The Destruction of North Carolina

That's the thing about Libertarians that make alot of people uncomfortable. Unlike other idealogies, if Libertarians ever took over they plan on leaving you alone

Seems like they have no idea what they want, just a bunch of complainers. Your post is a case in point, no substances what so ever

Sure they do. They know that they are all pot smoking, education hating, wackos, akin to the Tea Partiers. At least, that's what the GOP and DNC want you to believe...

Then why can't Libertarians simply change their image a little by, you know, simply explaining themselves?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for Chapel Hill particularly, but I really like Asheville. Great place to hang and check out some good music, great scenery. Except for the dirty hippies of course!

Asheville is a great beer town as well. Sierra Nevada, New Belgium and Oskar Blues are building their east coast brewery operations there. As far as hippies go, the last time I was there with my wife we were walking through downtown and she wanted to stop by this area where there was a free concert going on. I lasted less than a minute as the songs they were playing were nothing but communist manifestos put to music. The moral monday protests there will be preaching to the choir.

Then why can't Libertarians simply change their image a little by, you know, simply explaining themselves?

why can't you spend a moment in research? it's amazing what you can learn...

http://www.lp.org/platform

The libertarian or "classical liberal" perspective is that individual well-being, prosperity, and social harmony are fostered by "as much liberty as possible" and "as little government as necessary."

http://www.theihs.org/what-libertarian

why can't you spend a moment in research? it's amazing what you can learn...

http://www.lp.org/platform

The libertarian or "classical liberal" perspective is that individual well-being, prosperity, and social harmony are fostered by "as much liberty as possible" and "as little government as necessary."

http://www.theihs.org/what-libertarian

Do you feel like you do not have enough personal liberty? What freedoms to you personally want that the government has taken away?

Do you feel like you do not have enough personal liberty? What freedoms to you personally want that the government has taken away?

there's a difference between freedoms taken away and freedoms infringed upon. think about it.

there's a difference between freedoms taken away and freedoms infringed upon. think about it.

Ok, then what freedoms do you personally need to be less infringed upon that will make you and everyone so much happier. Think about it

Ok, then what freedoms do you personally need to be less infringed upon that will make you and everyone so much happier. Think about it

did you even read anything....even one syllable....from either of the links I posted for you? do you believe we have as little government as necessary? when something needs fixing or improvement in your life, do you take care of it yourself or do you look for/wish for a government solution to your problem? better yet, do you even give a cr&p or are you just being ignorant for entertainments sake?

did you even read anything....even one syllable....from either of the links I posted for you? do you believe we have as little government as necessary? when something needs fixing or improvement in your life, do you take care of it yourself or do you look for/wish for a government solution to your problem? better yet, do you even give a cr&p or are you just being ignorant for entertainments sake?

Point of note: we can type out "crap." I believe we can even type without censorship "ass," "B word," and "Tom Donahoe."

Point of note: we can type out "crap." I believe we can even type without censorship "ass," "B word," and "Tom Donahoe."

aw crap, now I feel like a horse's ass. what a B word.

Tom Donahoe :lol:

Tom Donahoe you for being such a Wednesday

aw, I'm a Wednesday now? I was gone for a long time, so I don't even know what that is (other than the 4th day of the week). I was hoping to be able to deduce the meaning over time instead of confessing ignorance after being called one, but I see that is not to be.

Seems like they have no idea what they want, just a bunch of complainers. Your post is a case in point, no substances what so ever

Most libertarians don't care to explain themselves, because you're probably a tool that isn't worth their time. :lol:

I will operate on the assumption that this isn't the case, for now.

This horrible attitude comes from the fact that most started out in little groups spread out all over the country. They are not used to explaining things to people outside their little group. For a long time, it was like a secret little club, and it was enough work just keeping the wackos/weirdos out.

The average libertarian figures, or can prove, that the average liberal is an unmitigated moron. So, why bother explaining things to them, when all they will get in return is a set of platitudes, emoting, non-facts, psychobabble, social babble, and groundless arguments...which, not coincidentally, is exactly what nearly all Big Government FAIL is based on. Conversely, the average libertarian figures, or can prove, that the average conservative is a linear minded buffoon, who would rather talk about problems, than solve them, because often solving the problem isn't in their interest, or, they simply don't know how to solve the problem. So again, they look at both groups as largely populated by the lowest common denominator, especially in their leadership, so why bother talking to either of them?

