Rivalry of the Future: EJ & Geno

johnwalter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a great rivalry.

Even in spite of his very mixed results this preseason, Geno's natural talents are pretty obvious.

Like EJ, he's a natural thrower.

It will be fun watching their careers play out as it was for Kelly-Marino (and to a lesser degree, fellow 1st round QB divisional rivals Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien).

I think it will be a great rivalry.

Even in spite of his very mixed results this preseason, Geno's natural talents are pretty obvious.

Like EJ, he's a natural thrower.

It will be fun watching their careers play out as it was for Kelly-Marino (and to a lesser degree, fellow 1st round QB divisional rivals Tony Eason and Ken O'Brien).

in another 1-2 years when Brady can't get it done anymore, the Geno vs. EJ rivalry will be in full swing. The Pats and Dolphins will be in the bottom of the division looking up at the Bills and Jets.

Just like Brady made BBs career into a winning coach, I believe both EJ and Geno will do that for Marrone AND Rex. He's going to save Rex's job.

I didn't think highly of Geno and I honestly hope I was right, but he looks like a talent in just 1 game. Hopefully he goes all Vince Young on them and gets too big for his own good. By looking at him standing on the benches acting like he's a god, kinda shows that. But well see.

Because of how the draft went down, EJ Manuel vs. Geno Smith could become serious rivalry games. Our first game against the Jets is only 2 weeks away.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see if either of these guys can keep their respective jobs for at least 2 seasons before we get carried away here.

Prediction: Geno implodes tonight. National stage, Belichick defense. I see three picks and a couple of fumbles.

i really hope not. Lets hope Tommy Boy screws the pooch and plays horribly. The Jets defense takes advantage, and Geno barely does enough to keep them in it.

This way, all we have to do is win this week, then next against the Jets and were already in a tie for 1st.

Prediction: Geno 185yds passing; 1TD; 1Int; 45yds rushing. Jets lose 13 - 24

I don't disagree Geno will run a lot. As opposed to EJ, who showed the ability to go through his progressions and only ran when necessary, Geno paints the picture of a "typical" young QB -- 1st read isn't open, so start scrambling.

Prediction: Geno implodes tonight. National stage, Belichick defense. I see three picks and a couple of fumbles.

No fumbles, but 15/35 for 214 yards (6.1 YPA), 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 4 sacks, and a 27.6 passer rating. I'll go ahead and give eball the Prognosticator Award for this game. Well done, sir.

It wasn't anything Belichick did, Geno simply threw horrible passes all night.

I feel sorry for the kid, being in NY and only having to score 14 point to beat the Patriots and he laid an egg in front of the country. Get ready for the media storm to begin Geno.

He probably cringed when the Jets picked him, knowing what a nightmare the Jersey/NYC fans can be. It's like they're not happy unless they're mad about something.

This might end up being one longer term --- would be fun -- right now, I'd rather have Manuel --- don't care much for Geno's body language -- he always looks like he's half interested --- Manuel, so far has great body language, attitude and off and on-field presence -- let's hope rest of skills develop and follow

I felt a little bad for Geno last night.... for 3 quarters he played pretty well and and some nice throw placement (followed by some crucial drops by his teammates). Better than I expected to see though. His pocket awareness needs work for sure and then in the 4th quarter he started throwing behind receivers. I definitely think EJ will definitely be the better of the two and more the complete package, but at least now I can see some of his abilities that had people interested in Geno.