Marrone on EJ:

Espn just reported marrone said EJ needs to start practicing by wed in order to be ready for week one. I am assuming that he meant tomorrow? I am not so sure now...

He's most likely talking about the Wednesday of game (next) week when the installations usually occur.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the I. Rapaport thread, but EJ has already been running cone drills on the practice field and is doing bike work. All of the Tuel Time talk is cute and whatnot, but it seems pretty clear to me EJ will get a full week of practice in and should be starting on 9/8. The cautious talk from Marrone is for the media's (and Belichick's) benefit.

Exactly how I feel.

He would be an idiot to come out and say Manuel is starting. How bout if he kept the secret until opening day, a sellout crowd sees Manuel trot out ...and the place goes bonkers.

Impossible

1. Rookie QB

2. Rookie QB was a first round pick in last draft.

3. Rookie QB is potentially the new face of the franchise.

4. Rookie QB has surgery.

5. Rookie QB misses large amounts of practice/playing time during pre-season from surgery.

What's the rush? Honestly folks, what exactly is the rush? What's the point of forcing anything? Let him at least have a full week of practice before making his first NFL start. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Decades of watching horrible football and we as fans can't wait until Week 2?

1. Rookie QB

5. Rookie QB misses large amounts of practice/playing time during pre-season from surgery.

What's the rush? Honestly folks, what exactly is the rush? What's the point of forcing anything? Let him at least have a full week of practice before making his first NFL start. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

You don't start a winning streak by putting an UDFA put there against the Patriots. Rookie QB wants to play. Let Rookie QB play.

1. Rookie QB

He's our best QB regardless of how much practice time he gets.

I think the decision isn't up to the doctors, that they'll clear him to play with a brace on and probably already have.

Marrone needs to determine whether or not they can protect him from the NE pass rush. Our line isn't that good guys, and in a few spots it's looking downright weak. As much as I want to see EJ play, I think its too early for him considering he won't have taken many snaps at all leading up to the opener, he's a rookie, and his knee is probably still not 100 percent.

It sucks but I think Tuel is going to be our starter week 1 and I'm coming to grips with it.