Bills to sign K Dan Carpenter

FluffHead

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to envision Carpenter's press conferences.

Several weeks ago: "I think the Dolphins have a great long-term plan in place, and I'm excited to be part of that plan."

Two weeks ago: "I'm not happy about being cut by the Dolphins. But at least I've landed on my feet, and can prepare for my future as a New York Jet."

One week ago: "I'm looking forward to a long career as an Arizona Cardinal."

Today: "I couldn't be happier to be a Buffalo Bill. This franchise is moving in the right direction, and I expect to be part of that for many years to come."

Then he broke into "We've only just begun..."

This just in - Ralph is not cheap.

They don't have a choice, apparently. If they had another rookie in for tryouts, they would likely brought him back.

It's still odd that they haven't said anything about the injury. That they don't want to chance it with an unvested player makes it seem that Hopkins could be more seriously hurt and they want a veteran in there. Why not put Hopkins on limited IR to free up a roster spot?

They don't have a choice, apparently. If they had another rookie in for tryouts, they would likely brought him back.

It's still odd that they haven't said anything about the injury. That they don't want to chance it with an unvested player makes it seem that Hopkins could be more seriously hurt and they want a veteran in there. Why not put Hopkins on limited IR to free up a roster spot?

It's probably an injury that will make him miss a couple games. That and they're not overly confident with Carpenter, but he's a veteran with experience.

If Carpenter gets a good hit on someone, the announcers should say, "Carpenter lays down the hammer!"

I don't think it's a good sign if the K is tackling. In fact, I can go with a whole season without the kicker needing to tackle anyone.