The Destruction of North Carolina

I am surprised this hasn't come up before now. As you may know, NC elected Pat McCrory-R as Governener, who took office last January.

Lately, I have been seeing tons of posts from my more left leaning friends in near hysterics over the "rolling back of the liberal paradise laws" by the GOP controlled government, most of which are based on opinion pieces in the NYT.

As a long time (and former) resident of NC, I am wondering what the concensus (lol) is on whether the new governer is ruining NC's liberal dreams? These include: voter ID, education reforms, and abortion legislation.

here is a direct quote from one of my old high schooll buddies' sisters, who apparently is unemployed and spends all day protesting with her boyfriend's young son:

"Just got back from protesting at Planned Parenthood with (the boy). on the way he asked why we didn't call 911 and just have McCrory arrested"?

This has to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. What the hell?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh brother...more liberal hysteria over letting people only vote once and people having the very reasonable opinion (though one I disagree with) that their tax dollars shouldn't be providing free abortions?

I guess the Times and other left wing rags have run out of Obama fluff stories to run. They'll probably get bored with NC as soon as Michelle gets a new hairdo.

I am surprised this hasn't come up before now. As you may know, NC elected Pat McCrory-R as Governener, who took office last January.

Lately, I have been seeing tons of posts from my more left leaning friends in near hysterics over the "rolling back of the liberal paradise laws" by the GOP controlled government, most of which are based on opinion pieces in the NYT.

As a long time (and former) resident of NC, I am wondering what the concensus (lol) is on whether the new governer is ruining NC's liberal dreams? These include: voter ID, education reforms, and abortion legislation.

here is a direct quote from one of my old high schooll buddies' sisters, who apparently is unemployed and spends all day protesting with her boyfriend's young son:

"Just got back from protesting at Planned Parenthood with (the boy). on the way he asked why we didn't call 911 and just have McCrory arrested"?

This has to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. What the hell?

I kind of go the impression that the Research Triangle was the only Liberal part of NC... he parts we incurred on our Road Trip earlier this year were all pretty conservative, outside of Raleigh.

The voters said their peace, so what is happening is the will of the people. If the Voting ID laws are found to be discriminatory, they will be challenged up to the highest court. Limiting abortion in trm of how far into the pregnancy has always been a debate, and the Nations schools are failing to achieve for the Children, so are trying new ways to educate that radical?

I kind of go the impression that the Research Triangle was the only Liberal part of NC... he parts we incurred on our Road Trip earlier this year were all pretty conservative, outside of Raleigh.

The voters said their peace, so what is happening is the will of the people. If the Voting ID laws are found to be discriminatory, they will be challenged up to the highest court. Limiting abortion in trm of how far into the pregnancy has always been a debate, and the Nations schools are failing to achieve for the Children, so are trying new ways to educate that radical?

agree 100%, but to listen to some of my old friends, the very fabric of the universe is being torn assunder by the GOP. I am a firm believer that you get the kind of government you deserve, and these people were elected to do exactly what they are doing. It's not like any of these things are a bombshell surprise.

I just kind of get annoyed that when the Democrats are in power, and people protest thier policies, they are racists, or ignorant, conservative red necks, but in times like these, all you hear is how honerable and noble these protests are, and how they are doing "the will of the people", when in fact, they are doing the opposite. Don't get me wrong, you can protest anything you like, just don't be surprised when you get arrested for doing it, when you transgress the laws...

agree 100%, but to listen to some of my old friends, the very fabric of the universe is being torn assunder by the GOP. I am a firm believer that you get the kind of government you deserve, and these people were elected to do exactly what they are doing. It's not like any of these things are a bombshell surprise.

I just kind of get annoyed that when the Democrats are in power, and people protest thier policies, they are racists, or ignorant, conservative red necks, but in times like these, all you hear is how honerable and noble these protests are, and how they are doing "the will of the people", when in fact, they are doing the opposite. Don't get me wrong, you can protest anything you like, just don't be surprised when you get arrested for doing it, when you transgress the laws...

and if the people decide they don't like the changes, they will re-elect Democrats...

I know a few folks living down in North Carolina across the border (Outer banks) and they're quite content with the new Gov and right turn.

I kind of go the impression that the Research Triangle was the only Liberal part of NC...

Area around Elizabeth City in the Outer Banks is pretty left. Their Congresscritter GK Butterfield (or as my friends call him, GK Butterface) is definitely a left winger

Did she tell him not to worry, because there's a tax audit in his future?

and if the people decide they don't like the changes, they will re-elect Democrats...

Yes, once again agree. Although, my personal preference is more diversified, get some Libertarians in there as well...

I know a few folks living down in North Carolina across the border (Outer banks) and they're quite content with the new Gov and right turn.

Area around Elizabeth City in the Outer Banks is pretty left. Their Congresscritter GK Butterfield (or as my friends call him, GK Butterface) is definitely a left winger

I assume that includes Manteo... I love Manteo.

Yes, once again agree. Although, my personal preference is more diversified, get some Libertarians in there as well...

Most voters couldn't tell you what Libertarian is and what theie stances are on the issues... lol... but, I have been running into more people who like their platform though

It's getting unbearable. I am convinced this assault upon the people of NC will soon rival the Siege of Leningrad. Among the outrages perpetrated by the evil GOP as reported today are: The gov. delivers cookies to protestors http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52626192/ns/local_news-raleigh_nc/. Can you imagine the horror? No word yet as to which poison they were laced with. And the most vile insult of all, how did the legislators celebrate all the people they "killed today" you ask? By dancing? Yes! Can you believe it! http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1012036. Oh, the humanity!

It's getting unbearable. I am convinced this assault upon the people of NC will soon rival the Siege of Leningrad. Among the outrages perpetrated by the evil GOP as reported today are: The gov. delivers cookies to protestors http://www.nbcnews.c...ews-raleigh_nc/. Can you imagine the horror? No word yet as to which poison they were laced with. And the most vile insult of all, how did the legislators celebrate all the people they "killed today" you ask? By dancing? Yes! Can you believe it! http://ireport.cnn.c...ocs/DOC-1012036. Oh, the humanity!

"You dancing on the same floor where you voted to refuse Medicaid is like you dancing on the graves of the 2,800 uninsured that will die at your hands."

But it's good to see they're not being overly histrionic about the whole thing.

God, people are retarded.

NC is getting bad. The moral Mindays are costing tax payers millions. These people protest during a way day so those working that day will cover their cost. To see it on the news here.. well, Monday and Tuesdays are filled with how many are arrested and some new face wanting a 15 minute podium

McCrory is the man. He took over from a retard Purdue. And a long line of !@#$s I. the gov office. From Easley to the rest. Its as corrupt of state as you'll never know.

McCrory is the man. He took over from a retard Purdue. And a long line of !@#$s I. the gov office. From Easley to the rest. Its as corrupt of state as you'll never know.

You guys have a long way to go to catch up to LA or NJ