Does Lewis & Leinhart get 1 preseason game to make the roster?

With this late in the season and with the Bills already having Manuel (who will be our starter) and Tuel who will be a backup, I can't imagine the Bills keeping 4 QB's on the roster during the regular season. So, if that's the case is this a "one and done" deal for both Leinhart and Lewis?

With this late in the season and with the Bills already having Manuel (who will be our starter) and Tuel who will be a backup, I can't imagine the Bills keeping 4 QB's on the roster during the regular season. So, if that's the case is this a "one and done" deal for both Leinhart and Lewis?

If Tuel starts preseason and has a good game, it is a good possibility that Tuel will be starting against New England in week 1, because he has spent 4 months in this offense and Leinart would be his backup. Amazing how the NFL breaks work. If he sucks, then he gets cut outright or goes to PS.

I live in Los Angeles (born and raised in Rochester) and when Leinart was at USC, he was a big damn deal. People who followed college ball talked about him ALL THE TIME. Needless to say, he was a huge disappointment in Arizona, and had a bad attitude to boot. My jaw dropped when I saw him going to Buffalo today. I took a quick look at his stats- he's only started two games in the last five years. My understanding of him now is that he's a huge guy with a not very strong arm.

Do they or does they? We shall see. :rolleyes:

It sounds funky, but I believe that is the technically correct form. Even if that's the case, I'd still go with the non-correct version just based on how it sounds. Edited by ko12010

yuuuup

I live in Los Angeles (born and raised in Rochester) and when Leinart was at USC, he was a big damn deal. People who followed college ball talked about him ALL THE TIME. Needless to say, he was a huge disappointment in Arizona, and had a bad attitude to boot. My jaw dropped when I saw him going to Buffalo today. I took a quick look at his stats- he's only started two games in the last five years. My understanding of him now is that he's a huge guy with a not very strong arm.

Matt Barkley is Matt Leinart 2.0.

Just saw this above: "Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 26m

Just a guess, but Thad Lewis probably acquired to run the scout team so Tuel and Leinart get as many legit practice reps as possible.

Retweeted by Bills Daily"

You trade away a guy who would have been on your final roster for a scout team QB .... I doubt it? There are plenty of unemployed exCollege QB's that could perform that duty. My prediction, in the end Lewis will prove to be a better option than Lienhart. He may even end up being the longterm backup (that is, if Kolb is really done).

Matt Barkley is Matt Leinart 2.0.

I could see that. One thing about Barkley, though, is that his stock fell dramatically before the draft. Leinart went round one, and anybody who was even vaguely a USC fan thought he was going to be the next Payton Manning.

You trade away a guy who would have been on your final roster for a scout team QB .... I doubt it? There are plenty of unemployed exCollege QB's that could perform that duty. My prediction, in the end Lewis will prove to be a better option than Lienhart. He may even end up being the longterm backup (that is, if Kolb is really done).

I have to believe that with these two acquisitions, Kolb is done.

don't like that they traded a solid backup and good special teamer in White over some guy who's never gona make it. :thumbdown:

Let's look at the QB situation.

Yesterday, shortly before kickoff, our QB depth chart (if you had access to Marrone's office) would probably look something like:

1) EJ

2) Kolb

3) Tuel

4) Brad Smith

What changed in yesterday's game?

1) EJ: nothing

2) Kolb's career is (possibly) over

3) Tuel played like garbage

4) Brad Smith did nothing of importance

So, with 2 QBs signed today, we can assume Leinart is replacing Kolb and Lewis is going to replace either Tuel or Smith on the roster.

Bottom line: a week from now, look for Tuel or Smith to be released.

It sounds funky, but I believe that is the technically correct form. Even if that's the case, I'd still go with the non-correct version just based on how it sounds.

Im pretty confident it would do with the plural and does if it was a singular subject.

don't like that they traded a solid backup and good special teamer in White over some guy who's never gona make it. :thumbdown:

At least this regime is not sitting and doing nothing. The QB situation is a real mess. I hope this simply does not demotivate the rest of the team. All that they built over training camp should not go waste. This is where the team leaders need to step up.