Bears Bostic fined for hit

What is going on in the NFL these days?? What you can't hit anybody hard anymore? I thought this was just a good old fashion hard clean tackle .

What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232296/article/jon-bostic-fined-for-hit-bears-lance-briggs-tweets

Keep in mind there was no flag on the play.

Yet dude was still fined a whopping 21 K for this hit .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is going on in the NFL these days?? What you can't hit anybody hard anymore? I thought this was just a good old fashion hard clean tackle .

What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/n...e-briggs-tweets

He hit him just below the shoulders in the pads. I see nothing wrong with this hit. NFL is becoming a joke with these hit fines. Why not just play flag football?

its much closer to H2H than some of you want to give credit for.... and he did himself no favors standing over the guy jawing.

hes still got an appeal as well, so id temper the rage and flag football comments a little bit. we dont know if he will pay a penny yet.

The part that really sucks is, that one hit, that one questionable hit... that looks like he uses his shoulders mostly AND wraps up the tackle, costs him more than 5% of his salary.

Can you imaging having 5% of your salary docked for something so stupid?

its much closer to H2H than some of you want to give credit for.... and he did himself no favors standing over the guy jawing.

hes still got an appeal as well, so id temper the rage and flag football comments a little bit. we dont know if he will pay a penny yet.

I would have been ok if the fine was for that (but a less severe fine).

The part that really sucks is, that one hit, that one questionable hit... that looks like he uses his shoulders mostly AND wraps up the tackle, costs him more than 5% of his salary.

Can you imaging having 5% of your salary docked for something so stupid?

I saw the same. it looks like a perfectly legal tackle/hit. Instead he should have just gone low at his knee and ended the guys carrer. He would still have the $21,000 to his name. /sarcasm

I'd like to see an explanation for this. Listening to an NFL spokesman recently he mentioned only the crown of the helmet (when used as a spear) is a pena;lty. Face mask hits are OK. This play clearly shows o helmet at all.

I'm scared for the Bills this year. I think about it a lot. Especially when playing a very popular AFC East QB who will remain nameless.

I'll lose my mind if Buffalo is used as a safe haven (no big media, unknown coach, small market) by the NFL to emphasize their safe hit agenda.

If you watch the reply real close you see the ref was standing right there. I quite sure he heard what he said. If the ref thought he was taunting him the yellow hankie would have come out.

Im sure Bostic was just reacting to a great hit. Again there was no flag on the play....just an awful fine for to me a clean play.

Ok, so the hit is a little high. Not quite helmet to helmet. To me, it looks like he leads with his shoulder and an attempt at a wrap up, with how his arms are positioned. Not helping the problem, the WR crouches his body right before taking the hit, while Bostic is already in tackle motion. The original tackle motion was likely aimed directly at the mid section, but since the WR lowered himself, probably in hopes of getting his shoulder all the way down, he took the hit in his upper chest.

I still don't see how this is an illegal hit. Definitely not worth 5% of a guy's salary. :thumbdown:

post-13793-0-73089500-1377106016_thumb.jpg

post-13793-0-26936500-1377106023_thumb.jpg

post-13793-0-27914200-1377106036_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dorkington

What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/n...e-briggs-tweets

Insane in the membrane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you watch the reply real close you see the ref was standing right there. I quite sure he heard what he said. If the ref thought he was taunting him the yellow hankie would have come out.

Im sure Bostic was just reacting to a great hit. Again there was no flag on the play....just an awful fine for to me a clean play.

well, its still possible it gets appealed and overturned. contrary to popular belief, it has happened before.

I'd like to see an explanation for this. Listening to an NFL spokesman recently he mentioned only the crown of the helmet (when used as a spear) is a pena;lty. Face mask hits are OK. This play clearly shows o helmet at all.

I'm scared for the Bills this year. I think about it a lot. Especially when playing a very popular AFC East QB who will remain nameless.

I'll lose my mind if Buffalo is used as a safe haven (no big media, unknown coach, small market) by the NFL to emphasize their safe hit agenda.

That hasn't been the case to date. Also, why would you use a non-media market to emphasize an agenda?