1 sack for the D-line

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree. Some people on here are acting like "Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!"

I can tell you're one of those that are acting like ""Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!" I'm sure you're taking yesterday's game as a moral victory since we only lost by 2 points compared to the first time we played the Pats last year and got destroyed 52-28.

No I'm looking at the results.

Brady looked rattled and uncomfortable most of the game...moreso than any game since the 31-0 shellacking we put on them back in the day.

First game under two new coordinators and tons of new players, we are only going to get better.

Anyone who thinks it was the same old Bills doesn't know what they are watching and need to go back to running up the score 100-0 against their buddy playing Madden...

All the ignored holding didn't help matters any.

I can't wait until Brady and Belichick take their cheating asses and ride off into the sunset and the Pats fall back to the basement again.

The refs where weird yesterday in their calls. Like unless you where a 'known name' you where not getting a call. I mean the rookie Leodis was all over got no love.

"Ain't go to play?" First off, call Hooked on Phonics and learn how to talk. Second, everyone that's been following the NFL knows Hernandez most likely will be behind bars for the rest of his life. The point of mentioning Gronkowski & Hernandez was that the Pats have relied on having 2 pass catching TE's in the game. If the Pats knew that Hernandez was going to end up being a murderer before the draft/start of free agency, don't you think the Pats would have picked up another reliable pass catching TE?

I'd say they had all offseason to field a competent receiving corps and they failed at that.

Brady looked rattled and uncomfortable most of the game...moreso than any game since the 31-0 shellacking we put on them back in the day.

First game under two new coordinators and tons of new players, we are only going to get better.

Anyone who thinks it was the same old Bills doesn't know what they are watching and need to go back to running up the score 100-0 against their buddy playing Madden...

Were there improvements from last year...of course. Wannstedt ran a defense that was 20 years old and had no answers when it didn't work, but the Bills defense still has a lot of holes.

The refs where weird yesterday in their calls. Like unless you where a 'known name' you where not getting a call. I mean the rookie Leodis was all over got no love.

Yeah, the missed a hold on an early play. Probably to make up for the push-off of his they ignored earlier.

Were there improvements from last year...of course. Wannstedt ran a defense that was 20 years old and had no answers when it didn't work, but the Bills defense still has a lot of holes.

Obviously they have work to do, its their first game under a new DC and a new scheme...

The are also missing two of their best players on D.

I thought they played very well considering the number of plays they faced, missing two good players and playing a whole new system.

Obviously they have work to do, its their first game under a new DC and a new scheme...

The are also missing two of their best players on D.

I thought they played very well considering the number of plays they faced, missing two good players and playing a whole new system.

DT's are a concern considering the amount of runs for big yards up the middle. I saw Dareus get thrown on his azz yesterday. Mario did nothing. Jerry Hughes was noticeable allright...for 2 offsides penalties. Tom Brady continued to eat up the Bills with the dink and dunk stuff. Do I think the Bills defense improved so far from last year...yes, but they still have a long ways to go.

what I kept seeing was a HOF qb with a good line barely making great throws to a great WR who made even better catches, just as he got laid on hi a$$. We were good on D but Marcia was just better. I even heard Mario coming off the field a few times saying "MARCIA MARCIA MARCIA!" true story.

Exactly, thank you! The Bills should have won this game against a depleted Pats team. How many dropped passes did we see from the Patriots WR's yesterday?

I agree with you that if the Bills played a solid to good team yesterday, that they would have lost. Giving up 450 yards (272 passing, 158 rushing) against a depleted Pats team is nothing to be excited about.

In all due respect Mr. Jerry Jabber you sound like the next making of Jerry Sullivan. You continue to talk in your several posts about how bad the Bills defense is and how depleted the poor Patriots are. They were only without Gronk. Hernandez and Welker don't play for them anymore. That is like saying we were without Levitre so maybe are run game would be better with him still here. We are missing two of our best defensive backs and two of the best defensive backs probably in the NFL. You also rip apart our d-line. Our d-line put great pressure on Brady. Anybody that knows anything about football will tell you pressures are almost as good as sacks because they cause incompletions and even better interceptions. Brady completed only 55% of his passes. Brady had a QB rating of 59.39. How many teams will be that affective against Brady??? The other BIG thing you fail to mention is that our damn defense was on the field the entire game. The time of possession was 37 minutes to 22 minutes because we could not maintain any drives. Any defense playing that long would be winded, hence the reason we started to get gashed in the second have by their running backs. Are defense recovered 2 fumbles, had an interception, scored a touchdown, and held the Pats to 6 points in the second half and you are gonna rip on the defense??? In fact if our offense don't cough the ball up twice inside our own 20 yard line and gift wrap points for the Pats maybe we win easily. If you look at the NFL stats only 13 teams had more than 2 sacks, but only 3 had more pressures. Are defense also led the entire NFL in tackles, 14 more tackles then any other team. Again, this is because our offense was conservative and in my opinion played not to lose instead of playing to win. I give the coaches an excuse though because they want to bring Manuel along slowly and let him get his feet wet a little. You mention that the Bills are in trouble the next time because Gronk will be back and their receivers will be more in sink. How about our guys coming back? How about the fact that we have very young receivers that need to mature some? I think I heard that we were the 3rd youngest team in the NFL at an average age of 25. I honestly thought you were a Pats fan until you said you couldn't wait for Brady to retire and for the Pats to be bad again. It doesn't sound like your a Bills fan and if you are then you need to look deeper in to what you are talking about in your many posts. C'mon man be a little positive. Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

Sacks is an overvalued stat. It is really the amounts of pressures and hits you get on a QB that can matter. Now granted yesterday at the stadium was a blur, but it seemed like it was the most the Bills have ever hit Brady. As a result, he was more off than he normally is and was stepping into throws like he usually does.

And what makes you qualified to make such a ridiculous statement?

Sacks is an overvalued stat. It is really the amounts of pressures and hits you get on a QB that can matter. Now granted yesterday at the stadium was a blur, but it seemed like it was the most the Bills have ever hit Brady. As a result, he was more off than he normally is and was stepping into throws like he usually does.

That said, when he got the ball back with a little over 4 minutes left in the 4th did you think he / they wouldn't win the game?

And what makes you qualified to make such a ridiculous statement?

That said, when he got the ball back with a little over 4 minutes left in the 4th did you think he / they wouldn't win the game?

Unfortunately, I did think they were scoring. It's the Bills vs. Pats. But the biggest hope I have is that the Bills aren't playing scare against them anymore and hopefully we're the team that is on the rise and vice versa.

This is just another one of those "doom and gloom" statistics. The defense looked light years ahead of where they were last year in bringing pressure on Brady. They forced 3 turnovers from one of the best offenses in the game. But for the fumbles, this game was there for the winning for the Bills.

The Bills played a depleted Patriots team and still lost, how's that for positivity?! Imagine if Gronkowski & Hernandez played today, the Bills would have been blown out of the water.

I have seen this a few time in this forum First Hernandez is never returning and second the bills played without their best DBs too ... try not to forget that Glimore nor Byrd were out there.