[closed]The Da'rick Dilemma.

Would the Bills really cut D. Rogers in favor of guys like Hogan, B. Smith, Easley?? Some writers are already predicting it. Essentially, the Bills can only afford to keep SIX WRs. SJ, Woods, Graham, Goodwin are all locks at this point. That leaves only two spots available for guys like Hogan, B. Smith, Easley, Kaufmann, and D. Rogers to fight over. If you're Marrone you'd like to keep as many as possible, which is why you cut Easley and Kaufmann and move them to the PS. Now you're left to choose two from Hogan, B. Smith, and D. Rogers. If you cut Rogers there is no way that he'll clear waivers since half the league tried to sign him originally as an undrafted FA. Thus, my decision would be to keep Rogers based upon his huge upside (I think you have to consider his entire body of work (i.e. practices and preseason games). I would keep B. Smith over Hogan because Hogan nothing more than a possession WR and B. Smith tremendous versatility far outweighs that. The end result: The Bills keep SJ/Woods/Graham/Goodwin/B. Smith/D. Rogers with Easley and Kaufmann on the PS. Your thoughts??

The better question is "why is everyone so enamored with a WR that had one good season four years ago?" Realistically, it's not like this guy lit it up against mediocre competition at Tenn St.

I know we would love to find a gem but maybe, just maybe, Da'rick isn't that good!

New England needs wide receivers. Maybe Belichick picks up DaRick and makes him a star. Belichick is a master at reforming some of these immature players. You add the fact that he would have the best QB in the NFL throwing to him and you can see where DaRick could flourish in New England.

Like Ochocinco did?

New England needs wide receivers. Maybe Belichick picks up DaRick and makes him a star. Belichick is a master at reforming some of these immature players. You add the fact that he would have the best QB in the NFL throwing to him and you can see where DaRick could flourish in New England.

He sure worked wonders with Chad Ocho Cinco. <_<

Talent isn't worth jack squat without the will to use it. So the Hoodie made one head case (Randy Moss) walk the straight and narrow for a couple seasons and all of a sudden he's Father Baker? Way to perpetuate a myth.

Easley could get picked off the PS just as easily as Rogers. The answer might be dumping Kolb and go with Brad Smith as your #3 QB.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He sure worked wonders with Chad Ocho Cinco. <_<

Talent isn't worth jack squat without the will to use it. So the Hoodie made one head case (Randy Moss) walk the straight and narrow for a couple seasons and all of a sudden he's Father Baker? Way to perpetuate a myth.

PTR

Well, belichick really did control Ocho-Stinko character-wise. He just didn't produce on the field. Corey Dillon and Moss both come to mind as players who he got to behave and produce. Ryan Mallet, Donte Stallworth, Brandon Spikes; all guys who have had character issues elsewhere, but not with New England. It really is not a myth. Winning is so powerful. Players take Belichick so seriously for one reason, he wins. Because of that they tend to take his advice more seriously, he can demand more of them.

Hernandez ?

The answer might be dumping Kolb and go with Brad Smith as your #3 QB.

IF it weren't for the EJ injury this might be something to consider. However,the EJ injury is a reality. Do we really want a UFDA rookie who was not very good in college and injury riddled to boot as our only backup to a guy coming off knee surgery? I don't think this is even worth considering. Kolb did OK Friday night after the first couple of series. He'll be OK. I take Kolb on the team over our 7th best WR in TC all day long.

Brad Smith is a QB in name only. He can't pass and if all he can do is run the wildcat, Fred could do that. Heck, Fred is a better passer too. I believe the coaching staff views Tuel Time as a long term project only and not ready for prime time. Smart move. We need a real backup like Kevin.

If Rogers is not playing well enough to make our roster, why are we so worried about if he'll get picked up by someone else or not? I've even seen the suggestion that we keep him even though he hasn't earned a spot so no one else gets him. I don't get this.

Why is Graham considered to be safe by so many? What has he ever done? Besides dropping passes and running wrong routes? I see him as on the bubble. Sure he was a traded up for 3rd round pick, but not Coach Marrone's 3rd round pick.

Here's my list and I only keep 6 (cuz I'm keeping Kevin): SJ/Woods/Goodwin/Smith/Easley/Kaufman.

Edited by reddogblitz

Man I can't wait for this to be over with. This is such a played out discussion, not only on here but amongst my friends as well. I don't know why the OP thinks they are only going to keep 6 WR's. I would wager that they keep 7 this year. And I certainly don't understand how he could think that Marcus Easley is not going to make this football team. FWIW, I don't care who the 7th WR is because he's not going to play anyway, but honestly, I think Marcus Easley may very well start the season as the #3 WR on the Bills. He was slated to be their #2 two years ago before he got hurt right before the season started. He's not going to get cut. And he's not just a simple possession WR with no ceiling. He is completely jacked and insanely fast. Really question how you've arrived at these conclusions.