Your official Bills vs Colts game day thread

Just Jack

People need to relax. What exactly has been learned so far?

1) CJ looks ready for a HUGE year

2) Goodwin has speed to burn and is DANGEROUS

3) Kiko Alonso looks SPECIAL

4) Ron Brooks and the DB's playing to opposite Gilmore scare the **** out of me

5) Left-side of OL looks suspect

6) Hopkins has a heck of a leg, but consistency could cause him to get cut

7) EJ looks like I suspected. Mix of solid plays and rookie mistakes. It'll be an up and down year as expected.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I"m pretty sure there was thread when we hired ST coach... saying how bad his teams were, etc. Interesting.

I made the comments at the time that though his track record is bad, a special teams coach is only as good as the head coach allows him to be regarding the amount of practice time and which players he can use.

If the HC doesn't prioritize special teams, they won't be any good.

Maybe that was part of Crossman's problem?

You can only judge what you see. Has little to do with how it will turn out, but right now he looks worse than Fitz. Hopefully, he's nervous and needs time. The only thing that really disturbed me was that on one pass he looked like he was shot-putting rather than throwing a football. When one of my players did that in Pop Warner I pulled him from the game. At this level it's a sight that is awfully rare.

Also a tad surprised that with all of the hoopla about Buffalo now being a vertical team that they have not thrown deep once.

In preseason you expect to see the Bills do anything other than vanilla offense?

Way early to do any judging on Manuel. He is doing fine.

13 losing seasons. It's really not that hard dude. Three wins tops.

Yes, you can extrapolate...how many times have they won only 3 games...are you even watching the game? Or just whining about it? There's been a lot of good signs in this game, to temper some of the questions arising. Brooks alone has been a study in extremes!

I made the comments at the time that though his track record is bad, a special teams coach is only as good as the head coach allows him to be regarding the amount of practice time and which players he can use.

If the HC doesn't prioritize special teams, they won't be any good.

Maybe that was part of Crossman's problem?

I'm not calling anyone out, it is preseason. It's just interesting.

Bills on Defense, 2nd QTR. Ball 1st and 10 on the 8, after a beautiful coverage tackle from the KO team.

The Colts come right out and drive up the middle. Again Moats watching. He was credited with a tackle, but wwas watching.

2nd play: 52 and 53 in at MLB. The DL just vanilla.

3rd play. DL vanila. Corbin Bryant was in

4th play Jerry Hughes knocks down a pass. He is like the tallest midget on the field right now.

we are running at 4-3 front this seris with Moats the MLB. Colts Timeout...

3rd and 2, 4:39back to a 3-4. Jamie Blatnick bit inside vs. contain his end and let the QB out.

1st and 10 now... Jerry Hughes at Weakside OLB. Interesting. He is athletic but not getting a chance to show much - but each chance so far - he has shown something.

1st and 20, on 43

DLlooking scrambled, 96 making a good turn of his hips and catch the RB in the backfield. Gilbert is playing well.

2nd and 22.. Gilbert again in to pressure, slips even though he would have never got the QB. Hughes really got good pressure.

3rd and 22, 4-2 front. inside handoff, Troup sighting, shed his block to catch the dump off screen guy but arrived too late to make the play.