Hackett Will Have Box Seats

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Nathaniel-Hackett-Anytime-you-score-you-can-celebrate/d1abd947-ed99-4fca-83df-f5317c88a9d3 : A practice last week ended with a touchdown bomb, which led to two chest bumps by you.

A: I almost pulled a hamstring. That was a long, long run. Those throw and catch by 88 (Marquise Goodwinicon-article-link.gif) and 3 (EJ Manuelicon-article-link.gif), that’s something I hope we get to hear a lot. Then you get to hear that sweet song, Buffalo “Shout” song and be in there. I can’t wait to hear that and see that go down. I’ll be up in the box though and I won’t be running down the stadium to go give them a chest bump, so I’ll have to stay up there for that one. Anytime you score a touchdown, it’s unbelievable. It’s hard to score a touchdown; I don’t care what anybody says. In practice versus defense, on the field, it doesn’t matter. Anytime you score, you can celebrate and you should get used to it. The more you celebrate, the more you want to do it, the more touchdowns come.

I guess I woulda' thunk Hackett would be right next to Marrone for the games. Perhaps it makes sense to have Hackett in the box to get the overall picture of what defenses are doing and leave the "screaming and yelling" to Marrone on the sidelines. Anyone know what Pettine's preference is - Box or no Box??

http://www.buffalobi...df-f5317c88a9d3 : A practice last week ended with a touchdown bomb, which led to two chest bumps by you.

A: I almost pulled a hamstring. That was a long, long run. Those throw and catch by 88 (Marquise Goodwinicon-article-link.gif) and 3 (EJ Manuelicon-article-link.gif), that’s something I hope we get to hear a lot. Then you get to hear that sweet song, Buffalo “Shout” song and be in there. I can’t wait to hear that and see that go down. I’ll be up in the box though and I won’t be running down the stadium to go give them a chest bump, so I’ll have to stay up there for that one. Anytime you score a touchdown, it’s unbelievable. It’s hard to score a touchdown; I don’t care what anybody says. In practice versus defense, on the field, it doesn’t matter. Anytime you score, you can celebrate and you should get used to it. The more you celebrate, the more you want to do it, the more touchdowns come.

I guess I woulda' thunk Hackett would be right next to Marrone for the games. Perhaps it makes sense to have Hackett in the box to get the overall picture of what defenses are doing and leave the "screaming and yelling" to Marrone on the sidelines. Anyone know what Pettine's preference is - Box or no Box??

Will this be the newest Jauron-esque TBD catch phrase should the offense sputter this year?

as someone who has been to a lot of Syracuse games over the past 4 years, our head coach will be bringing plenty of energy on the sidelines by himself. I like hackett sitting upstairs and calling his game. The days of this team making stupid mistakes on the field and having Chan stand on the sideline in silence are way over.

Chan's reactions were catchy, though... After suffering the third turn over in a game, I would transition from yelling at the sidelines, to just standing there, silent with my hands on my hips... MAYBE shake my head...

Extremely pumped to see this new team!!! Never looked forward to attending pre season games as much as I am this year!!

Bad decisions he needs to be on the field to talk to his players and rip them a new one if they need it. I can't stand it when a coordinator is in the stupid box. Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy both Superbowl coaches call the plays from the field.

Bad decisions he needs to be on the field to talk to his players and rip them a new one if they need it. I can't stand it when a coordinator is in the stupid box. Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy both Superbowl coaches call the plays from the field.

If that is the case, who is your reliable eye in sky?

i think he trusts his coaches enough to keep the sidelines in good running order.

this.. is not a Wannstadt flashback folks.

Actually, i can see him getting penalized for running out on the field ! he is a bit over wound as he says all the Hacketts are. Excepting the wife .

Geez i love the guy already and wish him a ton of luck and long term success as i do Pettine , Hilliard Henderson et al. 1 HC on the field and two Coordinators in the box. good to go

go bills!

Edited by 3rdand12

You just named head coaches, not coordinators. Many coordinators, including ones on those teams, call from upstairs.