How will Marquis Goodwin do?

luckydog31

Which means starting Goodwin on his fantasy team would be a mistake.

Honestly, it might be better that we derail this mutha into an actual constructive conversation, like what Goodwin brings to the real life table.

Starting Goodwin on your Fantasy Football Team wreaks of "Rookie Homer's Delight", and that's just a stinky cologne.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One league I'm in values kick and punt return yards, so I picked Goodwin up yesterday. Not sure if I should start him or not though, he's not projected to do anything. I hate this league because a guy like Eddie Royal supposedly has more value than Mike Wallace.

His best chance for a TD is on returns...

Completely agree...and at this time of the season the Special Teams are not so special. It is a good time to take one back to the house...Just can't imagine how that crowd will be if we started the season with a KR for TD!!

That play drove me crazy because that is what the announcer, Tasker, who is criminally bad and wrong, kept saying. And it was total nonsense. That INT was 100% on Kolb. Yes, Goodwin didn't get separation and didn't get open, but the pass was two yards behind him regardless. If he did get separation he would have been further away. It was a terrible, terrible pass and not close to being Goodwin's fault (unless he went completely the wrong way, which Tasker, you and I would have no way of knowing). Tasker's explanation of that play was atrocious. It's absolutely amazing he has the job he does, because he's the worst analyst in the game, IMO, and I love the guy.

In training camp, Goodwin consistently made great reactions to the ball in the air, and showed pretty decent hands, too. In the Senior Bowl he consistently beat the CBs off the line and not with just speed. On his returns he showed some football moves in addition to straight line speed.

That said, I don't expect him to be much of a factor in his first couple games as a WR. I doubt he will even play much. I don't expect much from him in his rookie season. I'm not even sure he will be a very good KR. But he has some real talent and not just speed. I hope I'm wrong and he scores, of course.

Gotta agree with your take on Steve. There was a personal foul when dude got punched right in the head after the whistle and steveo didn't like the call , it was funny stuff. Hes a sdeline guy, same job they give the girls. Bentley wasn't bad other than sounding like a robot. Glad preseason is over.

I expect Goodwin to have a larger role. I'd like to see some end arounds and wide receiver screens to him now that the training wheels are off the play book.

Honestly, it might be better that we derail this mutha into an actual constructive conversation, like what Goodwin brings to the real life table.

Starting Goodwin on your Fantasy Football Team wreaks of "Rookie Homer's Delight", and that's just a stinky cologne.

It might be, but it's the point of the thread. I'm just staying on topic.

Gotta agree with your take on Steve. There was a personal foul when dude got punched right in the head after the whistle and steveo didn't like the call , it was funny stuff. Hes a sdeline guy, same job they give the girls. Bentley wasn't bad other than sounding like a robot. Glad preseason is over.

I expect Goodwin to have a larger role. I'd like to see some end arounds and wide receiver screens to him now that the training wheels are off the play book.

I saw them fake the end around to Goodwin in the Redskins game (I think). I'm sure actually handing it to him is in the playbook.

It might be, but it's the point of the thread. I'm just staying on topic.

Sometimes the off-topic is much better than the on-topic.... Ask yourself: If I wanted to say a few things about Goodwin and what to expect at the start of the season from him, would it be better to start a new thread, or post it here.

I would love to play against your fantasy team if you are starting Goodwin on a whim..

1 REC for 8 yards...

Only hope is he breaks a kick off but that is not worth a starting slot on most teams..

Really? I also have Payton Manning and his 7 TDs the other day with Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson yet to go!

One league I'm in values kick and punt return yards, so I picked Goodwin up yesterday. Not sure if I should start him or not though, he's not projected to do anything. I hate this league because a guy like Eddie Royal supposedly has more value than Mike Wallace.

Pats* kicker was 4th last year in # of TBs...

There's a lot of evidence that he can't catch and isn't a natural receiver. He did a lot of carrying in college instead of receiving. He looked so raw in preseason. The play where he scratched his eye was very telling. He had his man beat but he couldn't adjust to find the football. He was running zig-zags while Lienart threw a perfect pass. The INT from Kolb was on Goodwin. He had a bomb go off his hands from Tuel vs Redskins. The bad WR play is piling up, but his returns were stellar. I hope he works primarily as a KR and I'd love to see a reverse or 2 to set up a fake rerverse. He's the fastest guy on team, but I don't see how they'll get him the ball.

You took the words right out of my mouth, well said.

Really? I also have Payton Manning and his 7 TDs the other day with Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson yet to go!

Hey, so what's the scoop with your WRs? Who else is on your team, and why are you even considering Goodwin? (I'm in the top 5% for believing in Goodwin, I think, but I would never start him this week.)