I'm concerned - FSU

BillsFan3434

Jameis Winston did right after the game when he redirected praise for himself, and heaped it upon his O-line, and receivers.

FSU has some KILLER talent at other positions besides QB. Nick O'leary? -Anyone see how awesome that kid is?

Personally, I was Studying Pitt's Tom Savage. Kind of well-heeled for a college QB... Rutgers, Arizona, and now Pitt. I thought he showed some good poise... Made good use of his weapons... Wasn't quite ready for FSU's speed on defense, but he threw some really nice balls.

if FSU does to Clemson what it did to Pitt, I'll be impressed. Heck, if they do to MIAMI (FL) what they did to Pitt I'll be Impressed. Until then, they're a work in progress as far as I'm concerned. With a very Young, and raw talent at QB.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSUs freshman quarterback just went 25/27 for 356 yards and 4 TDs. I'm really hoping FSU doesn't make quarterbacks just look good vs actually being good. Those numbers make E.J. look like an average quarterback. Apparently he ran for a TD as well. Every TD they had in that game was scored in some way or another by him.

Here's to E.J. actually being good and not making a system make him look good :D

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this and failing. Maybe it will help if we break this down:

1) A talented FSU put a good 'ol beat-down on a bad Pitt team

2) FSU has a talented rookie QB

3) The talented rookie QB played well against a bad Pitt team

4) You're worried this means he's not really a talented rookie playing against a bad Pitt team, he's a system QB in a good system

5) Therefore you're worried EJ might not really be a talented NFL rookie but a former system QB no longer in that system

Have I got that right?

If I do, my response is that you wait and see what goes on this season. Certainly EJ looked impressive outside his system in the Sr bowl and looked good in limited PS action. So I don't think you need to worry that much.

Oh Dear. As if we don't have enough to worry about with this team, we need to make things up? First off, Pitt is awful. Secondly, Winston is, by all accounts, the best athlete they have had at FSU since Deion. Thirdly, I read many tweets last night from football writers who said that the team itself is much improved from last year and that they have better OL, WRs and RBs than EJ had.

yo B'lo.... those words were what our fellowship thrives upon. you present sanity and perspective to all of us fans, and tons of hope for our future. Maybe our lives don't depend on the Bills' record in 2013, but we all depend on each other for assurance, and guys like EJ certainly help us find our own paths.

I thank you for for your insight. That can really help those who could fall into the traps life can set for us.

~AS

• 1 month later...

if FSU does to Clemson what it did to Pitt, I'll be impressed. Heck, if they do to MIAMI (FL) what they did to Pitt I'll be Impressed. Until then, they're a work in progress as far as I'm concerned. With a very Young, and raw talent at QB.

Ahem...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.