Now, this is of course is not the best way to get the word out. :lol: But, you can't blame them. They have the facts on their side, and nothing but tiresome nonsense...and nonsense brokers...to argue against. It's a sort of exhaustion: "Why bother? This person is a giant tool, who hasn't thought for themselves since 2nd grade art class, so why should I be bothered to explain things to them?".

Despite all this: Libertarian ideas are on clearly on the rise, and have been for 10 years now.

How about I explain a single position? A simple one: The Department of Education adds 0 value to eduction of children in this country. We(our school districts) send $1 to DC, we get back .25. And, if we want anything else, we have to beg for it. So, we get a grant, and those grants in the aggregate = .15. So, you get back .40 on your $, with no sort of return on that "investment". The DoE, since it has existed, has presided over a consistent DECLINE in education outcomes, while seeing is budget INCREASE exponentially.

These are the facts. So the question is: why should we continue to operate this "business", when all it does is FAIL and eat $? It's illogical to continue this idiocy. It's not helping kids, teachers, or parents, and that's what we care about, right? We aren't getting what we expected. And, there's a damn good chance that we are getting ripped off.

The logical choice: immediate phase out of the DOE, the sooner the better. :o

(And...this is right about the time that libertarians get told they hate children. Why? Because the idiots can't argue on the facts. So, they have to argue on the emotion/personally attack.)

Again, the logic, the facts, the reality says: kill it. But then there's the :o...and "yiou hate the children". :rolleyes:

How's that?

I have. How about we start with the fact that government is a horrible, but occasionally necessary, investment? Yet, it is the first and ONLY answer for leftist fools. It really is. In reality, government is a last resort. That's what the Constitution says, that's what it means.

Instead, we have tools, who cannot compete in the real world to earn the lifestyle they want. Thus, they create a phony government world(and this includes some corporations and their weak ass executives as well), where they can get paid and respected as they think they deserve.

In order to do this, they have to create something for them to do. Make work. So, they create a bunch of regulations and administrations. Now, they have to hire people to help them run it, and they manage it.

Boom. They are a manager. Now they have a budget, which means they have power to buy things. Now they are important, and peope have to pay attention to them, because they have $ to spend. And, if they can come up with reasons to hire more people, they can get more $, and then hire managers below them.

See where this is going? They have to restrict our freedoms. It is how they exist. They cannot exist otherwise.

Anybody who challenges this "job for job's sake"? Well, are you familiar with the IRS Scandals?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

aw, I'm a Wednesday now? I was gone for a long time, so I don't even know what that is (other than the 4th day of the week). I was hoping to be able to deduce the meaning over time instead of confessing ignorance after being called one, but I see that is not to be.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/148113-political-correctness-has-jumped-the-shark-again/page__hl__%20everybody%20%20hates%20%20mondays

It's official, the NSA snooping is unnecessary. If they want to know who's doing what online all they have to do is ask Tom

No kidding, my nickname at work is "Google." People don't even read meeting minutes anymore, they just ask me who said what and what was decided. Because I'm a human !@#$ing search engine.

No kidding, my nickname at work is "Google." People don't even read meeting minutes anymore, they just ask me who said what and what was decided. Because I'm a human !@#$ing search engine.

Start throwing out advertisements first before you give them the results they want.

thanks! it was bugging the crap out of me trying to figure that one out. I knew it wasn't the most flattering of terms by the way it was used, but the word may as well have been 'armchair' or 'carp' without knowing its context.

after reading that whole thread though, I am left with one question: why would anyone want to use the word 'portobello' when such a superior word as 'shiitake' exists?

thanks! it was bugging the crap out of me trying to figure that one out. I knew it wasn't the most flattering of terms by the way it was used, but the word may as well have been 'armchair' or 'carp' without knowing its context.

after reading that whole thread though, I am left with one question: why would anyone want to use the word 'portobello' when such a superior word as 'shiitake' exists?

Because "shiitake" sounds like "****," thus you probably can't say it in Seattle...