

The tone and assumptions of what you wrote in the two sentences above are far more uppity and holier-than-thou than anything and everything Tebow has ever said.