The Destruction of North Carolina

For everyone else, who isn't "he who I am not talking to": a national voter id would be unconstitutional, as the Constitution clearly states that the states are empowered and required to handle all voting as they deem fit, and the Federal government cannot dictate the process.

Thus, my opinion of this idea is irrelevant. So is the idea. Whether it has merit is also irrelevant, because it is unconstitutional. A national health care card is a violation of the 4th amendment, not to mention HIPPA. Unless you get a judge to sign off on a warrant every single time an SQL call is made to every single database holding health care info, in the entire country?

Also unconstitutional.

But yeah, go ahead and try to argue HIPPA, with a f'ing technical architect who has designed systems for 10k employee health insurance companies. I only have 10 mins, but it shouldn't even take that long to dispatch you.

And yet you managed to misspell HIPAA. Twice.

Good job.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet you managed to misspell HIPAA. Twice.

Good job.

Oh Jesus Christ on an crutch. You know, you are are the single biggest impediment to my fun here.

Yeah, you f'ed it up again.

Edit: I'm on a call so i dont' have time to chastise you futher, and, I have a new toy, so I don't care if u mess up my birdog fun as much.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Oh Jesus Christ on an crutch. You know, you are are the single biggest impediment to my fun here.

Yeah, you f'ed it up again.

Edit: I'm on a call so i dont' have time to chastise you futher, and, I have a new toy, so I don't care if u mess up my birdog fun as much.

The fact that "OC is having fun" and "OC is being a total ****head again" are virtually distinguishable is in no way my fault or responsibility.

a lot of them do nor have license or a need for a government ID. There are a lot of people who do not drive and do not leave the country, too. Then there are a lot of Hispanics that are legal but do not have any actual documents from the state.

I feel like we are going down in a death spiral that has been beat to death before now, but, why on earth would someone NOT have a need for some fashion of ID? Do they not need one to open a bank account or cash a check? I am also pretty confident that states which require the IDs will supply them free of charge. I can buy the "no need for a licence because I don't drive", but what if you are poor and need food stamps or unemployment? I am fairly certain you need to present ID for any benefits, so why is this such a big deal?

These are two different things, and anyone not trolling with useless progressive talking points would never use this as an argument against state voter ID laws.

Do you feel that gatorman not being around somehow leaves a void you need to fill?

i didn't bring kenya's national voter id effort into the debate. what i wrote was the rational response.

For everyone else, who isn't "he who I am not talking to": a national voter id would be unconstitutional, as the Constitution clearly states that the states are empowered and required to handle all voting as they deem fit, and the Federal government cannot dictate the process.

a very good reason to currently avoid residing in nc like the plague.

I feel like we are going down in a death spiral that has been beat to death before now, but, why on earth would someone NOT have a need for some fashion of ID? Do they not need one to open a bank account or cash a check? I am also pretty confident that states which require the IDs will supply them free of charge. I can buy the "no need for a licence because I don't drive", but what if you are poor and need food stamps or unemployment? I am fairly certain you need to present ID for any benefits, so why is this such a big deal?

I know many people who simply do not want to be known. I know a 50something old grandmother of many who acts as the parent of 3 kids that has no license. She lives in government housing, as well. I found it amazing that she did not have a license. She said it was expensive and could not afford it. At this job the checks were direct deposit only. She had them deposited to someone elses account. All of the government assistence comes in her kids name (who are the ones with the kid). The parents are not involved, at all. The woman gets free housing, makes $30-32k a year, all the food she could want (in fact she sells the food stamps - often for boosts). When I asked what she would do in an emergency or instance where she would need to get somewhere, her answer was classic. "I just call someone or have someone else take me."

A lot of people simply do not need to have ID. ID does not give you magical abilities to drive, know your name or become a normal standard citizen.

The fact that "OC is having fun" and "OC is being a total ****head again" are virtually distinguishable is in no way my fault or responsibility.

0:)

!@#$. !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$. FUUUUUUUUUUCK. :wallbash:

!@#$ you, !@#$ball. Chef can give me ****, I'm not taking any from you, you festering bucket of pus.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

http://m.thetimesnews.com/news/top-news/elon-poll-finds-high-amount-of-voter-unhappiness-1.205230

More than half of registered voters in North Carolina disapprove of President Barack Obama’s job performance and nearly as many are unhappy with the way Gov. Pat McCrory has handled his role leading the state, according to the latest Elon University Poll.

