Interesting blurb from La Canfora re. Bills regular season offense

bills44

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23413415/final-nfl-roster-cuts-are-saturday-but-a-lot-of-moves-will-remain Several scouts watching the Bills in the preseason believed the offense they were going to run with rookie quarterback EJ Manuel would look very little like what the team was displaying in the exhibition games. Divisional opponents were bracing for plenty of pistol formations and Manuel out in space, but given all the time he missed in the preseason after what the team called minor surgery -– I heard it was a meniscus repair -– it's still iffy as to when exactly he will be back and even then, if the Bills will curtail some of the read option stuff as he works back into full game shape and health.

This does not sound like a fully informed piece, IMO.

Shocking that Jason LaCanfora has an uniformed piece. Only joker on CBSSports.com with less sense is Prisco.

That being said, Clark Judge and Will Brinson are much better.

What else should a reporter write about this team. This teams starters are either other teams cast offs or inexperienced. Our depth is paper thin. In my over forty years of being a Bills fan, I have never seen a bigger mess to start the season.

Sure, we have Spiller, Stevie Johnson. Then we have a huge drop off of under performing players. We might have some decent prospects from this years draft, but we probably won't know for a couple of years. I will root for this team until they stick me in the ground. I have to say this coaching staff has me scratching my head

Please I hope I'm wrong.

What else should a reporter write about this team. This teams starters are either other teams cast offs or inexperienced. Our depth is paper thin. In my over forty years of being a Bills fan, I have never seen a bigger mess to start the season.

Sure, we have Spiller, Stevie Johnson. Then we have a huge drop off of under performing players. We might have some decent prospects from this years draft, but we probably won't know for a couple of years. I will root for this team until they stick me in the ground. I have to say this coaching staff has me scratching my head

Please I hope I'm wrong.

Well, yes there's that. The way Buffalo completely collapsed against Washington, they just beat us up in a way usually reserved for week 8 or so. It's hard to believe this team is going anywhere when they can't even survive a preseason game, depressing.

Please I hope I'm wrong.

'68, '71, 84', '85..........

Please I hope I'm wrong.

Hmm, the bolded doesn't make sense.

Add to the Byrd, Williams, Williams, Jackson, Glenn, Wood.... etc. You get the idea, but please carry on.

Hmm, the bolded doesn't make sense.

Add to the Byrd, Williams, Williams, Jackson, Glenn, Wood.... etc. You get the idea, but please carry on.

Jackson isn't that good at this stage in his career. He's a solid backup.

Dareus, though an underachiever, has been a very good defensive tackle. Urbik is a solid right guard.