So why blacked out on DirecTV

D521646

Guys, I have DirecTV and live in Rochester, and when I went to watch yesterday it said the game was blacked out in my area? It wasn't a damn home game? I watched in WKBW of course, but still. Anyone else have this problem?

Because Channel 13 broadcast the game.

When the local station has exclusive broadcast rights in the market, the other channels get blacked out.

It's the same way w/ Sabres games and CI. You cannot get the other team's feed in Buffalo / Ra-cha-cha.

Edited by Taro T

Ok cool thanks, I was hoping to get the Colts broadcast team, as listening to the homers isn't as much fun when we rock it. :)

Now that the game will no longer be live, IF it shows up again on NFL Network, then it won't be blacked out. So you might still be able to get their take on it.

What was really weird, is that I have Comcast in Pa, and they were advertising the Bills Colts

Game all week, Warren Sapp and someone were talking up the game at 1:00, like it was

Gonna be on, and the boom I get the Packer Cardinal re run from the night before.

My brother in Florida has Comcast too, and he gets the game! You just don't realize how hard

It is following a Bills game being relayed by my brother. I have to glean thru all of the Cuss words

And referee conspiracy theories. He"ll be like "what! You have to be kidding me, oh man, they are

Really screwing us now, I can't believe this", and I am like, "what, what?, what happened, and then

He tells me, but by that time the next play has started, and the whole thing starts all over again.

Still beats NFL.com.

Ok cool thanks, I was hoping to get the Colts broadcast team, as listening to the homers isn't as much fun when we rock it. :)

You didn't miss much - their play-by-play guy was good, but their color-guy was brutal. Among the dumbest I've heard and that's saying a lot.

Edited by BobChalmers

We had the same issue on Friday night with the Raiders/Cowboys game. It was scheduled to show live on NFLN, but if you turned to NFLN, you just got a blue screen saying that the game was blacked out in our area. It was on a local affiliate. Only thing bad (though I didn't care) was that the game ran longer than three hours, so it pre-empted the broadcast of the Packers/Cardinals game on NFLN for about 15 minutes.

What was really weird, is that I have Comcast in Pa, and they were advertising the Bills Colts

Game all week, Warren Sapp and someone were talking up the game at 1:00, like it was

Gonna be on, and the boom I get the Packer Cardinal re run from the night before.

My brother in Florida has Comcast too, and he gets the game! You just don't realize how hard

It is following a Bills game being relayed by my brother. I have to glean thru all of the Cuss words

And referee conspiracy theories. He"ll be like "what! You have to be kidding me, oh man, they are

Really screwing us now, I can't believe this", and I am like, "what, what?, what happened, and then

He tells me, but by that time the next play has started, and the whole thing starts all over again.

Still beats NFL.com.

Time Warner did the same thing here in Pa, NFL Network went to switch to the game and they switch to the friggin packer game. :thumbdown:

There was absolutely no reason in my area to do the stupid ass BS :wallbash:

Luckily I have a great online site that caters to Bills/Sabres :thumbsup:

The Colts local team was atrocious. Made me pine for Tasker.

Actually, though I agree they were a little bland, I thought their coverage was pretty fair. They talked a lot about the Bills, and were pretty complimentary throughout.

I will say - preseason is when I really want a homer broadcast crew. It's not because I want to hear about how great we're going to be or how the refs are ripping us off at every turn. It's because I want all the coverage to focus on the minutiae of the Bills performance, especially as the game goes on. I don't want a balanced look at the Colts' battle for dimeback, but I do want a focus on the battles for the 53rd spot on our roster.

The color guy for the Colts broadcast was so bad I found myself missing the audio/video perfecta of horror; Paul Maguire in Hi-Def.

And the play-by-play guy was even mispronouncing the names of Colts.

why would you want to listen to them?

their one announcer actually said the Colts punter was their MVP last season and this is a team with Luck on it

the Colts have a good punter but the way these guys were going on about him all game long you would think they were talking about a hall of fame quarterback

i read the game was blacked out in parts of Ohio yesterday which doesnt make any sense but maybe same reason why some in PA were blacked out as well

Edited by Max997

I live just south of Erie Pa about 2 hours from Buffalo. It was blacked out on NFL network. I don't understand this because I couldn't get any of the Buffalo local stattions.so I just had to listen to it on the radio.So I don't know how they can put us in the local stuff. I was so Pissed off. I almost put something through my 55 inch TV. I guess if it was in Buffalo and not sold out I might understand alittle bit more. But that was just plain stupid. I have the DISH network.

I live in Rochester and have Directv. Did anyone else have picture problems yesterday? The 2nd quarter was mostly unwatchable. Channel 13 was the only station affected.

The HD feed on 13 definitely had issues. I've still got a TV hooked up to an SD box and that feed wasn't effected by whatever was going on.

I live just south of Erie Pa about 2 hours from Buffalo. It was blacked out on NFL network. I don't understand this because I couldn't get any of the Buffalo local stattions.so I just had to listen to it on the radio.So I don't know how they can put us in the local stuff. I was so Pissed off. I almost put something through my 55 inch TV. I guess if it was in Buffalo and not sold out I might understand alittle bit more. But that was just plain stupid. I have the DISH network.

Same here, I have no idea what NFL Network/Time Warner was trying to prove, but man was I pissed :censored: