Key to the Patriots game is gonna be Freddie

I know he's looked a little slow this pre-season, but I'm telling you right now Freddy is going to be the key to this opening day win.

Our line is still not great, and NE will bring pressure with 4, 5 and even 6 guys. Freddy will play as many downs as CJ because they'll stack the box (like anyone would play a rookie qb with a great backfield) and we'll need to have a solid pass protecting back that can stop the rush, pick up the blitz etc.

Hackett will run some shovel passes, counters, screens and delays with big 22 hammering away and burning clock to keep Brady on the sidelines. Lets face it, we're outmatched offensively, so it works in our favor to slowly move the chains, not try to hit home run bombs. Freddy is as healthy as he's going to be all year, and we're gonna need him next sunday.

I think he'll have as many yards as CJ.

so it works in our favor to slowly move the chains, not try to hit home run bombs. Freddy is as healthy as he's going to be all year, and we're gonna need him next sunday.

This week we'll see if all the talk by Hackett Jr. and Coach Marrone that they design their offense around the players they have is true, or just coach speak. (Coach Gailey said the same thing.) If we come out and run the hurry up no huddle spread 'em out passing attack we know it's just coach speak.

Actually I think the key will be the D. If we have any chance to win regardless of who our QB turns out to be, we'll need to stop Brady and Co. And throw out the hurry up. Keep Brady off the field and run the damn ball. It might help to to put in BIG BAD THAD or Brad Davis and run some read option plays.

We're gonna have to pull out all the tricks. Try like heck to get Goodwin to break one. Maybe Leodis breaks it on a punt. Let our QB throw long bombs to Goodwin every 5th play or so to keep them honest. Maybe we'll hit a few or get PI.

Have some Tuel Time plays using our standard O whatever that is. Also have a BIG BAD THAD package with some read option and roll out passes. Throw in some trick plays. Keep 'em guessing.

Last 2 paragraphs of course assume EJ is not playing. If he is, forget all that and let him do what he does.

I want to see just how creative Hackett Jr and Coach Marrone can be.

This week we'll see if all the talk by Hackett Jr. and Coach Marrone that they design their offense around the players they have is true, or just coach speak. (Coach Gailey said the same thing.) If we come out and run the hurry up no huddle spread 'em out passing attack we know it's just coach speak.

Actually I think the key will be the D. If we have any chance to win regardless of who our QB turns out to be, we'll need to stop Brady and Co. And throw out the hurry up. Keep Brady off the field and run the damn ball. It might help to to put in BIG BAD THAD or Brad Davis and run some read option plays.

We're gonna have to pull out all the tricks. Try like heck to get Goodwin to break one. Maybe Leodis breaks it on a punt. Let our QB throw long bombs to Goodwin every 5th play or so to keep them honest. Maybe we'll hit a few or get PI.

Have some Tuel Time plays using our standard O whatever that is. Also have a BIG BAD THAD package with some read option and roll out passes. Throw in some trick plays. Keep 'em guessing.

Last 2 paragraphs of course assume EJ is not playing. If he is, forget all that and let him do what he does.

I want to see just how creative Hackett Jr and Coach Marrone can be.

I agree. It's on our defense. Minus Gilmore, that seems unlikely though.

You think mckelvin will be returning punts now? I'd have to question marrone on that move with Gilmore out.

I was thinking along the same lines. The offense is gonna have to be designed to take as much pressure off Tuel as possible. I'm thinking lots of screens and draw plays. Oh, how I hope they use the heck out of Summers. I'd like to see him knock Mayo on his arse during a CJ run. As far as the defense goes, Brady is gonna make his completions. NE will score points. I just don't want them winning the time of possesion battle. Our D can't keep going back after a 3 and out by our O if we want a chance of winning.

I know he's looked a little slow this pre-season, but I'm telling you right now Freddy is going to be the key to this opening day win.

Our line is still not great, and NE will bring pressure with 4, 5 and even 6 guys. Freddy will play as many downs as CJ because they'll stack the box (like anyone would play a rookie qb with a great backfield) and we'll need to have a solid pass protecting back that can stop the rush, pick up the blitz etc.

Hackett will run some shovel passes, counters, screens and delays with big 22 hammering away and burning clock to keep Brady on the sidelines. Lets face it, we're outmatched offensively, so it works in our favor to slowly move the chains, not try to hit home run bombs. Freddy is as healthy as he's going to be all year, and we're gonna need him next sunday.

The key players are actually going to be Mario and Carrington. If these two guys can put the heat on Brady and keep his A** on the floor of RWS, we got a chance

I disagree with everyone here. Run the same offense as they have been running since the first minicamp, only more aggressive.

Fug time of possession, it's # of plays that matter. BB has got to expect a conservative game plan with lots of short slants, screens, draws etc, power run plays and game plan accordingly . While I got faith in Tuel, he ain't beating BB if we run what they expect.

You tell me..if we lose 38-14 is that worse than losing 21-10?

They will have to adjust away from the no huddle to give more time for our defense to rest and put pressure on Brady. I'm worried like all due to the Gilmore injury. I'm actually praying soemone is put on waivers better than our guys. Gilmore was going to be Pettine's Revis.

WE go 3 and out over and over, and we're toast. Brady will cut us to shreds. Pray Manuel comes back and healthy. If Amendola goes out early, Brady will not have the best options for passing, and epxect them to run a lot. We did not stop the run at all at Washington.

I

They will have to adjust away from the no huddle to give more time for our defense to rest and put pressure on Brady. I'm worried like all due to the Gilmore injury. I'm actually praying soemone is put on waivers better than our guys. Gilmore was going to be Pettine's Revis.

WE go 3 and out over and over, and we're toast. Brady will cut us to shreds. Pray Manuel comes back and healthy. If Amendola goes out early, Brady will not have the best options for passing, and epxect them to run a lot. We did not stop the run at all at Washington.

I am really worried about the newly-built Steven Ridley who rushed for 1250 yards and 12 TDs last season. If our front seven cannot stop him, we will have a LONG Day at Orchard Park

I disagree with everyone here. Run the same offense as they have been running since the first minicamp, only more aggressive.

Fug time of possession, it's # of plays that matter. BB has got to expect a conservative game plan with lots of short slants, screens, draws etc, power run plays and game plan accordingly . While I got faith in Tuel, he ain't beating BB if we run what they expect.

You tell me..if we lose 38-14 is that worse than losing 21-10?

I totally agree. If you go into a shell and do exactly what they expect you to do, you might minimize the damage.

Spit in their eye and take the fight to them or what's the point?

43 is the mike ! It's over boys. Cement shoes Freddy ain't the one.

Freddy has always had good games against the Patriots, which is originally why I thought the OP brought this up. :blink:

But CJ is the man now. He'll be used until he throws up, remember?