Drew Brees leaves $3 tip on take-out order

Focus on the libelous and defamatory comment instead. That way there's no misunderstanding, as it's clear as day.

But yes, I realize that the King of the site doesn't have to actually follow the rules, that part's clear as day for me.

I'm embarrassed for both of you...quoting etiquette on a football board ferchrissakes. What would Ron McDole think?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering why Scott hasn't ribbed me about being home on a Saturday night in a while...he had tastier meat in his sights :nana:

I demand that you both get it all out in the open and then watch this clip together...

My thought exactly.

Meh. In the case of the person with $3 extra dollars, its a shame they couldn't be happy they got anything. Given the consensus on this board, it seems very often the line reads 0, so I'd be glad it wasnt that.

Meh. In the case of the person with $3 extra dollars, its a shame they couldn't be happy they got anything. Given the consensus on this board, it seems very often the line reads 0, so I'd be glad it wasnt that.

I don't even think this would have been an issue though if he tipped zero. The fact that he tipped 3 makes him look cheap and turned into a story.

It is my opinion Scott your opinions and comments to Fezmid unbecoming of you , disrespectful , thankless, selfish , mean spirited and simply put rotten. I have always felt it nothing but a privilege to post and frequent this forum, am most appreciative for you efforts in creating a fine site where Bills followers might have opportunity to get together. You can do better here Scott, you I believe above this sort of silly discourse , you are so very wrong.

I used to work the register at a restaurant in NYC, I answered phones, made salads, packed the bags, I also helped with bussing and made the Veggie Green Smoothies and cashed people out. At times, I would also do delivery on my bike (at times I even waited but not when it was very busy). I made the most when I delivered.

We had some celebrities who came in, Patty Smith was a regular and was super sweet (I was almost tempted to ask her out) and tipped really well. Beck was the same, as was Moby (who I also met at another job) all were really nice people. Some of the regular customers were just butt holes though and if they tipped at all it was small. Guess who got the priority? We split tips with the kitchen. (if we were at the counter).

​It was a macrobiotic place owned by a japanese guy. We also got a free meal for an 8 hour shift. The food was great and I almost liked the job but it wasn't enough $. IMO Brees is a cheapo. Although I would have never outed someone like this THAT is pretty classless too. Judging someone because they ARE rich (and cheap) and for no other reason is BS low character ****.

Ok, so I tend bar at a pretty decent restaurant here in Raleigh. I have served quite a few professional athletes. The Carolina hurricanes are pretty much regulars during the season. Dre Bly, Az Hakim, Tory Holt, even met and chatted with Johnny White (remember him?) for a while, while he ate his delicious bacon burger and fries. Mario Williams has been in dozens of times. Bought him a Mai Tai last time and had him autograph two Bills hats, that I just so happened to have in my truck. Even random whackos like Ludacris. Point is some tip great and some not at all. Some lady left me a 20, because my Cosmo "changed her life". But credit card information should be discretionary and that girl will most likely be fired. My friend posted his $700 from Peyton and Eli Manning to his facebook page and got fired for that! As far as the whole etiquette thing goes, the guys put together to go orders are running around like hamsters all night. And they don't expect, but really appreciate a tip from the guest ordering take out. I'm an over tipper. I tip everyone, from the guy that rolls my sushi at Kanki, to the kid that cleans out my golf cart. But that's just me. But my drinks are always strong and my sushi rolls always comes out before everyone else's... And yes, I have tipped at McDonald's before.

Brings us back to - You go out to dinner with wife and spend 200 dollars, the guy that serves you gets a $40 tip. Next morning you go out for breakfast and spend $30 and you give the girl a $6 tip. Not very fair system because the girl the served you breakfast ran a round just as much as the guy that served you the night before.

Think I will bring a tip jar to the opener.

Brings us back to - You go out to dinner with wife and spend 200 dollars, the guy that serves you gets a $40 tip. Next morning you go out for breakfast and spend $30 and you give the girl a $6 tip. Not very fair system because the girl the served you breakfast ran a round just as much as the guy that served you the night before.

Do they really though? Aren't you more likely to order appetizers, drinks, and/or dessert at dinner than you are at breakfast or lunch? Dinner is usually (not always) a longer experience for me than the other two, especially if I'm spending $200 on the meal.

I'm not disagreeing with the premise (the dinner wasn't 5 times more demanding than the breakfast/lunch), but dinner serving appears to be more work to me.

Do they really though? Aren't you more likely to order appetizers, drinks, and/or dessert at dinner than you are at breakfast or lunch? Dinner is usually (not always) a longer experience for me than the other two, especially if I'm spending $200 on the meal.

I'm not disagreeing with the premise (the dinner wasn't 5 times more demanding than the breakfast/lunch), but dinner serving appears to be more work to me.

Exactly what I was going to say. A $200, 2 person meal is not the norm. BUT, the waitress would have to seat 7 parties to that one to compete... Which they probably do in the time frame of that kind of dinner. Breakfast is much faster and people are on the go Sure, the morning server is hustling more. But thems the breaks...

AND... Usually people will overtip on breakfast... YET, some undertip... I hope the overtipper out weigh the undertippers and like I said, they got the greater number of people being served to help them out.

4 - 5 cups of coffee juice. Most times they clear the table. To me they seem to work a lot harder.

Any of the real top notch steak houses with with a bottle of wine , aps, dessert $200. 677 prime in Albany

4 - 5 cups of coffee juice. Most times they clear the table. To me they seem to work a lot harder.

Any of the real top notch steak houses with with a bottle of wine , aps, dessert $200. 677 prime in Albany

Sure. I agree... Morning servers gott work hard, but get greater numbers of parties. Again, can they seat 7 to 1 ratio than they do for dinner? Probably. Nature of the beast.

Well, if your comparing a diner breakfast to a top notch place there's more than just volume of running around that goes into the gap in tips - I'm not just tipping on how often they walk from the kitchen to the table.

Which is harder, serving a few extra cups of juice or knowing a high end menu including wine list inside and out, nailing timing and presentation at every step, and keeping someone expecting the service that generally comes at that venue happy? Sure the diner might be more physically demanding but there's more to it than that.