So why blacked out on DirecTV

D521646

What was really weird, is that I have Comcast in Pa, and they were advertising the Bills Colts

Game all week, Warren Sapp and someone were talking up the game at 1:00, like it was

Gonna be on, and the boom I get the Packer Cardinal re run from the night before.

My brother in Florida has Comcast too, and he gets the game! You just don't realize how hard

It is following a Bills game being relayed by my brother. I have to glean thru all of the Cuss words

And referee conspiracy theories. He"ll be like "what! You have to be kidding me, oh man, they are

Really screwing us now, I can't believe this", and I am like, "what, what?, what happened, and then

He tells me, but by that time the next play has started, and the whole thing starts all over again.

Still beats NFL.com.

same here. I have Armstrong Cable in Pittsburgh, and the game was blacked out. WTF.

Is the NFL Network blacking out live games to force people to buy the online package? I was so pissed I cancelled the NFL network, but then ended up buying the online preseason package.

I had the same issue...decided to DVR the NFL airing of the game instead of CBS. Ended up recording the Packers game. After 15 minutes of cussing at NFLN, I decided to buy the NFL preseason package (which after a coupon code I found online ended up being $14). I would definately recommend this to people who missed the game or don't get the games where they're at. However if you're in market and the home games aren't sold out, you will be unable to watch the games live.

Edit: You also get to pick your broadcast team.

Edited by BillsRUs

Guys, I have DirecTV and live in Rochester, and when I went to watch yesterday it said the game was blacked out in my area? It wasn't a damn home game? I watched in WKBW of course, but still. Anyone else have this problem?

IF the game is being shown "live" on a local channel it is "Blacked out" on NFL Network.

It's the same for any nationally televised game on broadcast TV. When the game is being shown "live" on a local channel it is "Blacked out" on NFL Network.

IF the Bills play the Skins or Ravens, the local game is on Broadcast TV and not on DTV's chs 704 - 716

I live in Rochester and have Directv. Did anyone else have picture problems yesterday? The 2nd quarter was mostly unwatchable. Channel 13 was the only station affected.

Yep. Gonna have to DVR the NFL Network rebroadcast. They usually go with the announcing team of the winning team so it'll be the Bills version of the broadcast.