Patriots Claim former Bills LB Chris White

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why wouldn't he go for a defensive player who at least got one more week in with Marrone and Pettine?

Understand something. Belicheat understands that Special Teams is truly 1/3 of the game.

Belicheat has seen the Bills' superior kick coverage. He has seen Marquise go buck-wild in returns.

Belicheat knows that ANY advantage he can gain, ANY advantage, is worth it. Think Sun Tzu

Belicheat's goal is to win the superbowl this year.

What is our goal?

Edited by maddenboy

Understand something. Belicheat understands that Special Teams is truly 1/3 of the game.

Belicheat has seen the Bills' superior kick coverage. He has seen Marquise go buck-wild in returns.

Belicheat knows that ANY advantage he can gain, ANY advantage, is worth it. Think Sun Tzu

Belicheat's goal is to win the superbowl this year.

What is our goal?

The same thing. And in the end, the result will be the same for both teams.

Morals boy Morals. Not everybody`s a lowlife.

That's why there should be some sort of rule in place to prevent this. Maybe something like you can't claim a player from a team you're facing in the first month of the season. And for everyone saying "oh no big deal, Belichek doesn't need an advantage to beat the Bills" the fact that he did sign White means he believes he can get some info out of him. It doesn't matter how small the advantage is, it's still an advantage.

That's why there should be some sort of rule in place to prevent this. Maybe something like you can't claim a player from a team you're facing in the first month of the season.

Do you mean like when we picked up Malloy after he was cut?

There is no way NFLPA would agree with that and for a rare time I'd agree with them - a player has a right to a living even if a paycheck is for one week. If a team WANTS that rule then a team would need players including signed free agents and UDFAs to sign a non-disclosure / non-compete contract and that would not sit well with players. Even coaches have been cut and then went on to be consultant to opposing teams.

There is no way NFLPA would agree with that and for a rare time I'd agree with them - a player has a right to a living even if a paycheck is for one week. If a team WANTS that rule then a team would need players including signed free agents and UDFAs to sign a non-disclosure / non-compete contract and that would not sit well with players. Even coaches have been cut and then went on to be consultant to opposing teams.

Dude, nobody is saying its not within the rules. (and b/t/w, we got Milloy to PLAY).

In fact, nobody is really saying its not fair. But a few seem to be saying its not "sporting" (in my best British accent)

And its not quite "if you aint cheatin, you aint tryin" because its not . . . quite . . . cheatin.

MY point is that Belicheat is trying his A$$ off to WIN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. Starting with game one.

What are we doing? What is our goal? What is our philosophy?

Edited by maddenboy

Surprise...Surprise,We all knew it was going to happen. Cut after the game. What a piece of work. NFL needs to look into this. But they won`t.

We all knew that he was going to claim the linebacker Detroit cut after us trading him a week ago? And the nfl should look into that?

Could it simply be that he's studied film of the bills and maybe even liked white out of college and wanted to look at linebacker depth? Or is our roster so TERRIBLE that the only reason the pats would ever want our guy is to learn our "secrets" of what Chris white was being taught in preseason games and at open practices.

We all knew that he was going to claim the linebacker Detroit cut after us trading him a week ago? And the nfl should look into that?

Could it simply be that he's studied film of the bills and maybe even liked white out of college and wanted to look at linebacker depth? Or is our roster so TERRIBLE that the only reason the pats would ever want our guy is to learn our "secrets" of what Chris white was being taught in preseason games and at open practices.

Yes. That is the only reason. Welcome to . . . the real world. (in my best Morpheus voice)

There was an article about 3 years ago (to lazy for linky) that Belicheat brings in EVERY quarterback before EVERY draft. To pick their brains, to catalog their strengths and weaknesses, in case he has to face them one day.

THIS is being thorough. THIS is not wasting pre-draft visits on kickers and backup running backs. THIS is doing homework to WIN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR.

What are we doing, exactly, to win the superbowl this year? Putting some nifty guys out there and "lets see what happens?"

We need to be grownups about this. I think Whaley is a grownup. As for Marrone, we'll see.

Edited by maddenboy

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. But the main issue is picking up a player from a team you're going to face then cutting him before the season starts or right after. We picked Milloy up because we could use him on the field, which we did.

Watching film of what?

Preseason? Or Jets/Ravens. Wouldn't be hard. They know our players and their strengths. Match that up with the scheme and you have a pretty decent grasp.

It's not like Whit was apart of any actual game planning for the Pats anyway.