Sabres: Third Jersey

\GoBillsInDallas/

Because it is a small market and nobody knows who the Sabres are. FWIW, it really isn't a recognizable logo... I know, I know... It is what it is. I get asked all the time what team it is on my hat... And I am here in Chicago!

I think among hockey fans it's plenty recognizable. The NHL's marketing problem is not the Sabres', per se. The team has some of the best ratings in the league. Are the people who don't recognize your hat NHL fans?

I am not sure that a putrid yellow jersey will make that logo more recognizable, unless they intend to outfit construction workers with it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they have to keep f---ing up a great look?

Seriously.

The blue top looks like a freaking cape from the front. Stupid. Clown suit stupid. And the bottlecap script was terrific. WHY!?

. Ted Black and his marketing folks?

You know what looks good on a hockey sweater? Simple stripes and and round logos. Really, it isn't that hard. Again, I really don't know where all the venom is coming from. I just don't think it is that bad, except for the word. "Buffalo" on the front and the neck collar. What's up w/that?

OK, I'll play. Why are the cuffs grey? How does that go with gold?

Why is it blue across the top? I understand the colors are blue and gold, but the blue bit clashes with the gold here and is a major distraction, combined with the grey cuffs. None of that goes together in the combination they have.

They should have made the whole jersey gold and MAYBE blue on the arms somehow. Also, we have white strips here that look awful. The whole thing is a major design fail.

OK, I'll play. Why are the cuffs grey? How does that go with gold?

Why is it blue across the top? I understand the colors are blue and gold, but the blue bit clashes with the gold here and is a major distraction, combined with the grey cuffs. None of that goes together in the combination they have.

They should have made the whole jersey gold and MAYBE blue on the arms somehow. Also, we have white strips here that look awful. The whole thing is a major design fail.

Obviously, there was one designer who thought differently. And then a team that gave it the green light. I just don't think it is that bad.

Too busy working on the HarborCenter project to care much - just get the merchandi$e out there knowing there's enough saps to lap it up while they work on the REALLY big payday..

Again, if you don't like it don't buy. If people like it, they will buy. I don't buy any jersey. I think it is strange that people care this much. NOW the logo is another story.

It almost sounds like many people wanted to get this third jersey and are now disappointed because they don't like the way it looks. Then don't buy. Taste is a funny thing.

Come on! People are complaining just to complain. Theo's homemade shirt is way better! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think people care because they don't want the team to be a laughing stock wearing such a terrible jersey (there is the question of effect on morale as well). I'm sure Nashville fans feel the same about their team. Every so often the list comes out of worst all-time sweaters, and do we really want to end up on that list?

I think it's not too much of a stretch to suggest that anyone who's posted on this thread could come up with a better design. Step 1 would be the KISS principle.

Pretty bad... for some reason I am not looking forward, as much, to the upcoming NHL season. Was thinking the other day that I might not ante-up for Center Ice this year, because the Sabres were just not very fun to watch most of last season...an awful new uniform is not helping...damn you Terry Pegula!!!

I don't mind it. Why is the word "Buffalo" above the logo? Huh? Is this Romper Room? Tacky. It is like sticking a label on your front door saying: "Door." Or one on your garage door saying: "garage." Or maybe: "house" on your home. Wow!

You have got to be trolling.

The ONLY good thing is that we all know that JP Era is still out there alive somewhere and that he just made his first sale.