The dissatisfaction reflects the way North Carolinians view the direction of the country and the state. Seventy percent believe the United States is on the “wrong track” and 59 percent say the same for North Carolina.

I know many people who simply do not want to be known. I know a 50something old grandmother of many who acts as the parent of 3 kids that has no license. She lives in government housing, as well. I found it amazing that she did not have a license. She said it was expensive and could not afford it. At this job the checks were direct deposit only. She had them deposited to someone elses account. All of the government assistence comes in her kids name (who are the ones with the kid). The parents are not involved, at all. The woman gets free housing, makes $30-32k a year, all the food she could want (in fact she sells the food stamps - often for boosts). When I asked what she would do in an emergency or instance where she would need to get somewhere, her answer was classic. "I just call someone or have someone else take me."

A lot of people simply do not need to have ID. ID does not give you magical abilities to drive, know your name or become a normal standard citizen.

She sounds like someone who definitely votes. :wallbash:

• 3 weeks later...

They pray before a public meeting? [see photo]

Huuuuuge debate here a while back. It went to a Supreme Court or something. It's been a while, but as long as they say beforehand this is "optional" and do not say Jesus or Allah or whatever to make it a certain religion, then yes...

About every county group, city group or other pray before meeting. I was wondering if anyone would catch that but it is funny that they prayed to have a Mayor removed before removing her. She is refusing to step down saying her personal life is private and she wants to run the City any way she wants. The City of High Point as one of the most heavily funded private college in the area, hosts one of the largest (2nd or 3rd now) furniture market shows in the country. And it is also one hell of a ghetto.

• 6 months later...

Ya'll should have been at the local cattlemens meeting here tonight. One of our county commissioners got up and explained that we should vote yet on a .25% increase on sales tax to support a new school because if we don't Raleigh is going to force our county to build a new school due to overcrowding and then they'll have to go up on our property taxes to raise money for a new school. Of course, then he explained that it won't matter, that .25% unless we make purchases over $4. And it's only a little bit until we spend more then $8 dollars. And then... it goes up only a little, and it's still better then a higher property tax.

Of course, that will go up anyway. And he could not help himself - though, true, to explain why our state is not funding our schools with the NC Education Lottery we just started about 5 years ago. Of course, that is because our State is using all of that money + the DOT funding/highway taxes to put toward other uses. And people wonder why the Charter School thing here is such a big deal. It'd probably help a lot.

Now of course, if you go down I85, US52 or any other major highway you will see what comes to about $5-6mm spent on brand new trees planted in the median, as well as flowers, bushes, and other such things to "keep North Carolina beautiful." But, we can't build a school even if we could get good teachers down here. And there are plenty of good teachers here - just not enough.

Ya'll should have been at the local cattlemens meeting here tonight. One of our county commissioners got up and explained that we should vote yet on a .25% increase on sales tax to support a new school because if we don't Raleigh is going to force our county to build a new school due to overcrowding and then they'll have to go up on our property taxes to raise money for a new school. Of course, then he explained that it won't matter, that .25% unless we make purchases over $4. And it's only a little bit until we spend more then $8 dollars. And then... it goes up only a little, and it's still better then a higher property tax.

Of course, that will go up anyway. And he could not help himself - though, true, to explain why our state is not funding our schools with the NC Education Lottery we just started about 5 years ago. Of course, that is because our State is using all of that money + the DOT funding/highway taxes to put toward other uses. And people wonder why the Charter School thing here is such a big deal. It'd probably help a lot.

Now of course, if you go down I85, US52 or any other major highway you will see what comes to about $5-6mm spent on brand new trees planted in the median, as well as flowers, bushes, and other such things to "keep North Carolina beautiful." But, we can't build a school even if we could get good teachers down here. And there are plenty of good teachers here - just not enough.

legalize pot, the first states to do it are going to make bank the laggards are going to end up legalizing it but by then all they'll see are savings on prisons .

legalize pot, the first states to do it are going to make bank the laggards are going to end up legalizing it but by then all they'll see are savings on prisons .

do we really need to turn this in to another pot thread?

NC would just squander the money away to pay for its archaic welfare systems, inept leadership and poorly maintained organizations.