The Destruction of North Carolina

Christ, after all this time, we still haven't destroyed North Carolina yet? I thought we would be well on our way. Perhaps this is another 20 years of doing nothing, and then assault/breech w/ snipers plan?

I think we should send the BLM and start tasering asses. Especially whoever got the contract to provide the shrubbery.

There's nothing neat about that at all. That's actually quite icky, when you could have spent it on teachers, and shrubbery tends to grow all by itself, especially in NC. Do they have Boy Scouts in need of Eagle projects in NC?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huuuuuge debate here a while back. It went to a Supreme Court or something. It's been a while, but as long as they say beforehand this is "optional" and do not say Jesus or Allah or whatever to make it a certain religion, then yes...

About every county group, city group or other pray before meeting. I was wondering if anyone would catch that but it is funny that they prayed to have a Mayor removed before removing her. She is refusing to step down saying her personal life is private and she wants to run the City any way she wants. The City of High Point as one of the most heavily funded private college in the area, hosts one of the largest (2nd or 3rd now) furniture market shows in the country. And it is also one hell of a ghetto.

wonder how the good ole boys in nc would feel if the satanists sued to erect a devil statue on public ground like they're doing in oklahoma. sounds like a fine place to stir another pot. i think this suit puts the whole issue in context. overt religious symbolism and public property shouldn't mix.

oh, and the teacher issue; i read where almost 10% of teachers in wake county resigned or didn't renew their contracts this year. somehow i don't think that's an impressive statistic for potential new businesses looking for an educated work force.http://khon2.com/2014/04/18/600-teachers-quit-in-wake-county-north-carolina/

Edited by birdog1960

Christ, after all this time, we still haven't destroyed North Carolina yet? I thought we would be well on our way. Perhaps this is another 20 years of doing nothing, and then assault/breech w/ snipers plan?

I think we should send the BLM and start tasering asses. Especially whoever got the contract to provide the shrubbery.

There's nothing neat about that at all. That's actually quite icky, when you could have spent it on teachers, and shrubbery tends to grow all by itself, especially in NC. Do they have Boy Scouts in need of Eagle projects in NC?

http://myfox8.com/2014/04/02/north-carolina-drivers-could-be-charged-by-the-mile-ncdot-hears-proposal/

The proposal would be to charge .5-cents-per-mile for cars, which would generate almost $500 million in annual state revenue.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/whistleblower-9-ncdot-spending-thousands-on-trees/nG8xd/

The DOT estimates cutting down the trees and planting news ones will cost taxpayers $300,000. The department plans to spend another $40,000 in federal stimulus money planting trees at interchanges along Interstate 485, including Johnston Road.

So, I would hate to see how ugly the quote would be for what the Democrats have done to this state?

113 years of contention. 9 years of that span have held a Republican serve as Governor.

Holshouser - 1973-1977

Martin - 1985-1993

McCrory - 2013-present

Yep. Ignorant, ain't ya?

Lets look even further. At the NC Senate and all that jazz.

That's even funnier, because the Republicans last held majority in the NC Senate in 1898. But, back in the 80's, IIRC, they were within 1 vote of making it a tie.

So, more or less, this state is the fault of Democrats.

But, no, it's really cool that you're stupid enough to believe a neat quote on Twitter by hipster douchebag author I never heard of... and it is wonderful he can aptly apply a quote about funding to public schools to the downfall of society. It's even better that you think it applies to this state. This state invested heavily in business that thrived on the financial sector and was lucky to have escaped without a bigger collapse in the banking industry (that was bailed out by a Democratic President, too!). Its industry focused on textiles and leaders lured manufacturers here with the promise of extremely cheap labor and a heaping pile of incentives. Today we still remain one of the lowest paying states in the country with a gap that was created by the Democrats that also built us thousands of Community Colleges that promised us education that will allow us to make a living at the mills and businesses around the state. Those industries have left, those industries are no longer in operation in this country because they have fled this country and this state. So, now we have an infrastructure, which in my opinion, takes advantage of the ignorant by the handing out of associates degrees in fields like "Aquarium Science," "Motorcycle Technology," "Wine and Beer," "Industrial Truck Maintenance" and "Air Conditioning."

Of course, to you, from your perch you just scratch your head. Me, I ask why the hell should my tax money go to teach some nose picker to learn to fix a forklift, brew beer, or fix an AC? I suggest that it would be much more beneficial to allow the student to enter the workforce immediately and receive training from an actual real world experience where he can work his way up from apprentice to master in any of those fields. Of course, this goes against all of your political philosophy. Of course, you are ignorant as hell but come off bright and knowledgeablebeing able to post a link to a really nifty sounding quote.

I'll leave you with this, so I look smart, too. I don't know who she is, but I Googled Quotes about Quotations and want to look witty.

I always have a quotation for everything - it saves original thinking.

Dorothy L. Sayers

I thought everybody flocked to NC because it was so great. What could have possibly gone wrong?

It is great. Minus the government it would be the best state in the country. It has the perfect amount of variety and climate appeal. Not too hot, not too cold, not too much worry about anything.

