The Worst Time of the Year to be a Bills Fan is Upon Us

Storm Front

Nothing will change until Wilson dies and Brandon/overdorf and the rest of the Mickey Mouse front office is gone.

I agree, the team calling Doug Whaley a GM is also a complete joke because he is nothing more than a figure head with very little power when it come to team decisions.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

I don't get this attitude at all, unless of course you are just trolling.

A rebuilding season, which I agree this is, does not have to be dismal. Are the Bills likely to lose more games than they win this season ... quite possibly. But they now have their QB of the future in my opinion, as well as a head coach, OC, and DC that aren't coaching like it was 1990. Last year at this time I agreed with your "dismal" prediction because it was obvious to all but the most optimistic Bills fans. But this year should be anything but dismal as there are many things to look forward to seeing. Not the least of which is seeing how Manuel adapts to the NFL and to see if this high priced defensive line can earn it's money now that they have a decent DC.

Buck up buttercup and strap on a pair.

Last year was one of the worst years I can remember. Our expectations were too high I think. This year I'm trying not to be so optimistic so I won't be as disappointed when they lose but that damn EJ Manuel has me excited. There's going to be a lot of bad Monday mornings

Last year was worse than the 3-13 season in 2001 or 4-12 in 2010. I can't remember being more excited about a season opener and then being more let down. Worst feeling I've had after a football game in years.

I've learned my lesson, though -- I'm only expecting to beat the Pats* by 17.

Nothing will change until Wilson dies and Brandon/overdorf and the rest of the Mickey Mouse front office is gone.

I second this, and motion to put it to a vote for their removal.

Make no mistake, russ brandon is not your savior, he is a well trained Ralph Wilson Jr., Jr. And Ralph Wilson Jr., Jr. is cheap.

I second this, and motion to put it to a vote for their removal.

Make no mistake, russ brandon is not your savior, he is a well trained Ralph Wilson Jr., Jr. And Ralph Wilson Jr., Jr. is cheap.

Hence the top 5 contract handed out to a guy like Eric Wood and the $100M given to Mario...reeks of cheap. Not to mention franchise tagging Jairus Byrd...so cheap.

I completely disagree. I feel like we have a lot of young talented guys that are easy to root for, and while there may be some growing pains, that's a helluva lot easier to embrace than complete and utter failure.

I'm not expecting Super Bowl, but I look forward to some exciting football this year from the Bills.

Please re-read the second post. See you in about 6 weeks when we are all discussing how putrid this team is yet again.

THIS will be our finest season in over a decade.

Deal with it.

so 8-8?

A QB and competent coaching changes everything. Even if this is the beginning of a rebuild, so far, it looks like things are being done the right way.

You've got your rookie QB and you've got young, talented players around him. Whereas in the past our rebuilds consisted of retread QBs and aging vets.

Here we go again. Another dismal rebuilding season. All the optimism of the offseason is over. Prepare to have your heart broken and many sad Monday mornings Bills fans.

Yea, it is that time fo the year for all the off-season optimism to get ground to powder and made to look laughable in retrospect. It is kinda like getting a flu shot each year though, getting to the point where it has been going on for so long, I am kinda immune to it. Sad really.

There's that word again... hope. I hope this, I hope that. I hope you are right. My brain says they will get a few more IR injuries and totally poop the bed this year, but I hope I am wrong. go bills.

This...every year. Our expectation for the past decade has been to watch this position or what that position develop. Will we ever have hopes of contending for a championship?

I'm not very optimistic about our record, but I'm at the very least intrigued since we have new coaches and players. I'll be entertained. :)

Oh I'll be there like a fool hooting an sliding across the floor when they score or pick a pass. I hate myself. I'm a freakin addict.

This is a loser attitude. Why not be optimistic? It's just a hobby after all. I have much more important stuff in my life to get depressed about the Bills season while they are still 0-0.

This...every year. Our expectation for the past decade has been to watch this position or what that position develop. Will we ever have hopes of contending for a championship?

Oh I'll be there like a fool hooting an sliding across the floor when they score or pick a pass. I hate myself. I'm a freakin addict.

Some of us do

This season is about watching our young franchise QB develop with his young new WRs. As long as E.J. stays healthy, it should be a fun season, regardless of the outcome. That, and new (and hopefully exciting and effective) schemes on both sides of the ball make it worth watching.

We're still missing several key pieces of the puzzle, but it's hard not to get excited about the future. I don't expect that excitement to manifest itself in the record. But that's not what this season is about.

Nailed it.