Rolling Stone: Hernandez abused Angel Dust, was close to being cut

You are right. You never know what will happen and a single juror could derail the whole thing.

There is just no doubt in my mind that he's 100% guilty and I am pretty confident the prosecution will show that, but anything could happen. You always have to take that into consideration and don't have to look too far to see examples (Casey Anthony).

Exactly - should be an interesting one to watch unfold.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The union has to fight for that bonus. I have a feeling they wont fight hard though

The bonus is for offseason workouts which happened prior to the arrest, so The NFLPA is going to fight for it as hard as they would for anyone else. It is not about him, its about setting precedent, you give the NFL ways to not pay for any reason and it is a slippery slope to go down. They will fight for the contract to be followed, not for him. The rules must be followed every time in each case per the contract.

Jonathan Kraft strongly disputing the missed practices and says BB had never heard the "my life is in danger" part.

Could be arguing semantics or could be truly disputing it. I just heard it secondhand so I can't give too much detail or opinion

Except what if they never find the gun and two of the three guys that were actually there swear (Hernandez and Wallace) that it was the third's original idea, and that he took the gun and shot Odin when all the other two wanted to do was scare him?

I'm not sure that works as a defense. Typically if a death occurs in the commission of a felony, the killer and all accomplices can be charged with murder, the classic case being when someone is killed during a robbery, the getaway car driver can be charged with murder. I'm guessing that there's a felony somewhere in that plan to scare Odin.

• 4 weeks later...