SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like I quite stupidly booked a cruise several months ago to coincide with the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. I am an idiot.

Yeah that sucks but my boss got back from a cruise. It was during the NFL playoffs & he said the main pool they had this huge tv almost like a scoreboard on each end of the deck with the playoff games on. I am sure they will have something similar for the tournament. Not a bad way to watch the first weekend of the tournament, sitting poolside in 80 degree weather with a Matei. In fact that sound like an awesome way to watch the tournament as long as your wife/significant other doesn't mind.

Yeah that sucks but my boss got back from a cruise. It was during the NFL playoffs & he said the main pool they had this huge tv almost like a scoreboard on each end of the deck with the playoff games on. I am sure they will have something similar for the tournament. Not a bad way to watch the first weekend of the tournament, sitting poolside in 80 degree weather with a Matei. In fact that sound like an awesome way to watch the tournament as long as your wife/significant other doesn't mind.

Good call, man. This could be better than I thought. (The issue will be my wife, but she will tolerate at least Syracuse games).

It looks like I quite stupidly booked a cruise several months ago to coincide with the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. I am an idiot.

When you booked it, you probably thought SU would be easily cruising through that weekend themselves.

Jerami Grant practiced fully yesterday per Mike Waters Tweet. Said he "looked a little stiff" but participated fully in all drills.

Personally, I think they should sit him until at least the ACC tourney.

Agreed.

If Duke wins tomorrow night SU is locked in the second seed.

Hopefully that happens then they can rest Grant the whole game and after everyone else gets a bit of a warm up let the walk-ons get their time in.

When you booked it, you probably thought SU would be easily cruising through that weekend themselves.

So true. I was figuring a first round game against a 16, and then likely breezing by an 8/9.

What could happen is we drop to a 3, and the first weekend games become a fight.

Plus, with this team, seems like every game is a 2-point game.

So true. I was figuring a first round game against a 16, and then likely breezing by an 8/9.

What could happen is we drop to a 3, and the first weekend games become a fight.

Plus, with this team, seems like every game is a 2-point game.

If they are a top 4 seed, they will come to Buffalo, right? If so, that should really help.

Yeah, MSG I think is out unless they run the table, including the ACC tourney.

I don't think that's true. A win over FSU is a must, obviously. They certainly need to make some noise in the ACC tourney, but I don't think they need to win it to get the 2 seed in the east. Plus, you never know what's going to happen with other teams.

If they are a top 4 seed, they will come to Buffalo, right? If so, that should really help.

IIRC, top 4 seeds get placed in the closest tournament site to campus. So Syracuse and Villanova are virtual locks for Buffalo