What's With The Knapsacks?

Chef Jim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I bought my motorbike I needed to buy a knapsack to bring my laptop/lunch/shoes to work.

So let me get this straight. After supper you got your ass off the davenport, slung your knapsack over your shoulders and hopped on your motorbike.........shoeless? :huh:

So let me get this straight. After supper you got your ass off the davenport, slung your knapsack over your shoulders and hopped on your motorbike.........shoeless? :huh:

No, silly. I put my riding boots on in the parlor before leaving.

also Chef, keep in mind the laptop bags/backpacks/knapsacks/rucksacks, have padding in them to protect the laptop, have puffed out side pockets for usb items like a mouse, they have roomier, and in my case, 3 compartments that add to the bulky look. So its not that they are carrying alot, its just poofy and makes it look packed

Not mine, I used a panel loading, 30-liter, hydration compatible, with ventilated back panels daypack.

I thought knapsack was a reference to the super hip and small canvas looking bags that a lot of professional/hipsters or metrosexuals use. I saw a super cool guy and his hip baby carrying one in lieu if a diaper bag once, while I had a 30 pound diaper bag and my wife's purse in my arms, chasing my 2 year old.

Anyway, I have major issues with those knapsacks.

I have major issues with hipsters.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

LoL... You didn't hear it from me! Anyway, I am w/you... I have a problem w/hipsters too! LoL :lol: That is why I brought up those girly drawstring tote backpacks earlier in the thread.

Again... WTF are people packing? Bug repellant? Sunscreen? All I can do is think of the scene in Platoon with the loaded ALICE. Enemy is running around in pajamas and sandles and the good guys are loaded down to the teeth!

if i go into philly for the day, i wear one of those and put my phone accessories(extra battery, charger, headphones) etc, beats carrying them around in your pocket, and yes i need extra batteries with my android phone...can also carry a bottle of water or something. it's just convenient, i've given up worrying what i look like to others

keep in mind i am taking light rail into philly so i can't just keep things in my car and go get them when i need them, if i go into the city, i am gone for 8-10 hours.

LoL... You didn't hear it from me! Anyway, I am w/you... I have a problem w/hipsters too! LoL :lol: That is why I brought up those girly drawstring tote backpacks earlier in the thread.

Again... WTF are people packing? Bug repellant? Sunscreen? All I can do is think of the scene in Platoon with the loaded ALICE. Enemy is running around in pajamas and sandles and the good guys are loaded down to the teeth!

Edited by The Poojer

if i go into philly for the day, i wear one of those and put my phone accessories(extra battery, charger, headphones) etc, beats carrying them around in your pocket, and yes i need extra batteries with my android phone...can also carry a bottle of water or something. it's just convenient, i've given up worrying what i look like to others

keep in mind i am taking light rail into philly so i can't just keep things in my car and go get them when i need them, if i go into the city, i am gone for 8-10 hours.

LoL

I am just kidding... My son has one of those bags, I make him carry all the stuff around! ;)

This has been my "go to pack" going on 14 or so years:

f_85272_1.0.jpg