Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got lots of press early, very little in the games so far. With WR's sitting out last night's game you'd think he would get more of an opportunity. My 100% speculation is that they are going to try to sneak him onto the practice squad so they're not giving him much of an opportunity in the games. Whatcha think, is this possible or does his practice play not warrant more game time? What do the folks who have watched some of the practices think?

They will cut Rogers and Hogan or Easley , and try to sneak Hogan or Easley onto the practice squad as teams will grab Rogers first.

Someone help me with the logic here.

Each year, there are few if any teams that keep all seven of their draft picks on their active roster. No team chose to give even a 7th round flyer on Da'Rick. When it was over, 17 teams I think it was wanted to sign him, for nothing. Why does everyone assume that because 17 teams wanted him in the 8th round, when not any of these teams are going to keep all the 7 players they drafted and chose before him, are going to scoop him up and cut another one of their own receivers, especially when he didn't light it up in pre-season.

If they were so sure of him eventually turning into something enough to keep him on their active roster without ever really seeing him play, why wouldn't they have drafted him in the 6th or 7th round?

Do you think that he'll be picked up by another NFL team if the Bills cut him loose?

Do you think that he'll be picked up by another NFL team if the Bills cut him loose?

i think that the Bills would have a tough time getting him on their PS. he may not be picked up for someone's 53, but he may decide that another teams PS is a better fit (or a more fun city) and go that route. If we cut him, he is likely gone, in any event, one way or the other,

On the eve of the season, probably not. But that's just a guess and I think there is a decent chance of it. I have no way of knowing whether he is liking his experience here or not (he almost certainly was hoping to get more game time). If I had to guess, I think they keep him.

Besides Easley not being eligible for practice squad, I think Easley would get snapped up quicker than Rogers. The tape don't lie.

This

The one thing that would drive me crazy as a coach is lack of effort. Especially when you weren't drafted.

and this is more important.

i will leave it to the coaches but from the outside lookoing in i am less than impressed. By alot.

Was it worth a shot ? hell yes. another reason i like the new regime

Besides Easley not being eligible for practice squad, I think Easley would get snapped up quicker than Rogers. The tape don't lie.

The tape does lie - a lot. Especially in preseason. It's fair to debate Easley vs Rogers but... I felt that needed saying still

My take is Summers is playing well as a FB and even better on special teams. He gives the Bills a dimension they don't get from other players. If they don't keep a FB, then we've learned the coaches are fully embracing subterfuge. Why spend time on plays with a FB if they aren't going to be in the playbook (or is it just for our defenses benefit)? Or perhaps he'll be the final cut, and we just abandon the position to make those last tough roster decisions. I'm just saying I think having a FB gives us more choices than keeping 7 WRs and no FB.

And no way would I keep Summers over Easley. But Hogan, Kaufman and Rogers? Yes, I like them all, but I think Summers helps us more now. I'd love to have any of the other guys on the PS (or of course the final 53, if we can fit them).

For some strange reason I like summers too. With all the burners on this team I think an old school FB does ad something. Especially in short yardage and goal line. When he lead blocks he really hits it up in there. I remember him catching a couple passes too last game.

If they did want to keep summers is it crazy to cut lee smith, gragg to practice squad and let Dickerson back up chandler?

The tape does lie - a lot. Especially in preseason. It's fair to debate Easley vs Rogers but... I felt that needed saying still

How 'bout practice tape? Doesn't practice tape help decide who gets on preseason tape? I thought I heard a coach or two say the tape doesn't lie.

Edited by HurlyBurly51

I think he makes the team .... I think that may be fuel for the fire that Marrone is seemly burning (the fact that he isn't happy about it and expressing it publicly) but you don't release a potential star in the making, even if they have some issues. Especially when they are on the cheap and you have invested some pretty valuable time in them already.

That is a bite in the ass that no one wants. Imagine the Pats* pick him up and we have to see Randy Moss/ Eric Moulds .2 wtf man. He is worth more than a few of the CBs we have at the moment, even if we have to keep 8 wrs for 2 years to find it out (and yes all that is just based on his potential alone).

We bet on him with our bid to get him in the first place, IMO that is going to insure he sticks (no matter what coach speak we hear). Unless, he breaks a rule and is caught like he was @ Tenn, then he burned the bridge (he was forewarned). Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by bowery4