Bills roster cut down to 50 (-18 then -5 more)

zazie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the Corners that were cut:

ATLANTA

Terrence Johnson

Peyton Thompson

Jordan Mabin

CAROLINA

Drayton Florence

CHICAGO

Demontre Hurst

DALLAS

Xavier Brewer

DETROIT

Chris Greenwood

Ron Bartell

GREEN BAY

Loyce Means

James Nixon

Brandon Smith

MINNESOTA

Brandon Burton

Bobby Felder

NO SAINTS

Chris Carr

Korey Lindsey

Jumal Rolle

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

Charles James

Terrence Frederick

PHILLY

Trevard Lindley

49ERS

Marcus Cooper

Darryl Morris

SEATTLE

Antoine Winfield (retired)

ST LOUIS

Andre Martin

Drew Thomas

Darren Woodard

TAMPA

Deveron Carr

Mason Robinson

WASHINGTON WASHINGTONS

Chase Minnifield

BALTIMORE

Mark Anthony

BUFFALO

Crezdon Butler

CINCI

Chris Lewis-Harris

Onterio McCalebb

Shaun Prater

DENVER

Aaron Hester

HOUSTON

Roc Carmichael

Elbert Mack

INDY

Marshay Green

Sheldon Price

Daxton Swanson

JACKSONVILLE

Kevin Rutland

Marcus Trufant

KC

Kennard Cox

Semaj Moody

MIAMI

Julian Posey

De’Andre Presley

OAKLAND

Joselio Hanson

Chance Casey

PITT

Cornelius Brown

Greg Gatson

William Middleton

Marcus Cromartie

Josh Johnson

TENNESSEE

Khalid Wooten

Our List of eligibles for the PS:

QB Thad Lewis

RB Zach Brown

RB Kendall Gaskins

WR Brandon Kaufman

WR Da'Rick Rogers

TE Nick Provo

T Zebrie Sanders

G Zack Chibane

G Keith Williams

C David Snow

C Ryan Turnley

DL Izaan Cross

OLB Jamie Blatnick

OLB Kourtnei Brown

OLB Keith Pough

ILB Brian Smith

CB Crezdon Butler

CB Kip Edwards

CB T.J. Heath

CB Jumal Rolle

S Jordan Dangerfield

S Dominique Ellis

Of our CBs, I like Butler the most as I think he's malleable (Rolle isn't). Bobby Felder did well against us in the MIN game.

My Bills PS players would be Lewis QB, Kaufman WR, Rogers WR, Gaskins RB, Blatnick OLB, Sanders (would move to OG), Felder CB, and Chris Greenwood CB, who we saw when playing the Lions.

This team needs a guard. At least 1 CB...probably 2. And I have to agree, that with Kolb Ko'd the Bills have some other QB in their line of sight.

They have 2 rookie QBs with 1 recovering from injury on the active roster and 1 of the 2 disaster options Marrone mentioned on IR, so it seems like a no-brainer that they are looking for another QB.

So when should we start to hear about players awarded to the Bills off waivers? This pm or tomorrow?

Tks.

Waiver claims need to be in by noon Eastern. I don't know how long it takes to process the claims and for us to hear something, but I expect we'll start to hear something in the next hour or two.

Good. If the Bills end up losing both EJ and Jeff and are down to the 3rd QB, a guy who would have barely been with the team and barely got any snaps the week prior to the game, they're better off just putting Freddie in at QB and running the Wildcat every play. Probably have the same chance of winning.

Profootballtalk just posted Buffalo is not going to add another QB. Does that pretty much squash that Manuel won't be healthy enough for week one? Why would you go in to week 1 with only 1 healthy quarterback? I think that all but says Manuel will be your week 1 starter.

With that being said I think that gives us 2 CBs and 1 OL that we will be picking up either off waivers or via trade / whatever other source.

Edited by BillsFan3434

A player on the PS can't be called-up during a game. So they are going with just 2 QBs.

Exactly. I guess they could bump Thad up to the active roster if EJ has a setback and is not ready to go, but that would seem like a pretty big gamble since any team could snatch up Thad from the PS at any time. I realize that's not likely, but if it happened and EJ wasn't ready for some reason then we'd be screwed. All that to say I think this is pretty unequivocal evidence that EJ is good to go.

Edited by Reddy Freddy

A player on the PS can't be called-up during a game. So they are going with just 2 QBs.

Or as Caplan just tweeted sign Lewis to the active roster Weds/Thursday if Manuel had a setback