It is great. Minus the government it would be the best state in the country. It has the perfect amount of variety and climate appeal. Not too hot, not too cold, not too much worry about anything.

except if you're a public school teacher. then you worry about health insurance and groceries. while they try to teach kids to read and write, add and subtract and think. nc has never been a great state for public education. the repugs have succeeding in putting it now into the bottom 5 or 6. oh, and if you wanna see "prarie home companion" you'll have to travel a bit this year http://www.ticketmaster.com/a-prairie-home-companion-with-garrison-nashville-tennessee-05-10-2014/event/1B004B5FB9438FC9?artistid=835597&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2&tm_link=artist_msg-1_1B004B5FB9438FC9. Edited by birdog1960

except if you're a public school teacher. then you worry about health insurance and groceries. while they try to teach kids to read and write, add and subtract and think. nc has never been a great state for public education. the repugs have succeeding in putting it now into the bottom 5 or 6. oh, and if you wanna see "prarie home companion" you'll have to travel a bit this year http://www.ticketmas...B004B5FB9438FC9.

uhhh, how has a power that has barely had any power in this state succeeded to destroy the public education system?

uhhh, how has a power that has barely had any power in this state succeeded to destroy the public education system?

For the same reason Obama could get single payer through with the dems controlling both houses and the Presidency.

For the same reason Obama could get single payer through with the dems controlling both houses and the Presidency.

So, even if that were true and you were not joking we could look at this on the next level.

The state collects the taxes to provide for the counties to fund their schools and pay the teachers - supporting the infrastructure. The busing, the buildings, the high dollar things are funded from the state. The state is empowered to dole out that money to the county school systems but instead raids the chest to fund other projects. Or the county then gets that money and decides to spend it on ridiculous crap.

Winston-Salem spent a ton of money and gave a ton of breaks to Dell to build a desktop computer factory. Three years later the sales of desktops was gone and the plant was closed while Dell took the money and ran.

Greensboro /Guilford Co gave millions to a museum on Civil Rights in a grant but forgot to have the contract signed and since the contract has mysteriously disappeared leaving the county to foot the bill to a failing museum that has not turned a profit in its entire existence (4 years). It hemorrhages money.

Davidson County invest heaps of money to a failing community college system that has done nothing to improve the life of residents in the last 20+ years. The county remains the second lowest paying county in the state despite having a reportedly great college.

"Blue Dog" type Dems. Historically, NC stayed pretty much conservative and didn't change with the Dems. They should be Repubs but stayed Dems through sea changes of the 20's/30's and 60's...

It is a poisonous mix.

...what?

Edit: So the Democrats who you said were more or less conservatives might as well have been Republicans because they were conservative? Is this an attempt to place blame on Republicans and admonish the Democrats for screwing this state up? It's a brilliant idea, is it the new Democrat theme to blame someone else?

Edited by jboyst62

...what?

Edit: So the Democrats who you said were more or less conservatives might as well have been Republicans because they were conservative? Is this an attempt to place blame on Republicans and admonish the Democrats for screwing this state up? It's a brilliant idea, is it the new Democrat theme to blame someone else?

Yep, sort of. Blame conservatism. I don't pick the colors... It is your phucked up jackwater state. Can't you be like Vermont?

Yep, sort of. Blame conservatism. I don't pick the colors... It is your phucked up jackwater state. Can't you be like Vermont?

What is special about Vermont? They do not have the economy of North Carolina and it is a micro state compared to NC. I would imagine Ag is also their number one industry but they do not have the financial and research industries that we do and they would not support them.

Much of NC's success has gone against its state Gov. There are reasons why Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro and the Greater Charlotte area (Concord, Mooresville, Kannapolis, Rock Hill, SC, etc) have thrived and it goes against the grain of the rest of the state.

What is special about Vermont? They do not have the economy of North Carolina and it is a micro state compared to NC. I would imagine Ag is also their number one industry but they do not have the financial and research industries that we do and they would not support them.

Much of NC's success has gone against its state Gov. There are reasons why Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro and the Greater Charlotte area (Concord, Mooresville, Kannapolis, Rock Hill, SC, etc) have thrived and it goes against the grain of the rest of the state.

Look Buddy, just be thankful NC isn't MS or AL if it totally went red.

Look Buddy, just be thankful NC isn't MS or AL if it totally went red.

Yeah, uh... logically sound. I got nothing. I can't wrap my head around such a high level of stupid to correct it. Edited by jboyst62

Yeah, uh... logically sound. I got nothing. I can't wrap my head around such a high level of stupid to correct it.

Since we are making sweeping generalizations...

As much as we slack the Mass Holes... They do have the highest rated schools in the country. Any coincidence the worst systems are the most conservative states. Same with New Jersey, New York, and California. Conservative farmers don't tend to handle education well. Now, mix in the perfect sh*tstorm of poverty.

NC is a deeply conservative state that some how stayed blue. No wonder it is so jazzed up.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois