SJ is a slot-man now

interesting, I post facts,stats and basically display the other sides strongest three arguments yet get only ridiculed with points so far like "Stevie is important to this team" . So I am wrong why exactly?

only one post uses a point about reed rice and carter also not being fast , but I would say I saw rice get open and make deep catches year in year out, and chris carter had incredible hands and was clutch and also got open deep. Reed was still faster than SJ and got open deep.

So far I see I can make the homers angry but they cant defend there positions whatsoever.

It's not about logic and reason in places like this.

Consider, many of the same people here talked about how Kolb would revive his career here and how good he really was but "just didn't have a chance elsewhere," yet he's stinking up camp.

You have to remember that people here typically don't want reality, they want to hear themselves talk and think that they're all right or they want to have their heads filled with thoughts of rainbows and lollipops constantly. The only time they acknowledge reality is when it can't possibly be ignored. Even then you'll have a few intellectual stragglers that continue to insist that the earth is flat.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how are stats going back 3 years and comparing several WRs opinions? please put some facts as to why SJ is a premier, highly talented number 1 reciever that could be the number 1 on almost any team. this is the argument Im making.

You're changing your argument.

You started by saying he is the 20th best #1 WR in the NFL which I pointed out is a 32 team league.

Now you're saying he's not a "highly talented number 1 receiver that could be the number 1 on almost any team."

That's a different argument along the lines of "Eli isn't a number 1 QB" that the Jints fans abused themselves with for a few years.

The entire premise of this thread is just plain silly. And the debate about whether or not Stevie is or is not a #1 receiver is also silly.

The facts are simple:

1. Stevie is the best receiver currently on the Bills roster. His ranking vs receivers on other teams means nothing to the current make-up of the Buffalo Bills.

2. At the end of this season one or more of the rookies may have proven themselves to be equal to or better than Stevie but as of today none of them have played a down in the NFL.

3. Today, Stevie is the #1 receiver on the Bills Team. In the future that may change.

You started by saying he is the 20th best #1 WR in the NFL which I pointed out is a 32 team league.

Now you're saying he's not a "highly talented number 1 receiver that could be the number 1 on almost any team."

That's a different argument along the lines of "Eli isn't a number 1 QB" that the Jints fans abused themselves with for a few years.

Thanks Nanker for "enlightening" us. You are dead on and I can't believe that this conversation has resurfaced again on this board. If there are 32 teams than there are 32 spots for a number 1 WR. The way that I view it is that the top 32 WR in football are all number 1's. So, ATL has 2 number 1's in my eyes. If Stevie is the 20th best (about where I have him) he is certainly a number 1.

no i made a point to his credit hes 20th in the nfl. That goes hand in hand with the point that hes not a premier highly talented guy, like say the top 5 or even top 10 guys. The entire point of my post was to debunk the myth that hes a top nfl receiver soley based on the fact that he "beats Revis" isnt "Calvin Johnson" and has 3 1000 yard seasons......you discredited everything i wrote simply because I didnt state there are 32 teams???? why would that even need to be said?

"interesting, I post facts,stats and basically display the other sides strongest three arguments"

Please point me to these facts in your OP. Because to me that looks like a whole bunch of opinions. Could you also point me in the direction of what exactly defines a #1 receiver?

Here's another set of stats, from another site:

http://www.sportingc...ats/drops/2012/

thanks dorkington for actually using facts....its nice to not have hate spewed at you when you simply dont drink cool aid like so many here do.. I see by the stats you posted among those top 10 number one type wr's stevie is really only better than 1 of them as far as drop percentage goes, so he drops fewer than Doney Avery. Every other guy has less or equal drops to SJ but that is only one part of my argument against SJs "eliteness"

interesting, I post facts,stats and basically display the other sides strongest three arguments yet get only ridiculed with points so far like "Stevie is important to this team" . So I am wrong why exactly?

only one post uses a point about reed rice and carter also not being fast , but I would say I saw rice get open and make deep catches year in year out, and chris carter had incredible hands and was clutch and also got open deep. Reed was still faster than SJ and got open deep.

