Rogers after two practice games

Beerball

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, showcasing for potential trades?! Someone out there is gonna give us something for Hogan or Kaufman?! Hahaha!

Smart not to expose Rogers?! The guy is an undrafted player with character issues and hasn't performed in games. He's getting cut, deal with it. Wow, people have talked about the myth and legend of Easley over the years, but this Da'Rick guys fanboys takes the cake!

Hasn't performed in games? Three targets, two catches, and one TD. Yeah...he hasn't performed at all. :lol:

Wow, showcasing for potential trades?! Someone out there is gonna give us something for Hogan or Kaufman?! Hahaha!

Smart not to expose Rogers?! The guy is an undrafted player with character issues and hasn't performed in games. He's getting cut, deal with it. Wow, people have talked about the myth and legend of Easley over the years, but this Da'Rick guys fanboys takes the cake!

Thank you! This board will implode when Da gets cut.

Was I talking about trading Rogers?......No! :wacko:

Either they're smart for "hiding" him according to you, or he is actually "performing" in games, again according to you. Which is it? BTW, if this is your definition of performing, feel free to raise the bar just a tad - I know the coaches are. On another side, when guys like Kaufman and Sampson are stealing your game reps, outlook not so good for your boy. Oh, the horror of "exposing" him to waivers! :death:

I have never heard of that. Intentionally downplaying a player just to "sneak" into practice squad.

Practice squads are announced anyway. So as a coach/scout/manager/ you are aware of these things.

The Bills did it with Jasper a few years ago (think it was him). Cut him early in hopes that other teams would not take a shot on his raw ability. They tried to give off the perception that he was too raw. Ironically, he was but I made some sense at the time.

Either they're smart for "hiding" him according to you, or he is actually "performing" in games, again according to you. Which is it? BTW, if this is your definition of performing, feel free to raise the bar just a tad - I know the coaches are. On another side, when guys like Kaufman and Sampson are stealing your game reps, outlook not so good for your boy. Oh, the horror of "exposing" him to waivers! :death:

His reps have certainly been limited. That doesn't mean that he hasn't performed in the limited reps he has received. You're smart enough to understand this right?

Kaufman, Sampson, meh!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think other teams that aren't as deep at wr would like him but why would they trade something when they have a shot to get him off waivers?

How does that work? If he gets cut than he just signs with whoever wants to pay him the most ? Or does some kind of rookie wage scale take precedent?

I think other teams that aren't as deep at wr would like him but why would they trade something when they have a shot to get him off waivers?

How does that work? If he gets cut than he just signs with whoever wants to pay him the most ? Or does some kind of rookie wage scale take precedent?

He gets cut he is not a free agent until he clears league wide waivers which is based on draft order. Its likely he gets claimed. there is little risk given his contract.

Doubt it, The coaching staff sees these guys everyday. We'll just have to trust their judgement when it comes to who deserves a roster spot and who doesn't.

Yes and I haven't heard one word from them or from the reporters at camp everyday that suggests he'll be a part of the final 53. I've heard the exact opposite. He's giving them every reason to cut him.

Yes and I haven't heard one word from them or from the reporters at camp everyday that suggests he'll be a part of the final 53. I've heard the exact opposite. He's giving them every reason to cut him.

All of this is pure conjecture. We'll know soon enough. If this were indeed the case, given his previous problems in College, I think the Bills would have run out of patience and cut him already.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The Bills did it with Jasper a few years ago (think it was him). Cut him early in hopes that other teams would not take a shot on his raw ability. They tried to give off the perception that he was too raw. Ironically, he was but I made some sense at the time.

Jasper wasnt believed to be a 2nd round talent who fell through the draft because of off the field issues. If a team cuts a 2nd round pick teams will notice those players and take flyers on them through waiver claims.

It is true that teams do use their first cut down time to 75 to potentially hide very raw talent because teams may pass on the cut down to 75 players and ignore than more so than the cut down of players to 53. I could see Kauffman (and a few others) getting cut after next weeks game with the plan of putting him on the PS

Another way to look at his situation is to see how much he plays against Washington.

The coaching staff could been sending him a message about his play during the Colts Fumble Return. Plus there has been a lot of talk on WGR 550 about him not knowing where he needs to be for certain formations and missing reps because he did not realize he was supposed to be on the field.

Hopefully the message is received .