I. Rapoport on Tuel/Manuel.

Rapoport, a prominent reporter, mentions that D. Whaley thinks that the Bills may have really found something in Jeff Tuel.

He also mentions that the Bills are simply being cautious with Manuel and that Manuel will start Week 1 vs NE if all goes as planned within the next week and a half.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234676/article/buffalo-bills-believe-they-have-something-in-jeff-tuel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Whaley would try to sell an ice berg to an Eskimo if he could. This is great news because we have reason to believe he is going to be good but I set my personal ceiling on Frank Reich type career.

I am ok with Frank Riech type player... as long as we have a near HOF QB to start.

we have reason to believe he is going to be good but I set my personal ceiling on Frank Reich type career.

And if he gets to that level, we should all be celebrating his signing as one of the great moves of the Whaley era.

Put yourself in the GM's chair answering that question from Rapoport. What are you supposed to say? No, we don't think we hit on anything with Jeff Tuel. He's just a camp arm and I can't believe you even asked me that question.

I get what you are saying but I don't know if I agree. Whaley could have said something like, "Jeff's done some good things and there are some things he needs to improve." Or, "EJ's hurt so Jeff's gonna need to step up." Or something else equally vague and noncommittal. Saying there's a 'little something to him' seems like a genuine sentiment. Though it's not an overwhelming compliment.

Isn't this the blue print for most Super Bowl runs?

Well, the Rams with Warner and the Pats* with Brady went to the Super Bowl when the starters on those teams went down and they were nobodies/late round/UDFA just like ole Jeff Tuel.....one never knows!

Put yourself in the GM's chair answering that question from Rapoport. What are you supposed to say? No, we don't think we hit on anything with Jeff Tuel. He's just a camp arm and I can't believe you even asked me that question.

Well if that is your take, why ask a GM anything?

Doug Whaley would try to sell an ice berg to an Eskimo if he could. This is great news because we have reason to believe he is going to be good but I set my personal ceiling on Frank Reich type career.

If Tuel could be as efficient and have a career like Frank Reich... that would be GREAT..

I'm assuming EJ starts week one, but after all the stuff from yesterday, luck isnt on our side

Luck would have been on our side if we were 0-16 two years ago!!

Another national reporter out-scooping the local guys. Seems to be a pretty common occurrence.

I listened to Tim Graham on SiriusXM yesterday morning, discussing the Gilmore injury and QB situation. There was absolutely no new or inside information presented; just a lot of "I guess" and "I think." Thankfully that interview took place before the Byrd press conference, or we would have also heard Tim "opine" that Byrd is a depressed, downtrodden ballplayer who is only looking for the exit sign.

It's interesting because the one single thing I remember about Reich before he actually got a chance to play in a regular season game (the Monday night gave vs. the Rams) was that he looked terrible in preseason games...I'm not saying I remember everything because that was a long time ago...But I do remember specifically thinking he was going to be awful based on what I saw in preseason...And obviously he proved me very wrong... B-)

Another national reporter out-scooping the local guys. Seems to be a pretty common occurrence.

I listened to Tim Graham on SiriusXM yesterday morning, discussing the Gilmore injury and QB situation. There was absolutely no new or inside information presented; just a lot of "I guess" and "I think." Thankfully that interview took place before the Byrd press conference, or we would have also heard Tim "opine" that Byrd is a depressed, downtrodden ballplayer who is only looking for the exit sign.

Tim Graham does NOT speculate!!!!!!!! (so says Tim)