So far I see I can make the homers angry but they cant defend there positions whatsoever.

Go look at where he ranks in the NFL in receptions & yards over the past 3 years.

Top 20.

There are 32 teams in the NFL, an thus 32 guys that are their team's #1 receiving option.

Stevie is one of those guys.

Case closed.

Where do I pick up my check?

I stopped reading right there.

I would think you know there are 32 teams in today's NFL.

this guys got 32 posts. I stopped reading not far after this part as well.

Hey OP. I don't like to be a d#%k to newcomers usually. But you should probably not post anymore. Read all yiu want here. Just don't post.

What a colossal waste of time. Not sure why I even read the first post. Zzzzzzzzz

you read the entire first post? Wtf??? Yiu must be slipping.

I'm still trying to figure out if this whole thing is a joke or not. Either way, the OP should just stop posting. This is a Bills message board, not a lunch table at Heim Middle School.

Please point me to these facts in your OP. Because to me that looks like a whole bunch of opinions. Could you also point me in the direction of what exactly defines a #1 receiver?

well the tds against revis for 3 years and wins vs losses vs him are facts. His drops are facts that can be looked up or viewed on youtube. His three years of groin and now hammy issues are facts. Vincent Jacksons numbers and how people didnt want him saying SJ was better are facts. SJ barely reaching 1000 yards a season and having low YPC and how people worship one and ignore the other are facts. Also the rating of SJ as the 20th best wr is searchable and derived through his stats, not opinions.

A true 1 in my opinion is a guy that has size and speed and hands and can make every catch and run every route. IMO sj cant go deep just like evans was a "deep threat" and also a #2 imo. Moulds and Reed were true #1's SJ is a number 1 on this team by default.

A true 1 in my opinion is a guy that has size and speed and hands and can make every catch and run every route. IMO sj cant go deep just like evans was a "deep threat" and also a #2 imo. Moulds and Reed were true #1's SJ is a number 1 on this team by default.

And there it is... This is your opinion... Not fact.

/thread

well the tds against revis for 3 years and wins vs losses vs him are facts. His drops are facts that can be looked up or viewed on youtube. His three years of groin and now hammy issues are facts. Vincent Jacksons numbers and how people didnt want him saying SJ was better are facts. SJ barely reaching 1000 yards a season and having low YPC and how people worship one and ignore the other are facts. Also the rating of SJ as the 20th best wr is searchable and derived through his stats, not opinions.

just stop

The "homers" aren't angry. We're sleepy after reading your post.

No one says Stevie is "elite". He gets open. He catches a lot of balls. He consistently produces. He had one of the worst QBs ever throwing him the ball over his tenure with the Bills. Ypc has to do with the QB throwing the ball as well. Those are all facts. He is not "elite". No one here says he is. Stop hating. Your post brings nothing to the table. It makes you look like a troll.

The "homers" aren't angry. We're sleepy after reading your post.

No one says Stevie is "elite". He gets open. He catches a lot of balls. He consistently produces. He had one of the worst QBs ever throwing him the ball over his tenure with the Bills. Ypc has to do with the QB throwing the ball as well. Those are all facts. He is not "elite". No one here says he is. Stop hating. Your post brings nothing to the table. It makes you look like a troll.

or it makes him look like Crayonz on a bad joke.

It's semantics. Stevie may not be elite in your eyes but he is a number 1. There are 32 spots for a number 1WR or QB or K, etc... That is different from how many are elite. Carson Palmer is a number 1 QB, Aaron Rodgers is elite.

So Wes Welker, who was clearly the #1 target in NE's passing game, and who has a chance to challenge Jerry Rice's all-time reception record, is not a #1 despite 3 straight 100-catch seasons?

/thread based on lack if legitimate thought

I give it a rating of FleaMoulds84 on the TSWSI scale