+11.5 Thoughts

11.5 is generous, indeed. Tuel starting, and can you imagine what Brady will do to that secondary???

Its not Brady and all those new receivers the Patriots have.... Its that NE rushing attack that was 7th in the NFL last season.

The Bills shouldn't be worried about their CB situation. They should be more worried about their front 7 and stopping the run.

42-3?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, except for the Washington game, and the Vikings game. Oh, and 22 out of the 26 he started at Wazoo. He did look great in the scrimmage and Colts game though.

In response to your critique of my calling Tuel a "gamer," I guess it depends on how you define "gamer."

To me, its a qb who stands in the pocket and watches the coverage instead of the protection. Its a qb who looks through his progressions, preferring to go downfield first, and taking the checkdown only if he has to. Its a qb who inspires confidence in his team. Its a qb who is out there to win, by kicking the opponent's a$$, and not just to get a paycheck and survive.

Its a guy who plays better on gameday than in practice. And that's where Tuel might fall a little short (probably equal in both; equally rookie-ish). But again, he's an UDFA rookie. Not Elway in the SuperBowl. Considering that, I think he's a gamer. Much moreso than Leinart or Travares or Corp.

Edited by maddenboy

If anyone wants to take the Bills +11.5 please PM me.

any given sunday.

But i am going in thinking a win. against all odds. An outright win .

The Math certainly doesnt work but i would not watch the game if i thought otherwise .

just call me Homey..

and i will pm you .

In response to your critique of my calling Tuel a "gamer," I guess it depends on how you define "gamer."

To me, its a qb who stands in the pocket and watches the coverage instead of the protection. Its a qb who looks through his progressions, preferring to go downfield first, and taking the checkdown only if he has to. Its a qb who inspires confidence in his team. Its a qb who is out there to win, and not just to get a paycheck.

Its a guy who plays better on gameday than in practice. And that's where Tuel might fall a little short. But again, he's an UDFA rookie. Not Elway in the SuperBowl. Considering that, I think he's a gamer. Much moreso than Leinart or Travares or Corp.

you sir are a fan. Bravo !

Go Bills

If anyone wants to take the Bills +11.5 please PM me.

I did

If Tuel starts I see the Pats winning big... until I have reason to see differently the issue is our defense. Despite some vaunted big men on our Dline we seem to get pushed around in the running game year-in and year-out. This will force us to stop the run which in turn will open up the passing game, exposing our secondary. Brady will torch our D. We will give up big chunks of yardage on the ground and in the air. Now yes, this is our home opener and we will have the crowd + emotion to carry the team out of the gates, but just watch how quickly that can evaporate once we are in a hole.

Nothing against Tuel, I like the guy and hope he proves me wrong but I see lots of incompletions and 3-and-outs to set up New England. Spiller alone isn't going to win the game for us, especially if NE stacks the box against him and makes Tuel throw. I think the game will be closer if EJ starts but he is not going to win in a shootout with Tom Brady, and that's what this likely will be.

(Hope I'm wrong)

Edited by Nate128

Honestly, like many posters here, I'm not sure I actually WANT EJ to start.

And as you can infer from my Sig, I want EJ here for a long time.

If he needs an extra week or so to feel like his normal self, I say start Tuel. That's what a backup is FOR.

Some people don't want EJ to start because they are afraid he will injure himself worse.

Then there are people that are less smart that think Tuel is the better QB.

From your posts, you seem to fall in the latter camp.

Some people don't want EJ to start because they are afraid he will injure himself worse.

Then there are people that are less smart that think Tuel is the better QB.

From your posts, you seem to fall in the latter camp.

Wait. What?

You remember how your 5th grade English teacher said that reading comprehension is important in life?

You should have believed her.

Wait. What?

You remember how your 5th grade English teacher said that reading comprehension is important in life?

You should have believed her.

Hopefully when you reach the 5th grade your English teacher will tell you to stay away from football forums, because its become fairly evident you are rather challenged at stating an opinion that is reasonable.

The Bills getting disrespected going up against the Pats* is nothing new and the Bills have earned it. With the Bills inexperienced roster, mediocre preseason, injury at QB, injury to Gilmore, and a talent level that isn't that great I think its OK for the bookies to set a high line even with Gronk out and the Pats* poor pre-season showing.

Overall its not hard to see how the Bills could be huge underdogs I hope we shock the world but its not hard to see what the bookies see esp with Tuel starting.