Rolling Stone: Hernandez abused Angel Dust, was close to being cut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where that's implied. It wasn't in my post.

Angel dust is used by gangsters before they engage in activities like driveby shootings because it makes a person feel invincible, and very quick to anger. Fits right in line with AH's behavior. It is still in use.

Ha ha, that's exactly what I thought when I read this. Seriously, who gets "dusted" in this day and age? Did he have a quaalude habit, too?

well 714s were a wonderful drug. if i recall correctly but i may not. half a lude each a bottle of wine with a cute girl was a very pleasant evening indeed .

Angel dust is used by gangsters before they engage in activities like driveby shootings because it makes a person feel invincible, and very quick to anger. Fits right in line with AH's behavior. It is still in use.

Really ? i did not know that. when i sniffed it ,i thought i was gonna die. layed in a field for about 4 hours waiting for Death and his Scythe. horrible. and i had to bail from a teenage orgy with mostly girls.

One of the most horrible experiences i have ever had,

dont tell me you were THERE .

I was and still have the sleeping bag I took (army issue). On top of that I was one of the approximately 30 people who actually bought a ticket......

To add too the experience, and hindsight of course is 20/20 we left right as Hendrix took the stage in the morning I had seen him twice already and who knew he would die. I am still ticked off today for that move but the rain, no food, etc. had us tired and worn even though I was a kid at the time. we hitchhiked there and back. I got the movie and once a year watch to try and spot us. So far no luck.

I was and still have the sleeping bag I took (army issue). On top of that I was one of the approximately 30 people who actually bought a ticket......

To add too the experience, and hindsight of course is 20/20 we left right as Hendrix took the stage in the morning I had seen him twice already and who knew he would die. I am still ticked off today for that move but the rain, no food, etc. had us tired and worn even though I was a kid at the time. we hitchhiked there and back. I got the movie and once a year watch to try and spot us. So far no luck.

wow. can i say anymore than that..

Glad you all can tell the story regardless of Jimi's mishap and early demise.

Funny thing about a lot of Bills fans i am noticin' lately Most of you MFs are pretty damned cool when i get a glimpse.

Go Bills Fans!

Where are the Pats* defenders now?

Kraft and Hoodie both said they knew nothing, right?

Perhaps the organization should be sued for criminal negligence.

Other than our resident taint-licker Pats* fans, did anyone here actually believe Kraft or Belichick when they claimed ignorance?

I did lots of that AD stuff when I was a kid, I just loved it. We had a good source too a trainer/doc at a local track. A shoe box full cost us all of 90$ and we could sell it for more than 2000$, I paid my first 2 years of school with that money (well I sold weed and micro dots too but that was mostly so I wouldn't have to pay for them). I only knew one kid that flipped a little when he took it and not that badly either, I always wondered how lucky we were.

The article in its entirety is now available online:

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

It was co-written by Paul Solotaroff, a contributing editor to Rolling Stone, and Ron Borges, a columnist at the Boston Herald. Borges has had a contentious relationship with Belichick, and is generally loathed by most Patriots fans. It doesn't surprise me he is the local insider on this article as he has no bridges left to burn with the Patriots organization.

funny. i've been around the block, ya know.. and, well, it's only the people who have never been near the stuff who call it angel dust. just, silly, what a silly name. who says that. haha. wow.

i guess the headline "Hernandez did PCP..." wouldn't generate enough hits. but some idiot journalist who has never been near the stuff decides to use an outdated street name... brilliant.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

The union has to fight for that bonus. I have a feeling they wont fight hard though

Yeah, the NFLPA is between a rock and a hard place on this one. They can't afford to set a dangerous precedent by not seeking payment of the bonus.

interesting, yeah, i think it probably depends on the methods of production. hard to tell sometimes where stuff comes from, if you get a bad batch, look out, bad news. if somebody actually knows what they're doing, usually most people can tolerate and enjoy these sorts of things. otherwise, millions of people wouldn't be doing it and not being caught. the story is silly, it's a stupid headline. AH DOES ANGEL DUST. Give me something I can use....

Urban Meyer seems like a real schmuck though...

I did lots of that AD stuff when I was a kid, I just loved it. We had a good source too a trainer/doc at a local track. A shoe box full cost us all of 90$ and we could sell it for more than 2000$, I paid my first 2 years of school with that money (well I sold weed and micro dots too but that was mostly so I wouldn't have to pay for them). I only knew one kid that flipped a little when he took it and not that badly either, I always wondered how lucky we were.

The article in its entirety is now available online:

http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle

It was co-written by Paul Solotaroff, a contributing editor to Rolling Stone, and Ron Borges, a columnist at the Boston Herald. Borges has had a contentious relationship with Belichick, and is generally loathed by most Patriots fans. It doesn't surprise me he is the local insider on this article as he has no bridges left to burn with the Patriots organization.

interesting article all around. not a lot of it ground breaking info, but rolling stone does love them an in depth look at a criminal. reminded me a lot of their recent article on the boston bomber as far as structure and content. honestly, it was missing a lot of stuff that i expected to be in it. outside of the details of the drug use, and a few details of dynamics within the pats organization - several on this board couldve written about as detailed an article a month ago.

im sure the info about the pats security teams will get a lot of discussion on the board.

Interesting excerpt.

In his first remarks after Odin Lloyd’s murder, Robert Kraft described himself as “duped” by Hernandez, saying he’d had no knowledge of his troubles. That is arrant nonsense: Every team knew him as a badly damaged kid with a circle of dangerous friends and a substance problem.

And what I learned in the article, which wasn't in other reports, that Belichick had the ex-state trooper who was the head of Pats security replaced in 2003 by someone from England who didn't have the local law enforcement contacts the former chief did. Big mistake on his part. Someone would reported Hernandez' behavior and unsavory associations to the team long before Lloyd's murder if this hadn't happened.

Edited by Golden Wheels