Russ Brandon should be fired

ny33

It's apparent that a segment of posters are now just throwing stuff up (apt metaphor) to get a reaction.

That's too bad, as all it does is drive the long-term folks who want to have a discussion farther and farther from the wall....

I want to have a discussion about a marketing man who has been granted the power to make key football decisions, including hiring a local coach who had serious trouble with basic game management (two instances of twelve men on the field is ludicrous), and failed to adjust his game strategy when he should have been burning the clock.

Brandon has never achieved success from a football perspective. He's been great at keeping the Bills in the region and is a good marketer, but an abject failure when it comes to football decision-making.

Instead I'm met with childish, non-sensical posts (not yours), ad hominem attacks, and strawman arguments.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to have a discussion about a marketing man who has been granted the power to make key football decisions, including hiring a local coach who had serious trouble with basic game management (two instances of twelve men on the field is ludicrous), and failed to adjust his game strategy when he should have been burning the clock.

Brandon has never achieved success from a football perspective. He's been great at keeping the Bills in the region and is a good marketer, but an abject failure when it comes to football decision-making.

Instead I'm met with childish, non-sensical posts (not yours), ad hominem attacks, and strawman arguments.

Ha ha ha ha.....You blame a marketing guy for a 2 point loss, and you accuse others of being nonsensical??

PTR

Ha ha ha ha.....You blame a marketing guy for a 2 point loss, and you accuse others of being nonsensical??

PTR

I don't blame him for the details of the actual loss- I question the fact that he was allowed to hire a coach who (hopefully with just growing pains) seriously mis-managed the game, and brought a college offensive coordinator along with him. It's amazing that people are fine with Brandon having his role. I questioned the hire when it was previously made, but the loss today deepened my concerns about the decisions he has made.

I don't blame him for the details of the actual loss- I question the fact that he was allowed to hire a coach who (hopefully with just growing pains) seriously mis-managed the game, and brought a college offensive coordinator along with him. It's amazing that people are fine with Brandon having his role. I questioned the hire when it was previously made, but the loss today deepened my concerns about the decisions he has made.

So do you have faith in Marrone or not?

So do you have faith in Marrone or not?

Marrone might turn it around. He's a rookie head coach, and the players supposedly believe in him. But why allow a rookie H.C. to bring in his college offensive coordinator, especially when we plan to play a rookie quarterback, and then run a uptempo scheme that we don't adjust? Marrone might turn out to be a decent hire- he obviously won't be fired for at least another year- but it is still a huge red flag that we hired a Syracuse coach with direct connections to Brandon.

Bills fans are great after a loss. It's like they all start speaking in football non sequiturs to express their rage/frustration/etc. You want to see batschittcrazee on parade, come here after a loss.

PTR

JR, if you came in close contact with some of the people on this board I'm sure your first instinct would be to get away as soon as f******* possible. Some of what's posted here can only be the work of deeply troubled minds

I would bet a dollar to a donut Brandon is Ralph (el cheapo) Wilson's puppet. Ralph is still meddling in the football affairs, you can bet you butt on it. The old senile goat will never let go of control. You can still smell Ralph's stench on this team, he's still calling the shots, you can take that to the bank. :flirt:

You bet your but that the only decision the 95 year old man is making is whether to go with the tapioca pudding or the cream corn.

So Marrone might be decent, but the guy who hired him should be fired immediately for hiring Marrone who is unqualified for his position.

We'll live and die by our Q.B., so that may not matter too much in the end, but, yes, we should have hired someone less green to run the team.

Russ Brandon should have been shifted to a non-football role back in 2008.

Wow. We had a rookie HC, OC, DC and QB in their first game and they lost to a good Pats team in a nail-biter that was decided in the final seconds and we need to fire the president?

I guess the Pats should fire Belichick. This game could have gone either way. How dare Belichick - with a decade plus to establish his scheme - let a Brandon run organization be competitive with him!

You bet your but that the only decision the 95 year old man is making is whether to go with the tapioca pudding or the cream corn.

I don't think deciding between pudding and creamed corn are the only decisions he's making. I bet he tries to decide if he should try and get up and make it to the bathroom or just sit there and soil his trousers. :cry::blush: