Bills D vs. Geno should be fun

billsintaiwan

The Bills D has played quite well against two elite qbs. Or, at the very least, one elite qb and one very good qb. I reckon we'll see some fireworks this Sunday.

The only thing that might save Geno is that he practices against the jets d, but I expect Pettine will have something new.

The jets aren't great, but it would still be a huge win for this young team.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like it must have to Carolina fans coming in to the Bills game, this looks like a W on our schedule before the game starts. Geno isn't playing inspired football, but they've managed to split their first two games in spite of it. New York allowed 250 total yards to Tampa Bay and then held New England to just 232 total yards. The good news is that the Jets are averaging only 311 total yards through two games, are -4 on turnover ratio, and are penalty happy too. The Bills hung 436 yards on the Panthers Sunday.

The Bills are a 2.5 point road underdog. Carolina gets the Giants this week, we get Baltimore the week after the Jets. No way in hell the Panthers come out of that game anything but 0-3. We're 1-1, but our schedule is still darned difficult. If we lose to the Jets, we drop another winnable division game and will likely be 1-3 after the Ravens game. The Jets are as close to a trap game we'll see this season.

Like it must have to Carolina fans coming in to the Bills game, this looks like a W on our schedule before the game starts. Geno isn't playing inspired football, but they've managed to split their first two games in spite of it. New York allowed 250 total yards to Tampa Bay and then held New England to just 232 total yards. The good news is that the Jets are averaging only 311 total yards through two games, are -4 on turnover ratio, and are penalty happy too. The Bills hung 436 yards on the Panthers Sunday.

The Bills are a 2.5 point road underdog. Carolina gets the Giants this week, we get Baltimore the week after the Jets. No way in hell the Panthers come out of that game anything but 0-3. We're 1-1, but our schedule is still darned difficult. If we lose to the Jets, we drop another winnable division game and will likely be 1-3 after the Ravens game. The Jets are as close to a trap game we'll see this season.

"Holding the Patriots*" is completely misleading given the weather, given the atrocious play of their receivers

I actually feel pretty confident about this.

Cleveland is horrible and I believe we play Baltimore at home and so far this year, the Ravens have been pretty bad.

I agree, riding the momentum from the emotional Panthers game and what I predict to be a solid victory over NYJ, I think we can take down Baltimore. Cleveland played them tight in Baltimore, after all.

I hate the jets just like the next Bills fan but I can't go in to this game thinking it's a definite win especially after all the games we've lost to them (and we didn't even contend).

But this IS a new Bills team and we're not going up against Sanchez. I'm really liking this defense we have so far so I hope they show up again this week against the Jets.

If our offense can catch up to our defense (Stevie's words not mine), then we damn well SHOULD come out of there with a victory.

That being said, I not only want to win the game but I want the score to be lopsided. 42-13 final score would make me happy for a week til we face the Ravens.

We took one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL and reduced him to a mediocre pocket passer. I just don't see any possible way that Geno succeeds where Cam failed, and I can't see us losing to the Jets. The Dolphins will be much more of a challenge, IMO.

We took one of the most dangerous weapons in the NFL and reduced him to a mediocre pocket passer. I just don't see any possible way that Geno succeeds where Cam failed, and I can't see us losing to the Jets. The Dolphins will be much more of a challenge, IMO.

I will admit that the Fins look better than I was expecting. They will be tough, but I think we'll at least be able to split with them.

EJ and the Bills won't have the luxury of the home crowd helping out. We'll see how they handle things on the road.

Gotta jump on the Jets early to keep the crowd out of it...Or better yet to turn them on the Jets...Get Geno to throw a couple picks in the 1st half and he'll see how friendly that home crowd is... ;)

All that being said I'm guessing this one will be a grind too...I think the Bills clearly have the better talent overall...But so did the Pats and the Bucs...We'll see... B-)

I will admit that the Fins look better than I was expecting. They will be tough, but I think we'll at least be able to split with them.

Yep, I didn't consider them a legit contender, but they've improved on both sides of the ball. If they can maintain a consistent ground game, they'll be tough for sure.